User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Mythril
(newbie) Sat 27-Nov-10 15:50:19
Print Post

Talk Talk - NEVER ever again.

[link to this post]

I've only registered on here to share my experience with everyone else with regards to Talk Talk.

First off if I could get any ISP of my choice I would of gone with Be Unlimited. I've had them in the past and they are VERY good. Excellent speed and even though I never experienced any problems, I was always told of any down time in advance for system updates etc. Good tech support and never any issues but due to my exchange not having LLU enabled, it's a no go for me.

Anyway I was put onto Tiscali (not my choice) and then Talk Talk when they bought them out. The service is terrible. There is no other way of discribing this. They traffic shape, block web sites (hotfile etc), cripple speeds around 4pm till gone 11:30pm. I'd be lucky to got 20k a second every evening and then if by magic after 12am speeds would slowly improve to around 2Mbit on an 8Mbit line. I've had more drop outs in one day than I have ever had in my entire life with these cowboys. This was my main problem. The drop outs.

Now I have a friend that works for BT and he says everything is fine and dandy with my line/exchange and I know my line/router is ok (tried a couple of routers to be safe) yet I can drop connection at least 6 times in an hour.

Anyway enough was enough. I told Talk Talk where to go with their terrible service and gone with a new provider. Ok it's a little more a month but I tell you what, I'm already downloading nearly 450k a second faster, no traffic shaping or web site blocking what so ever. Speeds are always the same no matter what time of day it is so Talk Talk please drop of the face of the planet and never return !

I know what people will say, it's something at your end, router etc but I assure you it is not.

To anyone considering to go over to Talk Talk, DONT !!!!! Your gonna regret it from the get go ! Look how many problem people have with speeds and connection issues and ask yourself the question, why ? You'll be glad you never signed up to them.

Thanks for your time and I hope I've saved anybody the headaches/hassle they may of experienced by joining these muppets.

Regards,
Mythril.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sat 27-Nov-10 17:04:45
Print Post

Re: Talk Talk - NEVER ever again.

[re: Mythril] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Mythril:
I know what people will say, it's something at your end, router etc but I assure you it is not.
Post your router stats & we can tell.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB
Standard User Mythril
(newbie) Sat 27-Nov-10 17:07:07
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I'm no longer with Talk Talk so I'm unable to show you, sorry.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sat 27-Nov-10 17:17:05
Print Post

[re: Mythril] [link to this post]

OK, but if it were something at your end, it could still be there and would show in your stats now.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB
Standard User Fenris
(experienced) Sat 27-Nov-10 18:57:57
Print Post

They traffic shape, block web sites (hotfile etc), cripple speeds around 4pm till gone 11:30pm. I'd be lucky to got 20k a second every evening and then if by magic after 12am speeds would slowly improve to around 2Mbit on an 8Mbit line. I've had more drop outs in one day than I have ever had in my entire life with these cowboys. This was my main problem. The drop outs.

What a load of tosh, I'm on the basic essentials package and can d/l at 12Mb on p2p [can only sync at 14Mb because distance from the exchange] or whatever protocol I use. The line never drops.

You obviously had a fault with your line and should have phoned or joined the talktalk members forum to sort it out. But it was easier for you to throw your toys out of your pram it seems and leave - if indeed your were a real customer.

You don't know what you're on about and are just pushing your own agenda to TRY and put off the few new customers who would bother coming on this forum. FAIL.

TalkTalk

Edited by Fenris (Sat 27-Nov-10 18:59:21)

Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Sat 27-Nov-10 19:08:56
Print Post

[re: Fenris] [link to this post]

What a load of tosh, I'm on the basic essentials package and can d/l at 12Mb on p2p

Could you share you secret, If i had £1 for every thread I've read that starts P2P speeds are rubbish" I would be a very rich man, I look forward to your reply and a massive speed increase. wink
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sat 27-Nov-10 19:18:32
Print Post

[re: Fenris] [link to this post]

That wasn't what I asked! I have no problem with my line. you TT toyboy.

(knowledge is power) Sat 27-Nov-10 19:21:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
That wasn't what I asked! I have no problem with my line. you TT toyboy.

I think you mean Fanboy. grin
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sat 27-Nov-10 19:23:40
Print Post

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

I know what I mean! You should know smile

(knowledge is power) Sat 27-Nov-10 19:28:29
Print Post

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
I know what I mean! You should know smile

Do you think he will be able to explain how he can get great P2P speeds when the rest of use struggle to say the least?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to