User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

These posts have been archived and can no longer be replied to or modified.
  Print Thread
Standard User solfer
(newbie) Thu 27-Jul-06 07:43:26
Print Post

No BB service since May!!!

[link to this post]

Anyone here had similar problems - if so how were they resolved?

A (non-techie) friend of mine signed up in April, has been told since that his line has been activated since May, yet his speedtouch WILL NOT sync... TT have sent him 2 modems, still the same problem.

Numerous emails & phone calls (when he can get through) still haven't resolved it. I know for a fact that the hardware & software is all installed correctly. If I stick his number in BT's ADSL checker it comes back with:

"Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a line rate up to 1Mbps. However due to the length of your line the 1Mbps service may require an engineer visit who will, where possible, supply the broadband service.

Our test also indicates that your line should be able to support a potential ADSL Max broadband line rate of 1.5Mbps or greater."

Surely TT should be arranging an engineer visit? This must be the worst CS i've ever come across in ANY field of business!!! Thank gawd I'm with PlusNet myself...

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 27-Jul-06 07:58:51
Print Post

Re: No BB service since May!!!

[re: solfer] [link to this post]

http://www.btwholesale.com/get_broadband/index.html

Should say something like below for an activated line, the critical bit is the last note, which is placed on a line once it is activated for ADSL. One would have expected an engineer visit by now - and suggests an unreasonable slowness in dealing with the issue if one has not been sent yet

"For Telephone Number ABCDEFGH on Exchange SOMEWHERE

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a line rate up to 2Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line should be able to support a potential ADSL Max broadband line rate of 4Mbps or greater.

The actual ADSL Max line rate supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use, after which time the highest stable rate possible will be set.

If you decide to place an order, a further test will be performed to confirm if your line is suitable for the service you wish to purchase.

Thank you for your interest.

Note: If you have an ISDN or Home Highway service connected to this number and you wish to purchase Broadband ADSL, this can be arranged through your Service Provider. You will only be able to keep one of your ISDN / Home Highway telephone numbers - generally you can choose any of your numbers but there are some rare exceptions. If you have an existing Broadband ADSL service and wish to change service providers then please contact both your new and existing service provider to have this service transferred.

"
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User solfer
(newbie) Thu 27-Jul-06 12:05:17
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

That gives me the following:

"For Telephone Number 01702xxxxxx on Exchange ROCHFORD

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a line rate up to 1Mbps. However due to the length of your line the 1Mbps service may require an engineer visit who will, where possible, supply the broadband service.

Our test also indicates that your line should be able to support a potential ADSL Max broadband line rate of 1.5Mbps or greater.

The actual ADSL Max line rate supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use, after which time the highest stable rate possible will be set.

If you decide to place an order, a further test will be performed to confirm if your line is suitable for the service you wish to purchase.

Thank you for your interest.

Note: If you have an ISDN or Home Highway service connected to this number and you wish to purchase Broadband ADSL, this can be arranged through your Service Provider. You will only be able to keep one of your ISDN / Home Highway telephone numbers - generally you can choose any of your numbers but there are some rare exceptions. If you have an existing Broadband ADSL service and wish to change service providers then please contact both your new and existing service provider to have this service transferred."

How can I escalate this???

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 27-Jul-06 19:39:51
Print Post

[re: solfer] [link to this post]

It looks like BT has an order on the line, probably activated but not working - if you say it is not working then usual pattern is for ISP to walk you through some checks and book a BT engineer visit with the warning if its a silly mistake on your part you may be charged for the visit.

How to escalate it - down to Talk Talk, until a fault is logged by them with BT Wholesale not a lot I can do to help.

If Talk Talk get nowhere report to Ofcom

Andrew
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User choa32
(member) Fri 28-Jul-06 12:04:01
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

U need to state clearly the problem... what u mean it dont syn?

I assume the indicators on the modem are red hence the syn? if so, this may be due to the distance you connecting from, try and connect to the main phone port and not the extension. Hope this helps
  Print Thread

Jump to