User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User britishgoose01
(newbie) Wed 27-Apr-11 12:49:09
Print Post

contract information

[link to this post]

We originally signed up for a 12 month contract with TT. Everything is as promised, constant speeds and so on. We have decided to leave after luck with jobs and money. We rang up talk talk to tell them and they said we were in an 18month contract and they had the phonecall recorded. I am well number 1 shocked at how rude and nasty they were whilst they told us this and 2 we didnt agree to the 18month contract. I know talk talk has some very long contracts but we agreed to 12 months only, infact were now in the 13th month now, my thoughts are as we have not cancelled they have put us in an extended 6 months on top of the original 12 months and are saying we are in a 18 month contract. Surely when the contract is up or near an end we should be given notification,seems they have sneakilly taken advantage of the situation and added more time on to the contract. I have read part of the contract but I dont think it is the original contract. They say if we want to now leave we will have to pay at least £70.00 just to get out of the 18 month contract. Is there anyway to check online accounts the information on contract information? I have checked but cant find anything? Any information will be appreciated.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Apr-11 13:26:38
Print Post

Re: contract information

[re: britishgoose01] [link to this post]

I seem to remember that TT's Minimum Term was 18 months originally, like when you joined, and has only reduced to 12 months in the last few months.
In reply to a post by britishgoose01:
They say if we want to now leave we will have to pay at least £70.00 just to get out of the 18 month contract.
However, you should not have to pay £70 to get outta contract. Ofcom reduced these cancellation fees in June 2010 see: Cheaper charges for UK consumers to end phone contracts for your package.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB
Standard User wanapoo
(member) Wed 27-Apr-11 13:32:39
Print Post

I also recall Talk Talk only offering 18 month contracts until January this year when they introduced the 12 month contract.

Couldn't find the story on Thinkbroadband, but it's here on ispreview
ispreview

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-Apr-11 14:39:08
Print Post

Unfortunately , I'm going to have to agree with the other two posts, it was indeed a 18 month contract when you joined TalkTalk .

Vivaciti MurphX LLU
Standard User Gene_Genie
(newbie) Wed 27-Apr-11 22:44:20
Print Post

Exit fees are here:
http://help.talktalk.co.uk/app/answers/detail/a_id/1...

Sometimes you can get out fee free when there are price changes coming through which may be to your "material detriment".wink
https://sales.talktalk.co.uk/pricing/info/pricing-no...

although this was notified with March bills, so you might be too late.frown
ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Thu 28-Apr-11 12:02:59
Print Post

If you want this confirming specifically you could register at www.talktalkmembers.com where we can investigate for you. However, the information posted so far is accurate.

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to