User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Salion
(regular) Mon 05-Sep-11 17:25:31
Print Post

Demand for Payment - Dissapointing Customer Service

[link to this post]

I cancelled (by requesting and using my MAC) and transferred to BT in May.

I spoke with customer services three weeks ago and confirming that I had been charged two month's direct debits after my date of cancellation and the helpful gentleman told me that he would put a credit in the system and he could see the error that had been made on my account. I was happy with that.

Imagine my surprise whan I recieved a letter asking for this month's broadband substcription payment. When I called customer services the individual responding told me that:

1. I had not spoken to his collegue three weeks ago;
2. BT had not "used" my MAC code so my broad band service had not been changed;
3. (when I pointed out I had a BT router now etc) Talk Talk's (Ex F2S) broadband service and BT's broadband service were still on my telephone line so I had two services.

I expressed my surprise that he was suggesting I had two broadband services on my line and when I asked him what he meant he explained that I would have to write and give 30 days written notice to cancel my contract. I read him the MAC email in which Talk Talk confirm that cancellation of the contract will be automatic on "using" my MAC with my new provider but he failed to understand.

I then spoke to second line customer service (after becoming slightly aggitated for which I apologised) and explained the same story. I provided my earlier call reference. Second line support confirmed that:

1. I had spoken to them three weeks ago;
2. They could see the problem; and
3. They would send a credit invoice out on 12 September.

What particularly annoyed me is that some unsuspecting fools may believe the drivel spouted by first line and actually write in to cancel their "service" leaving Talk Talk with a neat 3 months of payments for nothing.

That is all.

Shocked and appalled from Northumberland.
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Sep-11 21:56:20
Print Post

Re: Demand for Payment - Dissapointing Customer Service

[re: Salion] [link to this post]

You could of shut that first line support up quicker than a quick thing in a quick race , by pointing out they had just received a massive fine for charging for services they have not provided .

With TalkTalk , not as bad as some might have you believe
Standard User wh19mb
(newbie) Tue 06-Sep-11 22:12:11
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

As I am currently in TTB hell (what a mistake to make!), I get the impression the 'service' reps do not have access to a customer's history. Best thing is probably to stay away from TT in future and take the penalty now.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User wh19mb
(newbie) Wed 07-Sep-11 12:11:16
Print Post

[re: Salion] [link to this post]

Troll eh?

OK then, here we go:

- Was persuaded to switch from f2s and BT to Opal in March 2010, on the 'going live' day, no going live and 10 days to sort out troubles. Billing started from the 'going live' day though…
- Have tried 6 times over the last year to get the monthly invoices sent to 2 email addresses, appears to be impossible.
- Have also tried to get access to the Online Billing multiple times over the last year, also appears to be impossible.
- On-hold times for Customer Services, an average 15 minutes, for Tech Support an average 35 minutes in my experience
- Customer service reps do not appear to have access to your history
- Customer service reps do not return phone calls even when promised
- Moved in July 2011 (within same telephone exchange area) but with 6 week gap between dates, was told this was not a problem. Turned out it was a problem (not the same phone number, BT had taken it back) which took 5 weeks to sort out and 2 BT engineer visits (who were clearly working on vague work instructions)
- Was charged 149 pounds for moving plus 30 pounds 'connection fee' plus VAT on top! None of this was mentioned during the moving phone call. I believe a new line is only 99 pounds… Can't find any reference to the 149 pounds moving fee on their website.
- Termination fee 300 pounds in first year - we seem to have reset with the 'new' line - 125 pounds forever after that
- I have cancelled the direct debit now in order to get a customer service event going. The cancellation was noticed immediately - nothing wrong with their Billing Department! But my 4 messages to Customer services (via phone, email, web form and even a real letter in the post!) have gone completely unnoticed.

Disgruntled indeed, hopefully I can convince at least one person to stay away from TT. Cheap and unlimited (well, 100 GB) perhaps, until you need some human action done.
Standard User ETEE
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 07-Sep-11 22:07:41
Print Post

[re: wh19mb] [link to this post]

If TT are charging you for a service you did not receive or which is not justified by your contract, then please make a complaint to Ofcom.

