User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User aj2703
(experienced) Wed 23-Mar-11 07:49:44
Print Post

Talk Talk now taking direct debits even earlier...

[link to this post]

I am rapidly becoming ticked off with talk talk, although the service has been good. Good speeds with a good connection their customer service is a shambles. They have now decided that they need our money earlier and have from what i can see moved everyones direct debit dates forward by 7 days. There is outrage on their forums and i for one have been affected. I deliberatley asked for my dd date to be at the end of the month so i could make sure i had plenty of time from notification through my bill to ensure money will be there. It seems they have changed the goal posts for their own benefit and to the detriment of their customers.

Before anyone says it i realise they can do this as it's within their T & C's but still i don't see what could have happened for them to warrant this change except greed.

Edited by aj2703 (Wed 23-Mar-11 08:07:15)

Standard User Blognorton
(newbie) Wed 23-Mar-11 08:58:14
Print Post

Re: Talk Talk now taking direct debits even earlier...

[re: aj2703] [link to this post]

It is called cashflow maximisation.

I am winding up an estate for a relative who died; they tell me that it will take 10 weeks to refund the £5.19 credit left on the account. This is of course why I personally would never touch this bunch of shysters wtth a barge pole.
Standard User aj2703
(experienced) Wed 23-Mar-11 09:11:37
Print Post

[re: Blognorton] [link to this post]

I am begining to understand where you are coming from. Up until now though i do have to admit the service has been good. No disconnects and a connection of 20meg. But doing things like this for no reason except greed leaves alot to be desired.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User baby_frogmella
(member) Wed 23-Mar-11 12:22:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by aj2703:
I am begining to understand where you are coming from. Up until now though i do have to admit the service has been good. No disconnects and a connection of 20meg. But doing things like this for no reason except greed leaves alot to be desired.

I don't see what the issue is here. All this means is that just for March your DD will be taken out 7 days earlier; in subsequent months your payment date will remain the same. Its not as if talktalk will be shifting the payment date 7 days earlier every month. Also they did inform users by email in February of this change so plenty of notice was given to help wth budgeting.

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ connected @ 17515/1019 kbps
Attenuation 27db down / 9db up
Noise Margin 3.3 db down / 12db up
Powered by Billion BiPAC 7800N
Standard User aj2703
(experienced) Wed 23-Mar-11 12:24:42
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Is it just this month..? Why would they just do it this month then shift it back.? Does not make sense at all. No-one has mentioned in the forums that i have seen.
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 23-Mar-11 13:32:24
Print Post

You where warned about there customer services , there are no surprises there and as you say they are operating with in the terms of the direct debit .

So you can sound off but nothing will change as TalkTalk have done nothing wrong , not likely to see this on watchdog .

Vivaciti MurphX LLU
Standard User baby_frogmella
(member) Wed 23-Mar-11 14:05:20
Print Post

In reply to a post by aj2703:
Is it just this month..? Why would they just do it this month then shift it back.? Does not make sense at all. No-one has mentioned in the forums that i have seen.

You misunderstood me. I meant that for the month of March, your DD will be taken around 23 days from the last DD; hardly a major problem to get your knickers in a twist over. However your April and subsequent months DD will be 30 days from your March DD date. I was sent an email In February informing me of these changes.

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ connected @ 17515/1019 kbps
Attenuation 27db down / 9db up
Noise Margin 3.3 db down / 12db up