Hi, I'm switching to Sky ADSL2+ broadband and I have received Sky Q ER115 router. I want to use my own router/modem when it goes live. I have found various instructions for Sky broadband user name and password extraction, but it's not always clear to me whether it's for ADSL or VDSL, and which router it's for.
The broadband package I have is ADSL2+ broadband with Sky Q ER115 router.
1. Could someone please confirm the right way to extract ADSL password?
2. What's the protocol, PPPoA or MER/EthoA?
3. Do I need to use Wireshark to capture the traffic and look for DHCP options (which I think is for MER)?
4. Is it advisable to use the generic ADSL account email@example.com
, any pros and cons?
5. Can I extract the password before the line switches to Sky (I'm currently with another ADSL provider)
I have another question about ADSL line profile, does Sky use FastPath or Interleaved mode? Would they change the profile to FastPath if a customer asks for it? Additionally do they have several noise margin profiles for customers to choose from? When I was with TalkTalk a few years ago, they allowed customers to choose FastPath/Interleaved as well as target noise margin.