User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User BroadBanditUK
(newbie) Mon 25-Apr-11 16:37:57
Print Post

More Talk Talk lies!

[link to this post]

Hey Guys, Im new to the forum, found you through google after my shocking experience!

Ive just had a talk talk guy at the door offering me 10meg fibre optic BB in an area where we just CANNOT get it !!

I live in Eastbourne, but am running off the closer and never updated exchange at Pevensey.

He has guaranteed me that this is what Talk Talk have done and that is what they are doing in the area! We deserve more!

Ive just checked on SamKnows and BTWholesale etc to see if this is true, and as I expected another one of TALKTALK's LIES!!
How are they still allowed to be trading?!
I phoned TalkTalk and made a complaint, I have also threatened to call the police and have the lying salesman arrested for making fraudulent claims and trying to entrap customers. There are alot of elderly people in this area, and what hey are doing is bang out of order!!

I think I may even go to the local press ... Im that disgusted!
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Mon 25-Apr-11 16:55:32
Print Post

Re: More Talk Talk lies!

[re: BroadBanditUK] [link to this post]

Pevensey or Pevensey Marina? TT is LLu'd at the former.

Hardly a matter for the fuzz!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB
Standard User tgv
(member) Tue 26-Apr-11 07:48:06
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I am not impressed by TTs sales techniques. They either push their service by phone or by door stepping. What annoys me is that they do not understand the word 'NO'.

Maybe there should be a law against commission pay as that does seem to bring out the worse in salesman.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Thu 28-Apr-11 11:58:57
Print Post

Hi BroadBanditUK,

I certainly wouldnt condone any false claims by the sales people, but have you checked our Fibre availability on the talktalk fibre checker? https://sales.talktalk.co.uk/products/broadband/fibr...

Just a word of caution though if you do try the checker you will receive a sales call shortly after.

Cheers

Ady

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User SimonCandest
(knowledge is power) Sat 30-Apr-11 07:59:48
Print Post

I suspect you might find that the exchange is a recent upgrade? Don't know. I had a TT guy on the doorstep days after I switched advising that TT were now available on LLU in the area. He was a little surprised that I was already using the service...

Perhaps you need to wind down a little before making wild accusations. I know TT are not the greatest company around but I have dealt with worse.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Flying on TalkTalk

My Broadband Speed Test

Gib mir die Hand, ich bau dir ein Schloss aus Sand
Irgendwie, irgendwo, irgendwann.
Standard User wanapoo
(member) Sat 30-Apr-11 09:07:50
Print Post

I can understand your frustration. A couple of year's back BT said they were upgrading my local exchange to WBC, but each year the date slipped and eventually it changed to no plans to upgrade this exchange. Kept getting BT sales calls offering me new packages and discounts but pointless me paying the same amount of money as guys with WBC for a far inferior service. Now it all starts again with fibre to the cabinet, the guys who got WBC also get FTTC which is 2 upgrades, and the others who didnt get WBC wont get FTTC either but have to pay the same price for an inferior product.

My opinion is people on the old equipement in the exchange, should pay a lot less until they have been upgraded. Performance related broadband billing, not one price for all.

Standard User Gene_Genie
(newbie) Sat 30-Apr-11 10:54:40
Print Post

[re: wanapoo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by wanapoo:
Now it all starts again with fibre to the cabinet, the guys who got WBC also get FTTC which is 2 upgrades, and the others who didnt get WBC wont get FTTC either but have to pay the same price for an inferior product.

That's not quite correct, it's perfectly possible for an exchange to get FTTC upgrade with out having previously had 21CN. See here, which is an exchange near me:
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/SSNAH
Standard User wanapoo
(member) Sat 30-Apr-11 11:44:36
Print Post

[re: Gene_Genie] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Gene_Genie:
In reply to a post by wanapoo:
Now it all starts again with fibre to the cabinet, the guys who got WBC also get FTTC which is 2 upgrades, and the others who didnt get WBC wont get FTTC either but have to pay the same price for an inferior product.

That's not quite correct, it's perfectly possible for an exchange to get FTTC upgrade with out having previously had 21CN. See here, which is an exchange near me:
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/SSNAH

That exchange only has a date for FTTC, and my experience off all the local exchanges have no plans for WBC or FTTC. as I said before it is the exchanges what already had the original WBC upgrade, that have had the FTTC upgrades first.

My opinion is that if BT havent upgraded the exchanges with WBC or FTTC, then we shouldn't have to pay more then £10 a month for the old upto 8Mb Broadband Services.

Print Thread

Jump to