User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sat 27-Nov-10 19:33:22
Print Post

Re: Talk Talk - NEVER ever again.

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

Dunno! Don't care! I was addressing OP's possible faults when that TT Toyboy insulted me.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB
Standard User adywan
(learned) Sat 27-Nov-10 22:08:59
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

well for one TT don't block hotfile or any of the other file hosting sites. I use rapidshare and hotfile and i get full speeds all the time. I've only had one disconnection since i joined them over 4 months ago and that was due to a problem at my exchange, which was fixed pretty quick.

The only problem i've had with TT has been that they charged me for connection when it was supposed to be free but that is being refunded so all sorted

I was previously with Entanet, but they became so [censored] with throttling my speed, then dropping it from the full 8MB down to 2mb, because they said my line couldn't handle it, i just had to get out of there but my choices were slim. I was very sceptical about moving to TalkTalk but i'm glad i did. I'm getting 14-15mb download so obviously my line can take the higher speeds.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sat 27-Nov-10 22:19:47
Print Post

[re: adywan] [link to this post]

Don't any of you TT fanboys know how to use a bulletin board and direct your reply to the one you are aiming at?

I'm beginning to regret visiting your lair smile

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adywan
(learned) Sat 27-Nov-10 23:18:28
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Actually i was replying to the OP and had clicked on the reply button to his post not yours. And so i'm a TT fanboy just because i've not slagging them off because i've had a positive experience so far? I'd rather be a TT fanboy that someone like you who uses their personality as a form of contraception.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sat 27-Nov-10 23:25:34
Print Post

[re: adywan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adywan:
Actually i was replying to the OP and had clicked on the reply button to his post not yours.
Liar!
adywan
(learned)
Sat 27-Nov-10 22:08:59

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post] [report this post]

Standard User ETEE
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 28-Nov-10 00:54:52
Print Post

[re: Mythril] [link to this post]

The Tiscali that TT inherited is a pile of poo. Firstly it was an amalgam of ISPs that were not compatible and Tiscali themselves suffered from network starvation. I don't blame you for leaving but TT have a better network than most and eventually they will integrate all Tiscali customers into their system. They just can't migrate a million customers overnight; it will probably take another year especially now Ofcom are breathing down their neck.

ETEE

16448kbps/1017kbps Best Speed 13820kbps cool ThinkBroadband SpeedTester

Worst Speed 211kbps confused shocked TalkTalk LLU ADSL2+
Standard User Mythril
(newbie) Sun 28-Nov-10 01:53:31
Print Post

Re: Talk Talk - NEVER ever again. *DELETED*

[re: Fenris] [link to this post]

Post deleted by Sadoldman
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 28-Nov-10 09:15:26
Print Post

As a TalkTalk customer i have always been aware that if i bang P2P and newsgroups i will more than likely attract extra traffic shaping , especially during the peak times you have described .

With out being able to see your line stats while your where with TalkTalk its difficult to comment on instability , are you now on a ADSL2+ product with your new provider ? It could be that your line has rein noise that the tighter bit loading of ADSL2+ did not like but standard ADSL can cope with .

Its very difficult to comment on a rant with out evidence as there are other reasons for the slow through put that might be down to your lines condition rather than TalkTalk traffic shaping and if not already obvious there is no reason for instability apart from a fault with your line or equipment or exchange equipment .

But as with so many of these rants i guess we will never know as you don't have the information to back up your claims .
Standard User baby_frogmella
(member) Sun 28-Nov-10 12:07:57
Print Post

Were you on talktalk ipstream or LLU? If the latter, then i'm 99% sure the problems would have been at your end as their LLU service is pretty much faultless. However if you were on their ipstream product then it may have been possible that their network and/or your exchange was severely congested at the time, though frequent disconnections more often than not mean excessive noise on the line so that bit would have probably been a fault at your end. As for their LLU offering, yes they traffic shape but only P2P and even then thats only on an exchange by exchange basis, rest of the protocols run at full speed at all times smile

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ connected @ 16000+ / 1000+ kbps
Attenuation 29db down / 9db up
Noise Margin 3 db down / 12db up