User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Moderator billford
(moderator) Sat 31-Jul-10 16:12:32
Print Post

Re: TT Stalking

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jack_Hackett:
If you are so sure they are up to something dodgey what steps have you taken to put a stop to it?
Seems to me that they are up to something dodgy- deliberate and knowing infringement of copyright.

They've been told to stop (both electronically and by direct communication), and have ignored it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com

Edited by billford (Sat 31-Jul-10 16:48:36)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Sat 31-Jul-10 17:28:14
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

They've been told to stop (both electronically and by direct communication), and have ignored it.

Bill can you say categorically they are breaking the law ?

I think they would have to be extremely stupid to carry if they are, the TT forum thread is there for all to see even non members.
Moderator billford
(moderator) Sat 31-Jul-10 17:33:39
Print Post

I'm not a copyright lawyer, so not familiar with what is criminal and what is civil law, but deliberate infringement of copyright is certainly an offence of some sort.

Perhaps you should talk to someone in the music industry, they're pretty familiar with copyright legislation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(knowledge is power) Sat 31-Jul-10 17:51:21
Print Post

In reply to a post by billford:
I'm not a copyright lawyer, so not familiar with what is criminal and what is civil law, but deliberate infringement of copyright is certainly an offence of some sort.

Perhaps you should talk to someone in the music industry, they're pretty familiar with copyright legislation.

Bill I cannot believe a company as big as TT who have already got a reputation that stinks for their lack of customer support would be stupid enough to carry on what they are doing having already had it plastered across their own forum that their customers have noticed they are being monitored, they are now being refereed to in the forum as StalkStalk, i honestly believe they will have looked into the legal side of things before they started and that is why they carry on.

If it turns out i am wrong I will gladly eat my humble pie. grin

Edited by Jack_Hackett (Sat 31-Jul-10 17:54:35)

Moderator billford
(moderator) Sat 31-Jul-10 17:54:15
Print Post

i honestly believe they have will have looked into the legal side of things before they started and that is why they carry on.
So did BT with Phorm tongue
If it turns out i am wrong I will gladly eat my humble pie. grin
Can't say fairer than that smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com
Standard User Hatari
(member) Sat 31-Jul-10 19:20:48
Print Post

Do we agree that the owner has the right to refuse access to any website.

This extract from a reply from CD email after Stalkstalk had been told to stop accessing my sites, I believe demonstrates their arrogant attitude to website owners "we refute your email and reserve our rights to check your site for the protection of our users. "

Stalkstalk have no rights to access anyone else’s site or mine

BTW
I cannot believe a company as big as TT
That is what they rely on people believing they are so big they could not/would not do such a thing.

Edited by Hatari (Sat 31-Jul-10 19:25:01)

Moderator billford
(moderator) Sat 31-Jul-10 19:40:29
Print Post

[re: Hatari] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Hatari:
As I understand it, and I must re-emphasise that I am not a lawyer, you can allow or refuse access to your site to whoever you please and for whatever reason you please.

As can any website owner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com
Standard User tommy45
(experienced) Sat 31-Jul-10 19:54:09
Print Post

MMM,i wonder what stalk stalk will do if a lot of popular web sites start to block their ip ranges for instance ,let's face it, it could happen "this site is a talk talk free zone"

(knowledge is power) Sat 31-Jul-10 20:30:41
Print Post

[re: Hatari] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Hatari:

I agree if you own the site you should have the right to block anyone if you so wish, I dont know the first thing about setting up a web site but assume you as the admin must have tolls to block entry to anyone you dont want to view it, if this is the case why do these tools not block TT ?

Edited by Jack_Hackett (Sat 31-Jul-10 20:31:31)

Moderator billford
(moderator) Sat 31-Jul-10 20:32:45
Print Post

if this is the case why do these tools not block whatever TT ?
TT use dynamic IPs, blocking the whole range would exclude all TT customers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to