User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User woweebert
(experienced) Fri 19-Mar-10 20:00:43
Print Post

Re: 2 Months - Still no broadband (Talk Talk OCEs please rea

[re: Shuansheep] [link to this post]

There is something very wrong with TalkTalk provisioning new lines , i have a good friend that has been waiting 3 weeks for TalkTalk to contact him and obviously needs his line installed in his new house .

Against my better judgement i have advised him to go with BT , at least they got his telephone connected and working with in two days .

I cant defend the in defensible " TalkTalk you suck at line provisioning and i suggest you remove the option until you can actually provide the service "

UKonline... Premier LLU
Standard User Shuansheep
(newbie) Sat 20-Mar-10 10:50:46
Print Post

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

Thanks for the confidence In TT I'll think about what you said about people only giving negative feedback in forums.

As I said in a previous post I've been with them myself for 7 years for my calls with no problems and thought the swap over would be easy. I had no complaints but then had no reason to call customer services.

I don't want to leave TT as this is a very good deal price wise however it's only a good deal if they can connect me to it.

SS
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 20-Mar-10 10:57:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by Shuansheep:
. I had no complaints but then had no reason to call customer services.

I read a few threads in the TT forum before joining and realised that is the best place to go for help, OCE's do visit here but I am not sure how regularly, phone support has a terrible reputation.

http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/index.php

Edited by Jack_Hackett (Sat 20-Mar-10 10:58:10)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Shuansheep
(newbie) Sat 20-Mar-10 12:09:36
Print Post

Yeah thanks again

I left a post on there yesterday on broadband conection and stability it's now 3 pages down the list and about to go onto page 4. As it's the weekend they may not answer untill monday do you know if they reply to all posts however long they are on there?

I'm also waiting for a call back from customer services they said 24 hours that was about 3pm yesterday.

SS
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 20-Mar-10 12:51:57
Print Post

Yeah thanks again

do you know if they reply to all posts however long they are on there?

They work from oldest thread first so dont add anything to it or you will put it to the back of the queue. wink
Standard User Shuansheep
(newbie) Thu 25-Mar-10 09:46:56
Print Post

Just an update I've had a reply from OCE Ady they have canceled my order and reordered it so now again I have to wait 48 hours plus 14 working days to go live.

At least now it's on the fourm I have a record of all the corespondence and hopefully don't need to spend the first 10 min explaining my problem to be transfered to 3 people and then told ring back in a few days.

Will I ever get broadband?

I'm also still waiting for a callback from customer services on my mobile as requested nearly 1 week ago.

Let's see what happens.

SS
Standard User creakycopperline
(learned) Thu 05-Apr-12 16:59:45
Print Post

In reply to a post by Jack_Hackett:
Reading the TalkTalk forum makes me feel worried about continuing with my order maybe I should get out before they connect me and tie me in for 24 months to a service they can't provide. They have said I can leave as they have not fufilled their end.

I'm not after the highest fastest speed in the world but just want to pay a flat rate per month to send a few emails and do a bit of internet shopping.

The problem with forums is few happy customers visit to say how happy and satisfied they are therefore you get a biased view.

I've been with TT for 5 months and am happy with the service, stable speeds, low ping's and a rock solid connection.

i would'nt call a few thousand complaints in their BB section little, and they run a Chinese style cencorship policy over there, my BB is awefull. TT admins, no it isn't evrerything is fine, infact the sun shines out of talk talk's [censored]. and you are lying.
they seem oblivious to the fact that their network is not that stellar. i know other telcos have their problems, but not as big as talk talk. even ofcom complaints results back me up. i'm sure one of their minnions will be despatched trying to debase my claims, but the fact is, i was a tt customer worst 18 months ever, only sorted out the connection problems when i fitted an ADSL plate, only go with Talk Talk if you enjoy being tortured. i'm sure this post will be deleted by a pro carphone wh hitman.
toodles

My Broadband Speed Test
Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 05-Apr-12 18:52:31
Print Post

[re: creakycopperline] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by creakycopperline:
i'm sure this post will be deleted by a pro carphone wh hitman.
toodles
Only mods can delete posts on this bbs, and (by and large) ISPs have to take the rough with the smooth.

Members can generally distinguish between those with genuine complaints and those with an axe to grind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com __________________Planes and Boats and ... __________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Ahmedg
(committed) Fri 06-Apr-12 19:19:40
Print Post

[re: creakycopperline] [link to this post]

No fan boy of their and only been with them about a month having moved from Bether and to be honest reading all the net I expected to be a horror show but in these times needs must and the offer was too good to ignore.

The connection has not been as good as my Bether was but than there are the best ISP out there.

For the money I am paying i am more than happy, only getting .5 or less Meg than with BT but upload is worse and only get .8 at best where as with bether it was 1 or more but have no complains. The OCE on the forum are helpful and given the no of posts do come back reasonably quick.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Tue 10-Apr-12 06:57:26
Print Post

[re: Ahmedg] [link to this post]

If you want the maximum upload speed on TT LLU (ie 1019 kbps or close to it), then you will have to request to be put on a fast path profile...like yourself when i first went live, my upload was only hitting 800 kbps or so but after requesting to be put on a fastpath profile (24FSNR6), i'm now getting the full 1019 kbps with low ping times. Obviously if you're on a poor/long line then its better to stay on an interleaved connection but if you don't have any connection problems then request to be put on a 24FSNR6 profile on the TT forums - this will also lower your downstream noise margin from TT's default 12db to 6db.

Also try to use a broadcom chipset based router...eg most netgears, Billion 7800n, Billion 7700N, Speedtouch ST585 etc as you are almost certain to get a rock soild connection. The free talktalk router is junk (especially Huawei).

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ 18015/1019 kbps
Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 4S 16gb
ThinkPad X220
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to