User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User davy999
(regular) Wed 09-Mar-11 00:20:17
Print Post

Talk talk, what a joke

[link to this post]

I reported that my line kept dropping, my speed was down from 6.5mb down to less than 0.2mb on the 30th January.
Talk talk arranged for bt to visit, after 3 engineers visited they deemed that the line from my property to the connection underground was failing and needed replacing, and since then my phone line no longer works at all, although I can still get online with ridiculously slow speeds.
As I live in a rented accommodation owned by the local housing association bt needed the permission from them before they could dig a six feet trench in the garden next to the house. I called the ass.n and they said they would send approval as soon as they receive the request from BT.
That was five weeks ago, since then I get regular calls from TT to update me, update I say in the loosest of terms. They tell me that they are waiting for bt to complete the work, but they cannot tell me if bt have even requested for approval to dig, so each phone call is the same.
I am no further forward than I was five weeks ago and have been getting more and more frustrated by the lack of progress.
Then yesterday I get the latest "update" and the rep says to me, we just want to check all is ok now so that we can remove your problem from our system ( or words to that effect ).
It is not ok!!!!! They still have done no work at all and no-one can tell me what the heck is going on.
I have asked if they can get bt to send the authorisation letter request to me and I will take it to the landlord and get them to approve it whilst i wait, but as always when you speak to people to whom English is their second language I cannot get them to understand what i am asking.
I can only listen to " I understand your frustration" so many times before I feel like telling them what I really think.
Then the TT rep says.. Well why not call BT Openreach yourself, find the number in the phone book.
Do they not understand, if your ISP is not BT then you cannot contact them directly you have to do it through your ISP.
I have just about had enough of TT and there complete lack of effort in getting my line fixed, I have poor mobile reception at home so most of the time I cannot be contacted nor can I contact others when I am home.

Does anyone know what the legal position is regarding this, I have been paying TT for the last 5 weeks for a service that is non-existent, do I have any rights to cancel the contract I have with them and then transfer to bt, at least then there is more chance that I can speak someone that might actually get off their backside and do something to fix my damn phone line and Internet?
Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 09-Mar-11 00:42:17
Print Post

Re: Talk talk, what a joke

[re: davy999] [link to this post]

If was me i would of told the engineer to get it dug up and fixed ,no faffing around asking for landlords permission, but that's me, have you by any chance tried using their members forum, i know that this maybe somewhat difficult using your connection, but if you are already registered,then maybe you could use a friends bb connection to contact them via the forum,
I'm suggesting this a many tt customers here have reported more success in resolving problems by using the forums than telephone support that everyone knows is dire and avoid where at all possible using
Failing that i would say yes you should be able to cancel without paying any of the remaining minimum contract term, on the basis that they are unable to supply a service to you, if you don't have a working telephone and adsl service,(assuming you are fully llu)
But canceling tt can be problematic, even after you are no longer a customer, they like to chase debt's that people don't actually owe them

Standard User davy999
(regular) Wed 09-Mar-11 00:56:36
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Hi tommy

As I was with aol, then tiscali, and now TT I cannot log in to the members forum so I am getting shafted every way up. And the bt engineer could not do it without authorisation I did ask and almost begged. And yes I am on Llu.

Dave

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 09-Mar-11 05:07:39
Print Post

Not too many options, how did the bt engineer know that you where not the owner of your home? what a pain in the neck for you it must be, all i can suggest is writing a formal letter to their C.E.O explaining the problems, & and that the support are not able to understand you properly and therefore are unable to progress this further without intervention by someone who is senior enough to forefill your request to instruct bt to contact your landlord,as they will not deal with you, because talk talk/opal are in fact bt openreaches customer ,
And explain that should they fail to respond to the letter within 30 days of receiving it, & or fail to get this progressed with bt, you will wish to leave without paying the remainder of the contract, as they have failed to get it sorted as they should have, and don't forget to demand that they re pay the money that they took for a service they are unable to provide to you,

Standard User davy999
(regular) Wed 09-Mar-11 21:13:13
Print Post

Re: Talk talk, what a joke - even more laughable

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Today I have had 2 calls from TalkTalk!

Call 1
TT - Hello Mr jones, we understand you have a problem with intermittent connection and no phone.
Me. Yes that is correct
TT - If the phone is not working then that is probably why your broadband is not working.
Me - Yes, I fully understand that.
TT- Have you tried the test socket, how many phones are connected etc...
Me - Yes tested one month ago and BT engineer said line was in need of replacement, and that is what I have been asking TT to progress for a month now.
TT - Ok, I will call you tomorrow evening - Thank you for using TalkTalk

Well, that was useful wasnt it?

