User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | (show all)   Print Thread
Moderator billford
(moderator) Wed 25-Aug-10 11:41:56
Print Post

Re: TT Stalking

[re: TALKTALK_SUPPORT] [link to this post]

(Malware is the name given to any software designed to infiltrate a personís computer without their consent.)
Hmm... isn't that the point of Hatari's complaint? crazy

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com

Edited by billford (Wed 25-Aug-10 11:51:10)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User paul25
(newbie) Wed 25-Aug-10 12:10:47
Print Post

Re: Dead Parrot!

[re: user101] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by user101:
In reply to a post by sean_r:
user101, It can't be edited as the ability to edit time has expired.

Posted by Jack_Hackett
Well as Ive said countless times the thread here is dead and so is the one in the TT forum , you and the clique are the only ones keeping both alive and bring nothing new to the thread

If its dead, why do you keep posting in it?

It may have escaped your notice but all my posts in this thread were really about that link in the OP, following the inflammatory 'Perfect Link' remarks from your compadre.

But Thanks for informing me that you don't have the ability to edit that,
but others do!

If that had been done earlier, in a timely manner, i wouldn't even have posted here...

Hi user i just checked and am unable to edit my post of last night

We cannot proceed.
We encountered a problem. The reason reported was

This post can no longer be edited because the maximum edit time has expired

This is not necessarily an error. If you feel this is an error then it could be something as simple as your browser not being set to accept cookies. If you feel this error is a problem with the server then please contact team@thinkbroadband.com and let us know what exactly went wrong so it can be fixed as soon as possible. Otherwise, please use your back button to return to the previous page.

Edited by paul25 (Wed 25-Aug-10 12:12:33)

Standard User Futaura
(committed) Wed 25-Aug-10 17:51:12
Print Post

Re: TT Stalking

[re: billford] [link to this post]

Also the "Importantly, the anti-malware system does not record or scan any secure https website URLs." part is a bit of a joke - they word it as if they have made a concious decision, but in reality as https requests are encrypted by nature it is technically impossible for them to snoop on https URLs (that includes all the headers containing the actual URL and host name). Probably if it wasn't impossible they would be scanning them smile. If this scanning "technology" becomes widespread, then it'll just push offenders to use SSL instead to avoid it. IMO, the only sensible place to scan for malware is at the user end - TalkTalk's solution will never catch every threat after all, and can only serve to lull customers into a false sense of security.

Edited by Futaura (Wed 25-Aug-10 17:51:57)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Wed 25-Aug-10 18:33:52
Print Post

[re: paul25] [link to this post]

If you aint used um all up with your normal drivel .Why cant you just leave this that are interested and go and spout some were else .

Did you mean where ?

Why should I leave I have lots of interesting points to make on the subject ?

BLINKERED .

I will reply with - MIRROR. grin

I agree you should be able to dis agree but we have logged your feelings now let those that have a vested intrest post and discuss .

You say vested interest I say biased.

I may one day read a post that you have helped someone .No that won't happen will it .You just like arguments .

You have an anmazing knack of opening your mouth and putting both your feet in it, read -

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/talktalk/t/3892688-...

Edited by Jack_Hackett (Wed 25-Aug-10 18:38:44)

Standard User paul25
(newbie) Thu 26-Aug-10 09:16:26
Print Post

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

Morning Jacked 2 the max .
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/talktalk/t/3892688-...
How lovely . LOL

Edited by paul25 (Thu 26-Aug-10 11:40:07)

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Aug-10 11:35:06
Print Post

[re: paul25] [link to this post]

O dear , another link that does not work ...

I'm unhappy about actions taken by a site owner but this is a important topic .

I'm thinking a new thread with working/ readable links might be a way of getting people to engage in debating this subject .

UKonline... Premier LLU
Standard User Hatari
(member) Tue 11-Jan-11 15:36:41
Print Post

Talktalk monitoring subscribers *DELETED*

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Post deleted by Sadoldman
Moderator Sadoldman
(moderator) Wed 12-Jan-11 10:28:37
Print Post

Re: Talktalk monitoring subscribers *DELETED*

[re: Hatari] [link to this post]

Left it alone for a while but I cannot allow TBB to be the vehicle for collecting donations; it does question our impartiality I feel.

I think your views are clear as you have ample opportunity to express them in this long thread that died 6 months ago so I think it best if this one closed.

Closed

Sadoldman

Just a tad sad..a wee bit old...wink

don@thinkbroadband.com
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to