User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User garymartin7
(newbie) Sun 23-Jan-11 18:45:14
Print Post

Talk Talk Experience

[link to this post]

I've been a customer for 2 months now, thought I would share some feedback on my experience. Previously I'd been with some good services like the early Freedom2Surf, Zen and Newnet and also some poor services like o2 (not the LLU service). A friend moved to TalkTalk first and he had a reasonably positive experience. I was initially put off by the 18 month contract, but there are no other LLU services where I live so I only had one way to get over 8 Meg and that was TalkTalk.

My advice for anyone considering signing up with the service is that once you are connected immediately register on the member forums. I haven't tried to call the helpdesk, so I don't have any experience of how good or bad they are however I wanted interleaving removed from my line for gaming and the request was answered and the change made within 24 hours after submitting my request to the forum. I thought that was pretty good and didn't incur the admin change that Newnets change did. Don't get me wrong, the Newnet service was good, but they didn't offer anything over 8 meg in my area.

Speeds on the connection are consistently fast. I am syncing at about 16 Meg (bits) and any transfers are always at 1MB/s (bytes) or more. Gaming is a dream, used to have issues hosting in Call Of Duty groundwar gametypes, but now there is never a problem with the 1MB upload capacity.

So, I know that there are some haters out there, I am not a network novice (CCNP). Read this and take it as an opinion, I'm happy with the connection.

I did have a minor billing issue (signed up with free connection but was charged in the first bill). That issue was resolved shortly after raising on the member forum.

Gary
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Sun 23-Jan-11 19:28:53
Print Post

Re: Talk Talk Experience

[re: garymartin7] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by garymartin7:
My advice for anyone considering signing up with the service is that once you are connected immediately register on the member forums. I haven't tried to call the helpdesk, so I don't have any experience of how good or bad they are however I wanted interleaving removed from my line for gaming and the request was answered and the change made within 24 hours after submitting my request to the forum.

Gary

Nice to see some positive feedback and i agree signing up for the forum was one of the first things I did as I already knew about phone supports shortcomings, also if its not an emergency and you can access the forum it will probably get you faster results than phone support.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(member) Sun 23-Jan-11 19:52:52
Print Post

In reply to a post by garymartin7:
ISo, I know that there are some haters out there,

Haters?! Nah mate, some trolls absolutely despise talktalk no matter how good their actual LLU broadband service is. Anyway like yourself, i'm also impressed with the speeds i get from talktalk LLU...best thing i ever did leaving BT ipstream.

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ connected @ 16639 / 1019 kbps
Attenuation 27db down / 9db up
Noise Margin 3.3 db down / 12.8db up
Powered by Billion BiPAC 7800N

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 23-Jan-11 23:10:22
Print Post

Welcome to the club , you just found the best value for money broadband in the UK , it is budget broadband and not with out its faults but if you can see past there telephone support there really is not allot else wrong with TalkTalk LLU product , that's unless you like using P2P or use over 100gig a month .

Vivaciti MurphX LLU
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 24-Jan-11 11:53:45
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

don't believe any of it, talktalk is rubbish service. where is your speedtest result to proof it ?

post your speedtest at am, pm and overnight your full 16meg speed.

Edited by adslmax (Mon 24-Jan-11 11:54:23)

Standard User 4M2
(member) Mon 24-Jan-11 12:30:18
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

adslmax,

Could be "the luck of the draw."

Three of my relatives use TT BB, two have had no problems and found the service to be very good and the third has had big problems and found the service to be very unsatisfactory.

If the TT internet connection is down, for what ever reason, then it can be very difficult to access the forums if one doesn't have a convenient, alternative internet connection. Phone support may or may not be good - "luck of the draw" again.

On the basis of a 66% success rate, among my relatives, think I would personally not use TT broadband.

Other ISP's are also not perfect but a least, for example, Plusnet will provide a free phone dialup number that one can use with a dialup modem to access the net even when an intermittent line fault ticket is raised.

Edited by 4M2 (Mon 24-Jan-11 12:50:54)

Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 24-Jan-11 15:26:28
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

I had placed an order today and have to try talktalk plus for 30 days trial to see if it was any good service, I will use talktalk forum member.

I had to find out myself!

Edited by adslmax (Mon 24-Jan-11 15:27:01)

Standard User 4M2
(member) Mon 24-Jan-11 15:39:23
Print Post

Best of luck, hope TT LLU works out OK for you.

One thing about the 30 day trial that concerns me is the possible hassle of getting the phone line retuned to BT should TT not meet your expectations...

Still no joy with Opel/CPW/Xilo/Uno LLU then?
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 24-Jan-11 16:51:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by adslmax:
don't believe any of it, talktalk is rubbish service. where is your speedtest result to proof it ?

I will not entertain TalkTalk troll with any request for any thing . Every thing you have asked for has been supplied repeatedly for many troll before you decided to come and troll this forum .

Vivaciti MurphX LLU
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Mon 24-Jan-11 19:13:56
Print Post

In reply to a post by adslmax:

Here is mine just taken as 19:12 - http://www.speedtest.net/result/1125890843.png

I used to get 6 Mb/s max with my old ISP.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to