User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User JB68
(learned) Fri 27-May-11 20:51:09
Print Post

Decided to Move to TalkTalk from Orange

[link to this post]

After the change over at orange, since my exchange doesn't have the new BT eqiupment, I was put back on the Ipstream service (which is rubbish) was enjoying speeds of 9-10meg.

So I decided to Move my BT phone and Broadband connection to TalkTalk for £19.85 a month for the year.

Is this a wise move? Any feedback on TalkTalk? Pretty sure my exchange is LLU for TalkTalk.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Fri 27-May-11 22:52:47
Print Post

Re: Decided to Move to TalkTalk from Orange

[re: JB68] [link to this post]

Difficult to move your BB next time; need to give phone back to BT.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB
Standard User baby_frogmella
(committed) Fri 27-May-11 23:04:39
Print Post

[re: JB68] [link to this post]

As long as you don't dabble in p2p, you'll be fine on talktalk LLU...you'll get line speeds 24/7, low pings, and stutter free video streaming. You'll be able to download at least 100GB per month on their Plus package before they raise an eyebrow. As for moving away from them, its possible to go directly from them to another full LLU service such as Sky or O2 though 9/10 times Sky, O2 etc will try to fob you off.

<now waits for others to say TalkTalk is the devil's spawn>

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ connected @ 17612/1019 kbps
Attenuation 27db down / 9db up
Noise Margin 3.3 db down / 12db up
Powered by Billion BiPAC 7800N

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Fri 27-May-11 23:38:35
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
its possible to go directly from them to another full LLU service such as ... O2
Wrong! O2 (like most other ISPs that offer line rental) are only Partial LLU; you have to have a BT owned line to go to O2. Sky are the only other true ISP that is full LLU; tho' some resellers may be.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB
Standard User JB68
(learned) Fri 27-May-11 23:46:48
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I knew that there might be problems moving to another ISP. can you go from talktalk to full sky luu as I noticed Sky recently unbundled in my area(only reason I didnt move to Sky as you can't use your own router and I can't see why not).

Edited by JB68 (Fri 27-May-11 23:49:09)

Standard User baby_frogmella
(committed) Fri 27-May-11 23:49:29
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
its possible to go directly from them to another full LLU service such as ... O2
Wrong! O2 (like most other ISPs that offer line rental) are only Partial LLU; you have to have a BT owned line to go to O2. Sky are the only other true ISP that is full LLU; tho' some resellers may be.

I stand corrected frown

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ connected @ 17612/1019 kbps
Attenuation 27db down / 9db up
Noise Margin 3.3 db down / 12db up