User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Fenris
(experienced) Sun 28-Nov-10 19:22:43
Print Post

Re: Talk Talk - NEVER ever again.

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

There is no secret to downloading fast on talktalk, it depends how busy [and how far away you are of course] your local exchange is really. I don't think mine has many people hammering their connections because I get consistent speeds all the time, even on non-essential protocols like p2p.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/9400/utorrents.png

TalkTalk

Edited by Fenris (Sun 28-Nov-10 19:26:56)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 29-Nov-10 09:29:02
Print Post

[re: Mythril] [link to this post]

Tiscali was always a pile it high and sell it cheap product, just it was so cheap people did not complain too much, or were not aware broadband was meant to be better.

Tiscali used to attract regulatory eyes now and then, but the re-organisation which has meant a lot of changes for customers, has probably brought things to the fore. I'd bet a fair few were upset with the lose of retention deals

TalkTalk can be very bad if you don't use their support forums, but so long as you are sensible and can find people to help you discover the technical info things are normally resolved.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 29-Nov-10 12:29:01
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Tiscali was always a pile it high and sell it cheap product, just it was so cheap people did not complain too much, or were not aware broadband was meant to be better.

Tiscali used to attract regulatory eyes now and then, but the re-organisation which has meant a lot of changes for customers, has probably brought things to the fore. I'd bet a fair few were upset with the lose of retention deals

Talk Talk is also a pile it high, sell it cheap service, so what is the difference? they are made for each other, Rubbish goes to rubbish and you can include AOl in that as well.

TalkTalk can be very bad if you don't use their support forums, but so long as you are sensible and can find people to help you discover the technical info things are normally resolved.

No flipping good if you got no internet at all.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 29-Nov-10 12:30:22
Print Post

Don't blame you, never been with them, but seen how bad their service is, had experience with their customer service and experience with their sales.

I would not touch Talk Talk with a barge pole, I would rather go with out the internet

Adrian

Standard User SimonCandest
(knowledge is power) Mon 29-Nov-10 17:29:35
Print Post

[re: Fenris] [link to this post]

I agree. It is easy to get torrents to download fast. Only today I had a legal torrent downloading at around 1.4MB/s so there are ways to do it.

The support forums are good, and so far my connection has been rock solid and fast.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Flying on TalkTalk

My Broadband Speed Test

Gib mir die Hand, ich bau dir ein Schloss aus Sand
Irgendwie, irgendwo, irgendwann.
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Mon 29-Nov-10 18:09:06
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
Don't blame you, never been with them, but seen how bad their service is, had experience with their customer service and experience with their sales.

You read forums and think all customers are suffering the same problems, how many times have i said people dont use forums to praise an ISP they use them to let off steam or ask for help or both, if TT (with over 4 million customers) was as bad as you make out there would be hundreds of pages of new threads every day and as you well know there isn't.

I have been a TT customer over 12 months and have had no trouble at all, am I just lucky or am I one of the millions who have no reason to complain in the forums?

I would not touch Talk Talk with a barge pole, I would rather go with out the internet

You really are not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 01-Dec-10 12:27:14
Print Post

OMG it Dayjarvoo for the umpteenth time . starting to wear thin and how many more posts is your treatment in a TalkTalk shop worth ?

When ever there is something negative on this forum your always here with your barge poll , why don't you stick that barge poll ( must stop here before i get i trouble )

Edited by woweebert (Wed 01-Dec-10 12:31:21)

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 02-Dec-10 22:19:19
Print Post

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jack_Hackett:
You read forums and think all customers are suffering the same problems, how many times have i said people dont use forums to praise an ISP they use them to let off steam or ask for help or both, if TT (with over 4 million customers) was as bad as you make out there would be hundreds of pages of new threads every day and as you well know there isn't.

I have been a TT customer over 12 months and have had no trouble at all, am I just lucky or am I one of the millions who have no reason to complain in the forums?

Good for you, i hope you have many years of trouble free service, because if it goes wrong, you will know about it.
don't forget I have also head experience of the company and how they work, what they do and how they don't work..

Why, just because I would rather go without the net than got with Talk Talk? thankfully there is now more choice around here, but if the service I am on now was not available, then I would have stayed with a BT based service. Saying that I could go for Sky now, but I would never ever go with Talk Talk or anything to do with the company or Carphone warehouse.

Adrian

Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Fri 03-Dec-10 17:26:48
Print Post

Why, just because I would rather go without the net than got with Talk Talk?

Yep. crazy
Standard User unclealister
(newbie) Fri 03-Dec-10 18:44:15
Print Post

I have had TalkTalk since 18th November but have now cancelled within the 30 day period. My reasons for cancelling are as follows:

1. Foreign call centres. Cannot understand the agents. Poor line quality.
2. Got charged a connection charge but when I signed up they said there would be no connection charge.
3. Got charged for an 0844 call I didn't make.
4. Long waiting times to get through to foreign call centres.
5. Slow download and upload speeds.

Altogether a nightmare. I cannot recommend TalkTalk.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to