User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Salion
(regular) Sat 21-May-11 09:32:38
Print Post

Failure to provide MAC

[link to this post]

Another tale of woe I'm afraid.

I requested my MAC on the evening of 10 May by email to customer services and they responded to ask for my account details - these were provided on 11 May at 9am.

I asked them to confirm where my MAC code would be sent on 11 May and 12 May - no response.

I waited 5 working days and contacted them on 18 May by telephone. The helpful lady I spoke to told me that she would pass on my MAC code request again (!) and that it would be with me by tonight.

19 May - I receive an email asking me if I wanted 3 months free connection as compensation etc. I replied immediately to say no. I just wanted my MAC thank you.

As of today, no response. I can't log into the Talk Talk members forum as my account number isn't recognised - perhaps because I'm formerly a F2S customer. I rue the day that Talk Talk took F2S over.

I am going to save up all of my dissapointment for Monday and will call them to register my dissapointment. Is there any point in complaining to OFCOM?
Standard User john2007
(legend) Sat 21-May-11 09:47:17
Print Post

Re: Failure to provide MAC

[re: Salion] [link to this post]

Yes, complain to Ofcom. Otherwise they won't know which ISPs are consistently breaching the regulations.
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 22-May-11 08:18:29
Print Post

yes you must log a complaint with ofcom , as already said , its important that they be made aware that TalkTalk are still breaching regulations ..

I am assuming your on a resold BT product and not been moved to there LLU network ? if you have been moved to there LLU network , as in fully unbundled , there is no point in asking for a MAC as you are out side the working scope of the MAC system .

Vivaciti MurphX LLU

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Salion
(regular) Mon 23-May-11 11:34:31
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Nope, bog standard rural broadband thankfully.

It's been 9 working days since my MAC request. I'll give them 10 and see what happens.
Standard User GeeTee
(committed) Mon 23-May-11 11:54:06
Print Post

F2S became an Opal brand. Opal became TalkTalk Business. You will probably have more success contacting TalkTalk Business rather than TalkTalk.

http://www.talktalkbusiness.co.uk/contact-us/
Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 23-May-11 12:47:42
Print Post

Unfortunately talktalk appear to just the same if not worse than TISCALI where regarding MAC codes they rarely would provide a mac code or if they did it would often take weeks,they too got away with it, and most of tiscali's customers where also ADSL only as for most llu had not been rolled out ,or was only offered to those who wanted tiscali tv
I don't get why they do this, what have they to gain? keeping a customer for longer than the customer wants, Do they think that they will get paid for this extra period ?,
And at what cost to the company, with all the bad press ect, it's a wonder with their track record they still get customers,
If they where different type of business they would of been featured on bbc's rogue traders by now and dealt with by the authorities, unfortunately for the consumer of a rogue isp they only have ofcom, a useless quango most of the time
that's why the likes of talktalk are not worried and keep disobeying the rules they obviously think they are above the rules,

Standard User Salion
(regular) Mon 23-May-11 13:06:50
Print Post

[re: GeeTee] [link to this post]

Thanks GeeTee.

My original message through their email system was picked up by Talk Talk Business and they responded to confirm that they would request my MAC so I know that it got through to the right people through their signature.
Standard User Salion
(regular) Wed 25-May-11 11:03:29
Print Post

Got my MAC after 10 days and am happy now.

Had a call from Talk Talk yesterday telling me that they thought that they had just upgraded the exchange in my area and would I like to talk to their sales team about my package.....

Errrr..... no.

My exchange: NEHH
  Print Thread

Jump to