User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Windsoar
(newbie) Tue 26-Oct-10 21:11:43
Print Post

How do I get Talk Talk to reply to me?

[link to this post]

After 10 years as a very happy Tiscali customer my online world has fallen apart after the TalkTalk takeover and migration to their new generation network. As a result my Broadband went down for 10 days and is now running slower than before and much less reliably - it has failed 7 times this evening. I have emailed, written and telephoned TalkTalk without success. They wrote back to say I am not a customer anymore (but still collect payments). I wrote again on 26th September - no reply. I emailed on 14th October and got a response to one of the 5 queries on 21st asking me to do a series of tests on my own equipment, which I did but they haven't replied to that message or addressed the unreliability issue or any of the other 4 queries. Talk Talk have a good reputation for customer service so surely somebody can give me a tip on how I can get them to resolve this debacle.
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Tue 26-Oct-10 21:33:06
Print Post

Re: How do I get Talk Talk to reply to me?

[re: Windsoar] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Windsoar:
surely somebody can give me a tip on how I can get them to resolve this debacle.

Have you tried the forum ?

http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/index.php
Standard User Windsoar
(newbie) Tue 26-Oct-10 21:46:00
Print Post

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

this seemed like a good suggestion but it won't let me register. it says my account number is invalid even though I have re-tried, copying and pasting the account number from my October bill. This seems to be part of my trouble - the two parts of Talk Talk - the old part and the Tiscali part - seem to have lost some of my information betweent heir systems. Of course that doesn't explainthe slow and unrelaible part but it does explain some of the customer service parts.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 26-Oct-10 22:05:38
Print Post

If you have exhausted what can be said to be normal avenues, then email me andrew@thinkbroadband.com with appropriate contact details and will pass them onto TalkTalk press contact who will get someone from head office to contact you.

Others reading this in the exact same situation can email me too, but if that proves to be hundreds of you I may change my mind, but at that point its time to go meet them to discuss why this is happening so often.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Windsoar
(newbie) Tue 26-Oct-10 22:07:30
Print Post

Update - I received an automated message telling me that the reason I cannot log on to the forum Jack suggested is because "the members forum is currently only available to TalkTalk customers, ex-tiscali customers are not able to register ". The ex-Tiscali customers forum will not let me in either and resets my user name to my old lineone email address!
Standard User Windsoar
(newbie) Tue 26-Oct-10 22:10:51
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

This is very helpful. I am pulling together an email with my contact details and a simple chronology and will send it to you within the hour.
Standard User goldenoldie
(knowledge is power) Thu 28-Oct-10 07:21:04
Print Post

hohohoho

ex Tiscali customer - best of luck

I'm still waiting for TalkTalk/Tiscali to pay the compensation awarded by OTELO - TalkTalk/Tiscali have not , I understood even acknowledged the letter from OTELO telling them that £50 was fair compensation for the harassment of me after my husband's death .

We have to wait till almost the end of November before the next stage will take place .

Read and shudder a Saga of Tiscali/TalkTalk problems

-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x
If a thing ain't broke --- DON'T FIX IT
Experienced in making a mess of things smile
2 x MacBook Pro on OSX 10.6.4 ,Belkin N Wireless Router ,G3iMac( retired from use) [ sssh and and a PC wired lappy using XP Pro ] all on Virginmedia 20meg
Standard User Malwaremike
(regular) Thu 28-Oct-10 08:29:46
Print Post

I'm really sorry to hear from yet another ex-Tiscali customer screwed up by TalkTalk. See http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/general/f/3887392-t...
Otelo says it has asked Pipex to comment on my complaint, will post eventual result whether Otelo has any luck or whether I have to sue them. As I certainly shall if necessary.

Hard to believe that a company which spends so much on signing up new victims should treat existing customers in such a way. Most marketing folk would say that your best customers are your existing customer base.

My advice would be to start complaints procedure with registered letter, then Otelo which will not act until 8 wks after the procedure has been started. Or just ask for a MAC and find another ISP. I'm satisfied with BT since I moved in August, monthly cost anytime calls with year's advance line rental is 50p more than same package with TT. It has worked well so far, speeds about the same. Good luck.
Standard User Windsoar
(newbie) Thu 28-Oct-10 20:44:26
Print Post

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

well another 24 hours have passed without any action from Talk Talk and the system has stalled more times than I can remember today. Thanks to MrSaffron and Malwaremike for their advice - I am trying every avenue open to me to try and restore the service I had before the "upgrade" so will spend time this evening composing the formal complaint that Malwaremike suggests. I didn't previously know of Otelo, but will use them if I can't resolve this directly with TT. Unfortunately althogugh we are close to the Exchange, we live in a rural location so Virgin media is not available and the O2 package is also not much good for us as the O2 mobile signal does not work in our village, so it really is Talk Talk or BT if we want a Broadband / Calls and Line rental package.
Standard User Windsoar
(newbie) Sat 30-Oct-10 10:08:04
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Some positive news. The High Level Complaints Manager from Talk Talk called me on Friday, has asked me to send him speedtests from another official site and promises to call me with further news on Monday. I bewlieve this to be a result of Mr Saffron's referral. Thank you.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to