User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User goldenoldie
(knowledge is power) Thu 23-Sep-10 18:31:05
Print Post

We have a result from OTELO

[link to this post]

An update

earlier thread

I quote from the Executor's e-mail to me this evening

On a brighter note, just about to sign the forms accepting the report from Otelo. Tiscali never responded to them! So report entirely based on my file ('have no reason to doubt Mrs xxxxx's records or veracity'). Otelo are ordering them to write off the money (the 77p still outstanding), apologise to you, and sending a cheque to me for 50 quid that we can then donate to Ward 24. I look forward to reading this on the Otelo website in 6 months or so. But goldenoldie can update the thread on the forum now. [[/quote]

Ward 24 is the Unit where my husband was treated following his diagnosis of Acute Myeloid Leukaemia until his death 16 months later.

It would have been nice if we could have got a larger cheque , but after all
Unfortunately, it's the maximum goodwill payment they can order. To be fair, money is normally paid for bills wrongly charged, and can run into considerably larger sums.

But by keeping my request reasonable, Tiscali just made themselves look worse.

-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x
If a thing ain't broke --- DON'T FIX IT
Experienced in making a mess of things smile
2 x MacBook Pro on OSX 10.6.2 ,Lynksys Router WRT54G ,G3iMac( retired from use) [ sssh and and a PC wireless lappy using XP Pro ] all on Virginmedia 10mbit
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Fri 24-Sep-10 01:52:43
Print Post

Re: We have a result from OTELO

[re: goldenoldie] [link to this post]

Well done! Good result! You deserve it.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Dec-10 22:53:19
Print Post

Update

Following that nothing more has been heard from TalkTalk/Tiscali.

We know that OTELO's report was sent to them but they never responded to OTELO

As a result OTELO confirmed that the award of £50 was to be paid. This should have arrived at the end of November

BUT strange to relate no money has been received - we are cogitating on our next action

-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x
2 x MacBook Pro on OSX 10.6.4 ,Belkin N Wireless Router , [ sssh and and a PC wired lappy using XP Pro ] all on Virginmedia 20meg

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Dec-10 23:12:22
Print Post

How disgraceful!

I can only suggest a formal "Final Notice before Legal Action" ( http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_you_buy/makin... ) be sent to their HO giving them 14 days before you open an online Small Claim.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB

Edited by XRaySpeX (Tue 14-Dec-10 23:12:50)

Standard User ETEE
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 15-Dec-10 23:27:36
Print Post

Congratulations. I expect you will have to sue TT. Don't forget to inform Ofcom for similar reasons as I mentioned in the other thread.

ETEE

16448kbps/1017kbps Best Speed 13820kbps cool ThinkBroadband SpeedTester

Worst Speed 211kbps confused shocked TalkTalk LLU ADSL2+
Standard User kamelion
(experienced) Wed 15-Dec-10 23:53:56
Print Post

Send the debt collectors in !

BeUnlimited
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 2,273 / 21,442
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Dec-10 08:28:41
Print Post

[re: kamelion] [link to this post]

Think we will probably now wait till Christmas is over and the Royal Mail / Post Office returns to 'normality' and then we will light a few pieces of blue touch paper and then stand back.

If the TalkTalk Rep is reading [ it's a helluva big IF ] take note and tell your bosses - if we go to Court I WILL WIN and it will get TT a lot of bad publicity

2 x MacBook Pro on OSX 10.6.4 ,Belkin N Wireless Router , [ sssh and and a PC wired lappy using XP Pro ] all on Virginmedia 20meg
(knowledge is power) Mon 17-Jan-11 15:24:11
Print Post

We still do not have the cheque in our hands .

OTELO are aware of this - it seems the problem is compounded by the very large number of Tiscali billing problems [does this sound familiar ?] which are also in the pipeline.

This is not satisfactory - but I really can't see what can be done. I gather I'm just one person in a huge number of folk , all of whom are having problems .

It really is time TalkTalk actually cleaned up the Tiscali problems for good, instead of telling folk to contact a non-existent company and then dragging their feet . I suppose I should count myself lucky that there was only 1 threat of debt collectors - but I'm still not happy

ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Thu 20-Jan-11 16:09:18
Print Post

Hi goldenoldie,

I am sorry to hear you haven't received the cheque. Would you be kind enough to email ttmfcontactus@talktalkgroup.com with your name and telephone number. We will then pass this straight to our complaints department.

Ady

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User NilSatisOptimum
(newbie) Thu 20-Jan-11 16:45:01
Print Post

[re: TALKTALK_SUPPORT] [link to this post]

O my, this is truly shocking situation Talk Talk, when your sales phone me or knock on my door again i will point them to this thread. "I dont think so" will be my firm answer.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to