User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User aj2703
(experienced) Fri 13-May-11 23:30:56
Print Post

USELESS USELESS COMPANY

[link to this post]

Phoned these muppets earlier in the week to notify them of my intention to cancel both the phone and broadband from the 28th of this month. Yep you guessed the morons cut it off tonight [censored].,, Grrrrrrrr
Standard User SimonCandest
(knowledge is power) Sat 14-May-11 12:31:06
Print Post

Re: USELESS USELESS COMPANY

[re: aj2703] [link to this post]

Why did you cancel? Are you no longer having BB or a phone? Or are you just moving away?

If the latter, then why did you cancel with TT, instead of just migrating away?

Not sure who is the muppet here??? confused

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Flying on TalkTalk

My Broadband Speed Test

Gib mir die Hand, ich bau dir ein Schloss aus Sand
Irgendwie, irgendwo, irgendwann.
Standard User aj2703
(experienced) Sat 14-May-11 12:57:54
Print Post

[re: SimonCandest] [link to this post]

I cancelled because i am moving back to my parents house which has a 100meg virgin connection installed.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 14-May-11 13:23:53
Print Post

[re: SimonCandest] [link to this post]

Migration from talktalk (full llu) is not supported by the MAC code process, talktalk don't give them out, and to be able to sign up with another isp, the line needs to be an active bt line ,talktalk llu isn't, there fore it requires the customer to cease service with talktalk(cancel) and have the line taken over by bt wholesale Return to donor
once the bt line is active and the bt database has been updated you are able get service with all other isp's
just one of the pitfalls of going full llu (FMPF) as no system for seamless switching from it exists, downtime can be several days for the voice(ptsn) and weeks for adsl

Edited by tommy45 (Sat 14-May-11 13:24:43)

Standard User baby_frogmella
(committed) Sat 14-May-11 13:36:52
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
Migration from talktalk (full llu) is not supported by the MAC code process, talktalk don't give them out, and to be able to sign up with another isp, the line needs to be an active bt line ,talktalk llu isn't, there fore it requires the customer to cease service with talktalk(cancel) and have the line taken over by bt wholesale Return to donor
once the bt line is active and the bt database has been updated you are able get service with all other isp's
just one of the pitfalls of going full llu (FMPF) as no system for seamless switching from it exists, downtime can be several days for the voice(ptsn) and weeks for adsl

Actually it is possible to go from TalkTalk full LLU to another LLU provider (eg Talktalk LLU > Sky full LLU as one or two others have done) however your new provider will try to fob you off 9 out of 10 times as they don't want to go through all the hassle.

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ connected @ 17612/1019 kbps
Attenuation 27db down / 9db up
Noise Margin 3.3 db down / 12db up
Powered by Billion BiPAC 7800N
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Sat 14-May-11 14:00:48
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:

Actually it is possible to go from TalkTalk full LLU to another LLU provider (eg Talktalk LLU > Sky full LLU as one or two others have done) however your new provider will try to fob you off 9 out of 10 times as they don't want to go through all the hassle.

I was looking to move to Sky BB so i could use Sky Anytime+ but was told i would be without phone and BB for two weeks so i decided to stay, having looked at the Sky forums I dont think Sky+ is worth the downtime.

Edited by Jack_Hackett (Sat 14-May-11 14:32:03)

Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 14-May-11 14:10:40
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

I had heard that sky have done this ,but with the cs at sky i would say it would be pot luck , as most of them wont have a clue, and there currently is only sky other than talktalk that supply both voice & adsl via llu
As for other isp's including those who supply adsl only via llu(smpf)it's not that they can't be bothered it's because they cannot provide their service on taltalks llu kit, the line has to be an active bt wholesale line which as you know if the ptsn is on llu then it's not,
Bt openreach have to disconnect it from bt systems and connect it to the llu supplier and vice versa if you leave that llu supplier, there of course is also a charge involved which the customer is liable to pay, unless they take a bt calling plan,
Maybe if those isp's who supply full llu should pay the openreach charges for return to donor when customers want to leave,then they could subscribe to the MAC code system, which would have to work slightly differently,
As they any (full llu supplier) would have to book the rtd with openreach ,keep supplying a full service until it got ceased by openreach,
Then there would only be a few days without an adsl service , next to no downtime with the phone,
As for sky>>>talktalk, talktalk>>sky full llu migrations that's for both providers to work out between themselves and openreach

Edited by tommy45 (Sat 14-May-11 20:08:58)

Standard User baby_frogmella
(committed) Sat 14-May-11 14:16:45
Print Post

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jack_Hackett:
In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:

I was looking to move to Sky BB so i could use Sky+ but was told i would be without phone and BB for two weeks so i decided to stay, having looked at the Sky forums I dont think Sky+ is worth the downtime.

You mean Sky+ Anytime? because Sky+ is just the recording/playback/live pause facility which has been out for donkeys years smile Anyway Sky+ Anytime will sooner or later be available on non Sky broadband connections, can't imagine them having the Sky broadband requirement forever.

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ connected @ 17612/1019 kbps
Attenuation 27db down / 9db up
Noise Margin 3.3 db down / 12db up