User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User aj2703
(experienced) Fri 01-Apr-11 16:06:02
Print Post

Price Increase

[link to this post]

Talk Talk have announced a price increase.

Someone on their forums has said that becaue of this you can leave your current contract under clause 15.1 here https://sales.talktalk.co.uk/pricing/info/pricing-no... and also clause 10.4.

Not knowing how this stuff works. Could someone advise if this is true.?.
Standard User Futaura
(committed) Fri 01-Apr-11 16:46:04
Print Post

Re: Price Increase

[re: aj2703] [link to this post]

My impression from the terms and conditions is that you cannot leave your current contract without penalty. If there is a change in the terms/conditions you can, but price changes are not covered by the terms/conditions. Interestingly, there is a clause for mobile plans where it explicitly says you can leave if there is a price increase, but nowhere that I can see for phone/broadband. I may be wrong, but the T&C's are not that clear on the matter. And, besides, even if it was possible, I imagine it may turn into a nightmare trying to leave without penalty if their normal customer services standards are obeyed wink.

Seems a bit silly to move for this reason - for ages now, TalkTalk have always copied BT's line rental and call charge increases (usually around 1 month after BT increase their prices), and that is all these latest changes are. So, if you are planning to avoid BT and TalkTalk, your choices are pretty restricted.
Standard User aj2703
(experienced) Fri 01-Apr-11 16:55:05
Print Post

[re: Futaura] [link to this post]

Hi.

TBH when i move i won't be needing another phone company for a couple of years at least. Going back to the parents for a bit who are on virgin. Would just like to leave if i can without penalty. I don't mind having to pay cancelation charges if i have to, but would be nice if i didn't. smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 01-Apr-11 16:55:26
Print Post

In reply to a post by Futaura:
My impression from the terms and conditions is that you cannot leave your current contract without penalty. If there is a change in the terms/conditions you can, but price changes are not covered by the terms/conditions. Interestingly, there is a clause for mobile plans where it explicitly says you can leave if there is a price increase, but nowhere that I can see for phone/broadband. I may be wrong, but the T&C's are not that clear on the matter. And, besides, even if it was possible, I imagine it may turn into a nightmare trying to leave without penalty if their normal customer services standards are obeyed wink.

Seems a bit silly to move for this reason - for ages now, TalkTalk have always copied BT's line rental and call charge increases (usually around 1 month after BT increase their prices), and that is all these latest changes are. So, if you are planning to avoid BT and TalkTalk, your choices are pretty restricted.

There is more than Talk Talk and Bt out there you know thank goodness.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Fri 01-Apr-11 17:23:48
Print Post

[re: aj2703] [link to this post]

To the extent any change we may make to these terms and conditions is to your material detriment or relates to an increase in the charges: (i) we will give you at least thirty (30) days notice by writing to you and/or publishing the change on our Website or providing details of it on our Customer Services telephone line by way of a recorded message; (ii) the change will not take effect until the end of the thirty (30) day notice period; (iii) you may end your contract with us by giving us not less than ten (10) days notice in writing within ten (10) days of our notification to you of the relevant change.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB
Standard User aj2703
(experienced) Fri 01-Apr-11 17:40:42
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

So it lookslike i can then XRaySpeX. Thankyou for highlighting the revelent part.
Standard User Futaura
(committed) Fri 01-Apr-11 19:22:29
Print Post

That's only for the Tiscali terms and conditions though. If you look at http://www.talktalk.co.uk/legal/terms/ there is a subtle difference to that paragraph (15.1) in that it completely omits the part about increases in charges.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Fri 01-Apr-11 19:39:54
Print Post

confused Funny, your link redirects me to the one I posted, even if I copy it str8 to my browser. And I got to that by following TT's Small Print to their T&Cs.

Isn't there some confusion about TT being the legal entity Tiscali (or v.v.)? e.g.
© Tiscali UK Limited trading as TalkTalk
Registered in England & Wales No. 3408171
11 Evesham Street, London W11 4AR
FYI: My $15.1 just reads:
15.1 We can close your account if you have not used it for 12 months or longer.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB

Edited by XRaySpeX (Fri 01-Apr-11 19:45:20)

Standard User Futaura
(committed) Fri 01-Apr-11 21:43:59
Print Post

Are you an ex-Tiscali customer then? If so, you can probably leave without penalty as XRaySpeX says and probably explains why the link I posted redirected to the Tiscali terms. Also, the link I should have posted is http://www.talktalk.co.uk/legal/terms/talktalk-produ... - the 15.1 paragraph is very similar to the first paragraph of http://www.talktalk.co.uk/legal/tiscali-product/terms/ minus the part about price increases.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sat 02-Apr-11 03:10:59
Print Post

Ah! that link is different, but I don't see any link to it.

Ah, I've solved it. I do have a Tiscali dial-up account & email, but I was not logged in. However, it remembered through talktalk cookies. Once I deleted these, your 1st link led me to the page
Help us get you to the right place

As you may have heard TalkTalk Group recently bought Tiscali, in order to get you to the right page we need to know a little more about you.

To help us get you to the right place, please select from the below options.
  • I originally signed up with TalkTalk
  • I originally signed up with Tiscali
  • I am a TV Customer
  • I am not a Customer
The middle 2 lead to the Tiscali T&Cs while the outside 2 lead to the TT T&C's.

It's all done by cookies grin

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to