User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User CommandQ
(newbie) Mon 30-May-11 00:03:39
Print Post

A couple of questions

[link to this post]

Hi, thanks for taking your time to read this. I have a couple of questions, firstly I've ordered a new line (2nd line) and the "Plus" package from talktalk and I'm wondering if they will throttle my connection because of me playing Call of Duty online (PS3).

Also the day after a rang them I received a text message from them saying "An engineer needs to visit your home to activate you TalkTalk phone and broadband service on 06.06.2011", is this the day they will install the new line and how long will it take them if so?

And if you could give me an idea of what they're going to do when they install the new line and also if I can choose where they install the socket.

Thanks smile
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 30-May-11 08:45:48
Print Post

Re: A couple of questions

[re: CommandQ] [link to this post]

TalkTalk don't throttle gaming packets , in fact the complete opposite , gaming packets are given priority over the TalkTalk network . Any issue you may have with on-line gaming on the PS3 will more likely be down to PSN and not your internet connection .

The date your engineer is booked is the date your telephone service should go live , broadband connection follows at a latter date with the people that i know , that have had a TalkTalk line install .

As for "can i have the socket where i want " i will confess to not knowing . Would be interested my self in this .

Vivaciti MurphX LLU
Standard User Myth
(member) Tue 31-May-11 00:57:33
Print Post

[re: CommandQ] [link to this post]

I've had a 2nd line back in 1995 ish, the wires were already present in the master socket, and she allowed me to choose the new socket placement (over the stairs and into another room), and did all the work for the set fee agreed in advance (cant remember the price, was maybe £50 or £75). Of course this was all pre-broadband and i would think pre NT5 master sockets

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User CommandQ
(newbie) Sun 05-Jun-11 20:19:55
Print Post

Re: A couple of questions *DELETED*

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Post deleted by CommandQ
Standard User CommandQ
(newbie) Sun 05-Jun-11 20:20:03
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Thanks you guys for the replies. Tomorrow an Openreach guy should be coming to install the line. I might not be in when he comes round but if I find the answer to the question of the socket placement I'll let you guys know.
  Print Thread

Jump to