User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User cdldt
(newbie) Sun 06-Feb-11 09:14:21
Print Post

Deleting Tiscali web space

[link to this post]

I moved away from Tiscali several years ago, but recently I noticed that my old web space is still active and I want to get this deleted.

Unfortunately it would appear that I am asking for the impossible. I can no longer connect to the Tiscali FTP server, since I'm now with Plusnet. If I try to make a dialup connection to Tiscali, it fails to negotiate. If I try and email TalkTalk customer support, the web site asks for my customer code which I do not have. I can't log into the forum because I can't log into my account. If I try to go into My Account, it gives me a page informing me that currently I can't do anything on the website because they're improving it, and these improvements "are" supposed to be completed by January. I suppose this is kind of mess you end up with when companies keep changing hands.

Is there any way to get my web space deleted?
Standard User CJT
(committed) Sun 06-Feb-11 17:15:29
Print Post

Re: Deleting Tiscali web space

[re: cdldt] [link to this post]

Hello cdldt,

I would suggest contact TT/Tiscali Here

Looks to be the best option,

CJT.

tongue

ON BT Total Broadband .

My Broadband Speed Test

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/986285088.png[/IMG]
Standard User cdldt
(newbie) Sat 26-Feb-11 12:32:51
Print Post

[re: CJT] [link to this post]

Thanks.

You would think that would be the best option (if dealing with Vispa or Plusnet who have been great since I left Tiscali), but evidently it is asking too much of TalkTalk to action this simple request.

Edited by cdldt (Sat 26-Feb-11 12:33:25)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User cdldt
(newbie) Fri 03-Feb-12 10:05:37
Print Post

Well TalkTalk "support" were completely useless. They claim that due to Data Protection they need to verify my details (fair enough, although seems moot for an ex-customer) before they will delete the web space.

However, having providing them with the full address, telephone number, name and account number for the Tiscali account, they turn around and say that the details are incorrect. Every response is clearly from a standard template, and not helpful at all. It's now at the point of going around in circles. I have the correct details, and they have incorrect details (or simply, no details at all) and won't even say what is wrong.

I'm so glad I'm with Plusnet now. Tiscali were useless as an ISP, useless at billing, and it appears that TalkTalk are trying to maintain that operation.

Take note, this thread was started in February 2011, not 2012.

Edited by cdldt (Fri 03-Feb-12 10:06:25)

Standard User lawnexpert
(newbie) Fri 03-Feb-12 10:50:19
Print Post

I had this problem with OneTel some years ago. If you have any personal information on your old website, such as your name and address, then you can use the Data Protection Act to demand deletion on the grounds that it is their duty to keep data up to date, and only make it available with your permission. You will need to write to the Data Controller at their head office, quoting all the relevent details about your account. Threaten complaining to the Data Commissioner if they do not respond within X amount of time. Worked with me, but took them about a week to actually delete the site.
Standard User cdldt
(newbie) Fri 03-Feb-12 11:15:35
Print Post

[re: lawnexpert] [link to this post]

Thanks, I wondered whether there was any legislation I could use to force this through.

Their final suggestion was to talk to India at 10p/min for god knows how long, to be told they can't do anything, which I am not willing to do.
Standard User cdldt
(newbie) Wed 08-Aug-12 18:50:14
Print Post

Still not resolved. I can only assume that the "support" personnel don't read what is being said to them. This really should be so simple.

They've now closed down their old Tiscali forums, and you have to register on the new TalkTalk member forums, but it doesn't accept Tiscali account numbers, just like the rest of their useless website.

Edited by cdldt (Wed 08-Aug-12 19:09:04)

Standard User CJT
(committed) Wed 05-Sep-12 23:58:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by cdldt:
Still not resolved. I can only assume that the "support" personnel don't read what is being said to them. This really should be so simple.

They've now closed down their old Tiscali forums, and you have to register on the new TalkTalk member forums, but it doesn't accept Tiscali account numbers, just like the rest of their useless website.

In a last attempt you could either call: 020 3441 5550 (which is a geographic rate number) and have an argument with TalkTalk's call centre, or send a formal complaint via letter or via e-mail (I will PM you the address to e-mail the CEO)

The address for complaints:

Customer relations department
TalkTalk Group
P.O. Box 360
Southampton
SO30 2NP

Good Luck

CJT.

tongue

ON BT Total Broadband .

My Broadband Speed Test

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/986285088.png[/IMG]
Standard User sotonplus
(newbie) Thu 06-Sep-12 00:49:48
Print Post

If you ever find out how to do it let me know - am in same position! My only suggestion is to find someone who is with them and ask them to let you use their connection to login - I managed that and put a redirect on my homepage, better than nothing!
Standard User CBA1
(newbie) Sun 27-Jan-13 16:56:26
Print Post

[re: sotonplus] [link to this post]

Hi,

I have the same issue. I created a website whilst a screaming.net/Tiscali customer.

When Talk Talk took over around May 2009 the broadband service gradually went downhill and I requested a MAC code to transfer to another ISP (Plusnet), the request was made on 22/11/2009 (I still have the email). I think they transferred Tiscali customers to Talk Talk in Dec 09.

I did not think to delete the website at the time as I thought it would automatically be deleted, it is still there and i can't access it to change or delete anything.

Despite numerous phone calls, letters and emails over the past 12 months or so I have still not resolved this.

I have given Talk Talk all my old account info. but they say they have no record of me being a customer so I must have left Tiscali before they took over, therefore due to data protection they cannot delete the site!

I have contacted the Information Commissioners Office about this and they said I should make a Section 10 request to have all personal information removed from the site and to also ask for the contact details of the webmaster of the site (which they won't have, as it is me!) so I can ask the webmaster to remove my information. To comply with Data Protection Talk Talk should have records of who owns site they are hosting.

I have done this in writing and received a letter saying they would call me back within 5 days, that was 15 days ago, still no call. I rang and they have no record of the reference number I was given for this 'incident'!

I am not giving up on this and am about to post this on their forum site, and if necessary will go through the courts for a court order.

If there are others out there still with this issue, could we not get together and tackle them about this? we may be heard if we do it together!

Any advice or thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to