User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Crafty
(newbie) Mon 16-May-11 18:12:36
Print Post

Does anyone have contact details for Steve Rescorla?

[link to this post]

Trying to get in contact with Steve because no-one at TalkTalk appears to be able to help sort out a problem, does anyone have his email address ?
ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Tue 17-May-11 12:10:16
Print Post

Re: Does anyone have contact details for Steve Rescorla?

[re: Crafty] [link to this post]

Hi Crafty,

I am not sure Steve Rescorla would be the right man to help you. Have you tried registering on www.talktalkmembers.com? We will do our best to get to the bottom of your issue, if you are a residential customer that is. If you aren't we would happily try to find the right person to give the assistance you need.

If you prefer not send me a Private Message with your telephone and account numbers and I will do what I can.

Cheers

Ady

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Crafty
(newbie) Tue 17-May-11 17:22:42
Print Post

Ok, can anyone help with this ???

[re: TALKTALK_SUPPORT] [link to this post]

Ady,

Just tried registering over there, but it wont let me because it says my phone number / account number are not valid. This just about sums up this company.. so I'll post here instead.

I was previously an F2S customer that got "sold" to talk talk business (or opal or whatever its called).
I requested a MAC Code in February and my migration to another ISP was completed on the 21st Feb. In the email that contained the MAC Code is said that the services with talk talk would not be terminated until the migration was fully complete.. one assumes then that they would be when it was complete.

This is where the fun starts.
I left the direct debit in place for March as I guessed I pay a month in arrears. I cancelled the direct debit after this payment.
About a month ago I got a letter from talk talk credit control saying I owed £20.41. I tried to phone customer services, who where shut, but the recorded message gave an email address so I emailed it saying that I had migrated away and that the service should of been cancelled, hence I didn't owe any money.

I got a reply from an Emma Farrell in credit control saying that they had not been notified of the cancellation, but she had now cancelled it. No mention of the £20 or any further instructions so I assume its all sorted.

Yesterday I get another letter saying I owe £40.82 and if I don't pay within 5 days they will pass the issue to a debt collection agency.

So I ring the number on the letter and get put on hold for 10 minutes. Finally someone answers and I start to explain, before I can finish I'm told I'm speaking to credit control and I need to speak to customer services, would I like to be put through ? Ok, yes please. On hold again for another 5 minutes, I hear what sounds like the handset being picked up and put down again - I'm cut off.
I now search for a customer services number and find one, when I ring this it asks me to put in my phone number, which I do. It tells me the number isn't recognised and to re-enter it. So I simply wait to see if it will give me more options, thankfully it does. I work through the menu system and get put on hold for several minutes. At last I get to speak to someone, I'm asked for my phone number, I reply with the number and then we repeat to ensure it is correct. I'm told I'm not a customer of talk talk and that they can't help me without a "correct" phone number.

I explain that I was a customer and that I need to speak to a supervisor or manager because this mess needs sorting out. I get put on hold again, several more minutes.. someone else picks up and I'm asked for my phone number.. I say that won't work, we already did that, nevertheless we go through the same procedure again.. I'm then asked for my account number, which also doesn't provide any details. I ask for Steve Rescorla by name, no-one knows who he is. I'm told they can't help me because they can't find my record.

I hang up and find another number, another 10 minutes until someone answers, much the same as the above, I get nowhere and they cannot advise me on how I reach someone who can sort this out.

Finally I try another number, I have no idea if these people can help me, because after 18 minutes there is still no answer.

So in desperation I find a number for the Warrington office, I ring it and there no answer, no recorded message, nothing.

Tonight I have called Warrington again and someone answers, I ask to speak to Steve Rescorla, "I'll put you through to his PA". Great! I will get somewhere now... but no.. the phone rings for 30 seconds and is then cut off.
I ring again, same thing happens.
I ring again and tell the switchboard operator I keep getting cut off "Ah yeah there was a fault on that line yesterday". Great, did we not think of that before ?
She gives me an email address apparently of the PA to Mr Rescorla, I've just emailed it but it immediately bounced back - not with "address unknown" but "the email was rejected by the recipient domain". My guess is their email servers are set up to ignore external traffic.

So I can't talk to customer services, I can't register on the help site as you advise and I can't phone or email the guy who keeps sending letters asking for money I don't owe. What an utter shambles for a communications company !!!

Any advice is very welcome.

Edited by Crafty (Tue 17-May-11 17:51:44)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User goldenoldie
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-May-11 22:39:09
Print Post

Re: Ok, can anyone help with this ???

Take your problem to OTELO - after you have jumped through all necessary hoops first .

It will take time but eventually you will [ if my experience is anything to go by ] find that Talk Talk will also ignore any questions from OTELO , but eventually it will all be settled .

-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x
If a thing ain't broke --- DON'T FIX IT
Experienced in making a mess of things smile
2 x MacBook Pro on OSX 10.6.4 ,Belkin N Wireless Router , [ sssh - and a PC wired lappy using XP Pro ] all on Virginmedia 20meg
ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Wed 18-May-11 10:29:02
Print Post

Re: Ok, can anyone help with this ???

Send me a PM with your account and telephone number and I will add you to the database.

Cheers

Ady

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Crafty
(newbie) Thu 19-May-11 19:17:14
Print Post

UPDATE!

Just to update everyone here..

I managed to get an email address for Dido Harding (the CEO) from someone on another forum. I sent an email pretty much the same as my previous post.
I got a reply yesterday to say they were looking in to it.

Today I have received an email from a Richard Bell in Customer Service who has credit a credit on my account that not only wipes out the "debt" but also gives a credit for the payment I made in March, they are going to credit this via BACS or send me a cheque.

I understand that TalkTalk are in trouble with Ofcom for exactly this sort of thing, maybe thats why they sorted it out (once I got hold of someone to listen to me !).

For anyone thinking of moving to them I would think very carefully about giving them bank details
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 19-May-11 19:44:30
Print Post

Re: UPDATE!

In reply to a post by Crafty:
Just to update everyone here..

I managed to get an email address for Dido Harding (the CEO) from someone on another forum.
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/pipex/t/3972803-re-...

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
  Print Thread

Jump to