Call 2
TT - I understand you have a problem with your phone line
Me - Yes, as I told your colleague earlier, and as I told your company a month ago.
TT - How many phones are connected and are you plugged in the master socket
Me - 1 phone, in master socket
TT - our tests show the line is fine
Me - really? well try to call me on the phone, nothing rings and I have no dial tone.
TT - To request an engineer will cost you money if they find nothing wrong
Me- 3 engineers called on the 4th Feb and they concluded that the line into my property needed replacing and TT have been telling me they are progressing this, that it is to level 2 support and that you are doing your upmost to solve this urgently and that I should have patience, well my patience is wearing thin. Why am I being asked these sorts of questions when TT have been told on numerous occasions that BT need to replace the line, and why do your colleagues suggest I call BT myself? If they had a clue what they were talking about they would know that TT are the customer to whom BT will respond to not me. I want TT to call BT immediately to find out exactly what is going on, where the delay is and then we can try to sort this mess out. I suggest only when you have contacted BT and got an answer do you bother me with this useless phone calls that do nothing to resolve the problem.
TT - ok, I will call you tomorrow (hangs up, no "thanks for using talktalk" or anything)

Well, this is a joke and as I was transferred to TT when Tiscali was bought by them I am not able to register on their forum to ask the helpers there for assistance, talk about feeling like a second class citizen!!
Standard User vodca_ice123
(newbie) Thu 10-Mar-11 05:12:59
Print Post

Re: Talk talk, what a joke - even more laughable *DELETED*

Post deleted by vodca_ice123
Standard User baby_frogmella
(member) Thu 10-Mar-11 07:51:43
Print Post

davy999,
Like yourself i wasn't able to register on the TalkTalk forums, however i filled out this form explaining the issue and access was given:
https://help.talktalk.co.uk/app/ask

If you still don't get anywhere, i can post your problem on the TT forums on your behalf and believe me, they WILL resolve this for you as they are really AAISP staff disguised as TalkTalk OCE's smile Just telling porkies of course, but seriously the TalkTalk online staff are very technically minded and and they won't treat you with kid gloves. They will also have EVERY record of your calls to talktalk so will know what the issue is with your line straightaway smile

TalkTalk LLU rocks smile
IDNET Ipstream sucks frown

Edited by baby_frogmella (Thu 10-Mar-11 07:55:08)

(newbie) Thu 10-Mar-11 07:55:04
Print Post

[re: vodca_ice123] [link to this post]

im having same prob as you but since jan 16 first stop your direct debit went through all the rigmorale like yourself so a week later got no were with them so i rang Ofcom told them what im experencing the gentleman was really nice he told me to stop my direct debit then he sent TT an email with everything i told him this was at 3-15 3-25 got a phone call from TT it was the cheif execative in the CEO DEPTMENT asked why i got intouch with them told her it should be all infront of her if they would have sorted the phone and broadband out i wouldn't have had to ring ofcom but seeing it was not getting sorted i would get some one high up to sort it out with you then the next step will be the onbusman to get a big refund of you they are frightened of ofcom she got intouch with bt open reach but you dont get intouch with open reach yourself as you will have to pay £99.99 i must admit she as pulled her fingers out got up of her bum an trying her best to get it sorted ive had 6 engineers out now the first was a cube engeneer from there dept he came to check there were nothing in the house causing the problem i was told if there was i would have to pay £29.99 wich he found nothing so he reported back it was ok nothing in the house causing it openreach have put me another new box that didnt need one that is there policy sent report still not working so along comes another never did a thing but scrached his head told me they would send another out to go up my telegraph pole look there but he would have to get a cherokee pick up he wasent allowed so all this is still going on along comes the cherokee about a week back put me a brand new line and another new box that told me that could be faulty not been more than a month still no phone or BB this is the biggest joke ive had 2 bills in the post of TT for line rental plus one wait for it for the cube engeneer going back to january he came out on the 19 of jan 3 days after i reported it the biggest laugh when i first told them about me not having any phone working or BB they are that stupid told me they would send me an email asking me how they had done that is the mentatality how the hech could i acknowledge them without Broadband i ask you i was told from ofcom to ignore any bills from them i went and bought a dongle till it gets sorted i cant wait till the final crunch comes thats when the sparks will fly he told me to charge it to them when it gets sorted and all the top ups ive inaccured
ive laughed my head of the bill now amount is for £60.61ve ignored it as ofcom told me to when it gets sorted i can send all the bills to them i get i have to put a full refund for all theis inconvenience and it gose to the onbusman he decide what they must pay to me not what they TT want to offer me i get phone calls on my mobile as they have had to divert them so they can keep intouch also ofcom told me to keep a check on my top ups on that if i have to make any phone calls then they will pay for them so if i was you i would RING OFCOM they have just fined TT 1.3 million pounds in november last yr then december fined them again for another 139 million told them if they dont clean there act up they will take 10% of there turnover i read about this in the gurdian the other night they getting nothing of me i wish they would take me to court i will make some bad publcity for them but well ever ive got ofcom and onbusman behind me they darent put a foot wrong the phone can stay of as long as they get both sorted im on my dongle i know im going to beat them if i hadn't have got intouch with ofcom they wouldn't have done nothing im sick of seen bt openreach but the longer it gose on the more i will get back of them my advice to you is do what i have i can give you the number if you want it dont talk to to the organ grinders you wont get any were this as happened twice to me last november it was of a month same thing but this is the final straw ive had one month of it working and its still not sorted now im into my third month its no joke i will get the last lauagh now on them you take my advice and do it serves TT right if every one got onto them its the only way to put them out of buisness i will keep you posted
re davy999
re davy999 technical support are ok if you can get the right person i have spoke to god knows how many thats why i took it futher was getting no were with them

Edited by vodca_ice123 (Thu 10-Mar-11 08:33:24)

(newbie) Thu 10-Mar-11 08:18:04
Print Post

Re: Talk talk, what a joke *DELETED*

Post deleted by vodca_ice123
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Mar-11 17:47:02
Print Post

[re: vodca_ice123] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by vodca_ice123: