User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User rwebster
(newbie) Sun 07-Aug-11 08:18:31
Print Post

New to Talktalk & very slow broadband

[link to this post]

Hi, I'm new to talktalk and the forum.

Was with Nildram but continual contact by talktalk and getting the usual usual sales routine I decided to go with them for telephone and broadband.

Having enjoyed between 6 & 7.5 mbs with Nildram (except peak contention) I'm now stuck with .75 to 1.8 mbs. change over date was 29/07/2011.

I got the run around from all customer support, the last conversation was that my problem had been logged on 2/07/2011 but left open, some kind guy has tried again to sort it and thinks it might get done for 10/07/2011.

The bottom line is I now want to leave talktalk because they have done what I was sold but the wont give me the MAC.

Any helpful comments or solutions welcome.

Regards
Martin
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 07-Aug-11 10:04:57
Print Post

Re: New to Talktalk & very slow broadband

[re: rwebster] [link to this post]

first up , we need to see your line states from your router , and second up , the best way of getting problems resolved whilst on TalkTalk is through there members forum and not over the phone .
the members forum is only staffed during office hours but we still find this is the best way of getting faults logged and fixed .

With TalkTalk , not as bad as some might have you believe
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 07-Aug-11 13:41:57
Print Post

TalkTalk is full LLU - thus no MAC available

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 07-Aug-11 23:32:53
Print Post

Oh ! my apologise , stats not states but as not to waste a post , here is a link to the members forum http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/index.php .

If you have only just signed up to Talktalk ,your login and password might not work for the members forum but fear not , as a quick PM to the TalkTalk representative that post on this forum can get this fixed quickly .

With TalkTalk , not as bad as some might have you believe
ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Mon 08-Aug-11 09:37:33
Print Post

HI rwebster,

sorry to hear you are suffering slow speeds on your new connection. Have you managed to register on the members forum yet? If not or if you are having issues with that PM your account and telephone numbers to me and I will add you to the database and take a look at your line too.

Ady

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User rwebster
(newbie) Wed 10-Aug-11 23:09:06
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Not really used to forums and thought this might be helpful. Eventually found "Members Forum" tried to register but apparently my tel no and account don't exist on the database so as usual no joy.
frown(
Standard User rwebster
(newbie) Wed 10-Aug-11 23:15:30
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Don't know about LLU what ever that is, and regarding MAC I just want a decent broadband speed and if talktalk can't give me that after 13 days then I want out.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 10-Aug-11 23:28:59
Print Post

The talktalk rep has offered to help you. You could reply to them?

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Standard User rwebster
(newbie) Wed 10-Aug-11 23:29:46
Print Post

[re: TALKTALK_SUPPORT] [link to this post]

Not managed to log onto "Members Forum" tried to register but apparently my tel no and account don't exist on the database so as usual no joy.
How very convenient.
Don't really understand "PM your account and telephone numbers to me"
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 10-Aug-11 23:34:19
Print Post

Click on My Home then Send a PM (private message) to talktalk_support. - it's here: http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/sendprivate.php Send him the details and he will add you to their members forum, so you can get help from them.

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to