User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User codesmite
(newbie) Thu 08-Mar-18 13:47:40
Print Post

Sky doesn't offer support to gamers with routing issues.

[link to this post]

I've recently been having problems with my connection to a games servers (League of Legends).
My broadband connection is fine. They literally just need to reroute connection to the two servers I provided them with as currently on the current route I have 90% packet loss.

I have phoned them multiple times regarding the issues.

On one occasion they told me "We just don't care".
On another occasion they told me "Sky does not support gamers", which I found kind of ridiculous, I'm not just a "gamer", I am one of their customers having issues and they are refusing to support me.

I've experienced this routing issue before with previous ISPs (Virgin, Blueyonder and BT).

The difference is when I called them to have my connection rerouted for the I.P addresses I provided it was done within an hour.

I've had no problems with Sky for a year until now,and the first time I have a minor problem they just straight up refuse to support or help me.

The technical support wouldn't even talk to me, they just keep making the first line support lady that I was connected with to walk back and fourth Chinese whispering what I was telling her to them.

They kept telling her to tell me "That SHE couldn't help me and we should end the call". lol?
Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Fri 09-Mar-18 09:16:51
Print Post

Re: Sky doesn't offer support to gamers with routing issues.

[re: codesmite] [link to this post]

I don't think that any ISP HAS to fix a route to a specific server. If you have unrestricted access to 99.99% of the internet then that is probably all they HAVE to give.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User mbames
(member) Fri 09-Mar-18 12:46:10
Print Post

Maybe you should tell us these two servers for which you are having trouble, and other people can check - that might determine if it is an issue within the Sky network, or somewhere outside of Sky's remit.

Vodafone Fibre (40/10), Draytek 130, DrayTek 2925, DrayTek AP-910c x 2
(Gone but not forgotten: AP-700, 2820n x 2, 2800vg, 2800, HG612)

Speedtests:
ThinkBB - Mini | ThinkBB - Full | Speedtest.net

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bowdon
(committed) Fri 09-Mar-18 13:00:59
Print Post

I've not used this myself. But some other people I know have.

It's called WTFast and I think its some kind of vpn for gaming. You should look in to it. I'm not sure of costs or games that it works with, and in a perfect world you shouldn't have to pay for another service. But I thought I'd suggest it.

Demon => Freeserve => Pipex => Be => Sky => BT Infinity 2
Standard User nemeth782
(committed) Fri 09-Mar-18 13:11:29
Print Post

A VPN or proxy in theory could be a short term solution, as it means your traffic goes another route. Not ideal but gets around the issue for you.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 19-Mar-18 16:25:52
Print Post

do a google, you will find a NOC contact email address, they dont reply, as they not supposed to deal with end user complaints, but I have used it twice, and problem both times was fixed within an hour.

Try not to word it as you a customer tho, just report a routing problem with consistent packetloss between 2 end points, and supply a mtr for both directions.

These type of problems reported via tech support is head scratching at best, its outside their script.

Of course you need to do a bit of your own testing first to determine the problem is within sky's control.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6

Edited by Chrysalis (Mon 19-Mar-18 16:31:15)

Print Thread

Jump to