User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User cornishweb
(regular) Fri 23-Sep-11 15:08:49
Print Post

Sick of talk talk

[link to this post]

Hi i have had problems with talk talk ever since i joined and they just kept saying its my equipment, but its not i have tried new everything and also moved house and on new exchange so its got to be talk talk. so what i want to know is where do i make a complaint because i am fed-up of paying for a service that is this bad is it OFCOM i complain to ?

Award Winning Web Hosting
Packages From £1.99 Monthly
Fast Uk & US servers 24/7 Support
cPanel Hosting
Standard User atj003
(committed) Fri 23-Sep-11 19:55:49
Print Post

Re: Sick of talk talk

[re: cornishweb] [link to this post]

Hi.

Have you tried a post on the talk talk Members forum?
I know it sounds lame but truly If i get any problems im not even going to waste time on the phone.

Talktalk members forum is the only place ive had common sense the helplines you phone and its enough to make you want to leave there and then.
If you dont get any joy
you might want to think about

http://www.ombudsman-services.org/communications.html

I would give the forums one last try and basically say what you have here.I hope things work out for you either way.
Standard User cornishweb
(regular) Fri 23-Sep-11 22:01:35
Print Post

[re: atj003] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by atj003:
Hi.

Have you tried a post on the talk talk Members forum?
I know it sounds lame but truly If i get any problems im not even going to waste time on the phone.

Talktalk members forum is the only place ive had common sense the helplines you phone and its enough to make you want to leave there and then.
If you dont get any joy
you might want to think about

I would give the forums one last try and basically say what you have here.I hope things work out for you either way.

Yes been on the forums for months talking to them but no joy

cPanel Hosting

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 24-Sep-11 06:10:25
Print Post

Yes its Ofcom , you say you have moved and experiencing the same problem at a different address and exchange ? what is the problem ?

With TalkTalk , not as bad as some might have you believe
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 24-Sep-11 09:08:26
Print Post

Also im going to add , its obvious you are working from home and using your TalkTalk connection for work , which is in breach of the TalkTalk terms and conditions , which you should keep in mind whilst making a complaint to Ofcom .

It never fails to amaze me the amount of company's and individuals that will entrust their connectivity to the out side world to a budget domestic ISP when there livelihood depends on having internet .

You have now been with 2 domestic ISP , breaching both there terms and conditions as you are working from home , maybe its time to pay your money and go with a ISP that can support your needs and has fast fault resolution times and not onto the next budget domestic ISP .

Edited by woweebert (Sat 24-Sep-11 09:12:00)

Standard User undecidedadrian
(regular) Sat 24-Sep-11 09:55:31
Print Post

A better place to go and seek advice from is the communications ombudsman

They are there to help people seek resolution.
Standard User cornishweb
(regular) Sat 24-Sep-11 10:29:00
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by woweebert:
Also im going to add , its obvious you are working from home and using your TalkTalk connection for work , which is in breach of the TalkTalk terms and conditions , which you should keep in mind whilst making a complaint to Ofcom .

It never fails to amaze me the amount of company's and individuals that will entrust their connectivity to the out side world to a budget domestic ISP when there livelihood depends on having internet .

You have now been with 2 domestic ISP , breaching both there terms and conditions as you are working from home , maybe its time to pay your money and go with a ISP that can support your needs and has fast fault resolution times and not onto the next budget domestic ISP .

No where i work they have there own internet with BT

cPanel
Hosting
Standard User Myth
(member) Sat 24-Sep-11 14:12:54
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by woweebert:
Also im going to add , its obvious you are working from home and using your TalkTalk connection for work , which is in breach of the TalkTalk terms and conditions , which you should keep in mind whilst making a complaint to Ofcom

Hi, just wondered if you had more info on that, I can't seem to get the right google search.
I did find http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/showthread.php... where the OP states he works from home but the OCE doesn't mention any problem with that

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Edited by Myth (Sat 24-Sep-11 14:14:28)

Standard User undecidedadrian
(regular) Sat 24-Sep-11 14:43:40
Print Post

[re: Myth] [link to this post]

It is also quite interesting as the last 3 ISP's I have been with do not mention anything about working from home.

They all mention you cannot run you own business on a domestic connection but working from home isn't that and given that the government is pushing for more and more people to actually work from home perhaps the ISP's should be offering packages where you can explicitly work from home on.
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 24-Sep-11 15:03:01
Print Post

[re: Myth] [link to this post]

its very well documented that Sky also exclude business usage on there services also but im not trawling through there terms and conditions to prove something that is general knowledge on these forums .
6. Your Use of the Services

6.1 You agree not to use the Services:

6.1.1 for business purposes or to sell on or supply the Services to anyone on a commercial basis;[/qoute]

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to