User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User paigedog
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 03-Mar-11 23:09:44
Print Post

What happened?

[link to this post]

I've been pretty busy of late but have always counted on my Nildram connection at home. It was rock solid and never failed me. A while ago I started getting emails from some company beginning with an 'O' (the rest I don't remember) but assumed they were spam. Now I realise they took over Nildram.

Now I find that having been with a premium ISP for many years, I am now hooked up to some cheap junk service which I wouldn't normally touch with a bargepole. The connection has gone from excellent to appalling with evening surfing being almost impossible some nights.

Not only that but they seem to think it's fine to send me 300 emails a day telling me how wonderful they are.

Pah. I spose it'll be a nightmare when I come to change as well.

Steve
Nildram 464 / 231. Totally sweet.
Standard User Allan1
(regular) Fri 04-Mar-11 19:11:33
Print Post

Re: What happened?

[re: paigedog] [link to this post]

Take a look at the Freedom-2-Surf forum to view the lamentings of fellow souls in torment frown

Al
Standard User paigedog
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 08-Mar-11 22:23:13
Print Post

[re: Allan1] [link to this post]

We've just had BT broadband installed on the other pair coming into our property and that seems to be rocking away all night at 1.8 no probs at all. This connection on the other hand is OK during the day but dies at night, every night. A sure sign of corner cutting. No more iPlayer which used to work fine. No more anything really.

Maybe it's all the spam Talktalk are sending me which is slowing things down?

Still, at least now we have a back up, we can change it to a proper service which actually works.

Steve

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Allan1
(regular) Tue 08-Mar-11 23:54:02
Print Post

[re: paigedog] [link to this post]

Glad to hear you're sorted. I've just signed up for Xilo/Uno - hopefully that'll improve things for me. At least they answer my questions and their account management pages seem streets ahead of OPal/TalkTalk.(i.e. They work!)

Al
  Print Thread

Jump to