ETEE

16448kbps/1017kbps Best Speed 13820kbps cool ThinkBroadband SpeedTester

Worst Speed 211kbps confused shocked TalkTalk LLU ADSL2+
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 08-Sep-11 00:12:14
Print Post

Like i said many of us are extremely happy with what we pay and the service we get , of course things do go wrong and it would seem you are in this situation .

Thing is we have had trolls here before , mostly there not even Talk-talk customers .

If you had come here and asked about TalkTalk you would of got a frank and honest reply .

There a budget ISP , that means they have budget support , to the most part the connections are very good with many of us using our Talktalk connection for gaming but im a residential customer and have access to the TalkTalk members forum .
The members forum is where clued up TalkTalk residential customers report there issue with the service and to date we have mostly found it to work very well .

My issue with you is your generalisation that you have had a bad experience so TalkTalk are rubbish , when the majority are having a good experience . So you are not the norm , you are the exception .

Check when we last had a complainer , its been ages , and out of 4 million customers , that pretty amazing . Almost as amazing as what i am paying a month and the connection im receiving .

And i repeat Clued up TalkTalk customer don't use the phone to deal with TalkTalk , they use the members forum . But the fact you have never asked for advice and only post here to criticise points to me that you have no interest in fixing your problem and just in slating Talktalk .

Which makes you a Troll in my eyes .

Standard User Myth
(member) Thu 08-Sep-11 12:13:58
Print Post

In reply to a post by wh19mb:
Cheap and unlimited (well, 100 GB) perhaps, until you need some human action done.

Hi, are you saying the TalkTalk business connection has a 100gb monthly limit?

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Standard User Myth
(member) Thu 08-Sep-11 12:35:22
Print Post

In reply to a post by woweebert:
Like i said many of us are extremely happy with what we pay and the service we get , of course things do go wrong and it would seem you are in this situation .

Thing is we have had trolls here before , mostly there not even Talk-talk customers .

Just wanted to say his first post was in 2010 talking about his move to Opal. I agree some of his recent posts were a bit short on help, but what you fail to appreciate is bad customer service outweighs good by about 1000:1 in your/our heads. Things go wrong, this is true, and almost everyone in my experience is aware of that. When they contact customer service, or phone to complain, the problem has already happened. It is now the job of customer service to own that problem till completion to the customers satisfaction. When this doesn't happen (or doesn't happen 6 times in a row), this is when a customer gets the headstate where they will slag the company every time the chance crops up.
The fact that 4 million other people don't feel this way is utterly irrelevent to this person, and rightly so.

Customer service exists solely to remove the anguish and pain of a problem into the hands of someone capable of relieving it, and that person then does their job properly. If this isn't happening regularly in a CS department then that department is in serious trouble.

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 08-Sep-11 18:57:43
Print Post

[re: Myth] [link to this post]

There is a place for slating your ISP " ISP unhappiness" having a unhappy customer chipping in on every thread at every opportunity on the TalkTalk forum stops us who would like to try and help people sort there problems , going about our business .

If there not after help or advice go and post in the relevant thread and stop trolling here where you will find posters that will be barracked by the constant negativity .

I'm not even sure what product we are talking about as there has been no engagement to find a resolution , just complaining .

Standard User tgv
(member) Thu 08-Sep-11 23:38:45
Print Post

In reply to a post by woweebert:

You should have used 'their' not 'there'.

If you had come here and asked about TalkTalk you would of got a frank and honest reply .

You mean like the way TT always respond to customers complaints even if they send a complaint by recorded delivery?

There a budget ISP , that means they have budget support , to the most part the connections are very good with many of us using our Talktalk connection for gaming but im a residential customer and have access to the TalkTalk members forum .
The members forum is where clued up TalkTalk residential customers report there issue with the service and to date we have mostly found it to work very well .

My issue with you is your generalisation that you have had a bad experience so TalkTalk are rubbish , when the majority are having a good experience . So you are not the norm , you are the exception .

Check when we last had a complainer , its been ages , and out of 4 million customers , that pretty amazing . Almost as amazing as what i am paying a month and the connection im receiving .

Have a look at this link

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4766-talktalk-fin...

No complaints eh?

And i repeat Clued up TalkTalk customer don't use the phone to deal with TalkTalk , they use the members forum . But the fact you have never asked for advice and only post here to criticise points to me that you have no interest in fixing your problem and just in slating Talktalk .

Which makes you a Troll in my eyes .

That's funny as we all think of you as a Fanboy!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to