User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User cornishweb
(learned) Tue 03-May-11 21:35:57
Print Post

Moving to talk tlak

[link to this post]

Hi moving to talk talk after sky said i have to wait 7 to 10 days for new router which i think is a joke, can anyone tell if i have done the right thing because on the main page of this site it says TalkTalk most complained about telecom provider in UK

Fast Uk & US servers 24/7 Support
cPanel Hosting
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Tue 03-May-11 21:59:18
Print Post

Re: Moving to talk tlak

[re: cornishweb] [link to this post]

That says it all!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB
Standard User cornishweb
(learned) Tue 03-May-11 22:00:16
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Does that mean there rubbish ?

cPanel Hosting

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User john2007
(legend) Tue 03-May-11 22:18:24
Print Post

TalkTalk are probably fine as long as you are a light user of the internet.
Standard User cornishweb
(learned) Tue 03-May-11 22:21:09
Print Post

[re: john2007] [link to this post]

there package says unlimited and to be honest i do more uploading then downloading

cPanel Hosting
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 03-May-11 22:53:18
Print Post

It's not totally unlimited , as in sky unlimited , TalkTalk use traffic shaping .

Also worth pointing out , most of the complaints were over the acquisition of Tiscali and the mess they made of that but I imagine a fair few where about there shockingly bad telephone support .

Best way of dealing with TalkTalk is through there members forum , which works ok and to date has always managed to get faults fixed and billing errors corrected for my self and many others .

Personally I would stay with sky if you need a proper unlimited connection .

Vivaciti MurphX LLU
Standard User cornishweb
(learned) Tue 03-May-11 22:56:13
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

@woweebert thanks for the reply i don't really need unlimited as i hardly download mostly upload files for web design and stuff nothing really big.

cPanel Hosting
Standard User acpsd775
(member) Tue 03-May-11 22:56:59
Print Post

It is unlimited with this

Talk Talk’s policy towards Fair Usage is that Customers should be able to use the Service in an appropriate manner to meet their needs. A very small number of Customers use an excessive amount of the network bandwidth at peak times, to the extent that it can impair the performance of others. We therefore have a fair usage policy, which is designed to ensure your Service is fast and reliable 24 hours a day. This only involves monitoring the amount Customers download and managing non-time critical traffic on our network, such as Bittorrent or other Peer-to-Peer sharing applications. If Customers usage is continually either excessive, unfair, inappropriate, affects other users enjoyment of our broadband Service, or is not consistent with the usage we would typically expect on the Customers current package, we reserve the right to upgrade customers to a package more suited for their usage or, in extreme cases, suspend or terminate their ability to access Talk Talk broadband. We also manage the use of file sharing applications as these services often involve huge files being uploaded and downloaded, which can cause network problems and for Customers Internet Service to be slower than normal. Currently, TalkTalk Customers have no restrictions on Bittorrent or other file sharing activity between midnight and 3pm. At peak times, however some TalkTalk Customers can still use those services but they may find Bittorrent or file sharing is a little slower as we limit the amount of this traffic to ensure we can maintain a high quality Internet service for all our Customers. However, all TalkTalk Customers have no restrictions on time-critical web traffic such as surfing, gaming, streaming content from applications like BBC iPlayer or using VOIP packages like Skype at any time.

What they dont say if they consider 80 gig to be fair usage my friend uses about 90 gig a month and when he was with them he had 2 letters basically saying keep going over 80 and well cut you off. He switch to sky and never looked back sky/Be are basicly they only true unlimited ADSL isps left without restriction

Ash

-------------------------------------------------------------
Sky Broadband Unlimited
2004: Blueyonder 256k/512k => 2006: Blueyonder 2Meg => 2009 Virgin Media 10Meg => 2009/10 Virgin Media 50Meg => 21/04/2011 sky Unlimited 11167 kbps

My Broadband Speed Test

Desktop 1 Intel Core i5 2500 4gig DDr3 1333 64GB SSD 250gig sata 3 HDD 1TB sata 2 HDD Blu-ray RW Nvidia 8800GTS Win 7 Pro
Desktop 2 Intel Atom 330 2gig DDR2 677 250gig sata 2 HDD DVD-RW Win 7 Pro
Standard User baby_frogmella
(committed) Tue 03-May-11 23:10:44
Print Post

Don't worry mate you'll be fine...don't listen to the doom merchants! TalkTalk's LLU service is actually very good. I've been with them for about 8 months and i get line speeds 24/7 with not a single outage. Sure, their phone support isn't the best but stick to web forum support and you'll get top class support there. They only throttle P2P (and good on 'em!) and all other traffic (voip, web browsing, video streaming, gaming) runs at full speed 24/7smile My pings are 10-15 ms. As for their FUP on the "unlimited" plus package, i believe its 100GB per month. My average usage per month is around 90GB and they haven't said a word to me. Go for it!

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ connected @ 17612/1019 kbps
Attenuation 27db down / 9db up
Noise Margin 3.3 db down / 12db up