User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User morleymiles
(newbie) Tue 27-Sep-11 09:55:24
Print Post

unbundled exchange

[link to this post]

according to samknows my exchange is unbundled and checking echange status on talktalk it was done at leasted in April (last updated) cannot see exactly when.
I have wasted a long time on thephone to "customer sericeses!!!!**********" and I just want to know what experience others have had as I was told about 4 years ago that the upgrade would be automatically done when exchange was unbundled .
I am still paying a seperate £15 odd extra for brodband.
????????
anyone any thoughts please
(newbie) Thu 29-Sep-11 13:16:26
Print Post

Re: unbundled exchange

[re: morleymiles] [link to this post]

so thats a no then
Standard User baby_frogmella
(committed) Thu 29-Sep-11 13:29:08
Print Post

Is your exchange showing 'live' on this list?
http://www.talktalkmembers.com/content/view/109/149/...

If so, put a request to be upgraded to their ADSL2+ LLU network via the Talktalk forum.

Edit: Duh! Sorry, you've already checked the TT exchange checker and its showing as live. In that case ask on the TT forums to be upgraded.

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ connected @ 18015/1019 kbps
Attenuation 27db down / 9db up
Noise Margin 2.9 db down / 12db up
Powered by Billion BiPAC 7800N

Edited by baby_frogmella (Thu 29-Sep-11 13:31:40)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User NilSatisOptimum
(member) Thu 29-Sep-11 14:45:05
Print Post

Iíve been tempted by TT, I can get past phone support and billing issues. What scares me, I currently get speed test results of 5.80mbps with BT on their upto 8mbps, and however TT sales on the phone will only commit to a maximum of 3mbps on their LLU product. They do contradict themselves too, whenever they come to the door they will always say they will double my speed which is certainly not true. So I give them wide berth!

BT I GIVE YOU MY LOVE AND ALL YOU WANT IS MY MONEY.
ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Thu 29-Sep-11 14:52:40
Print Post

Hi morley,

Your line should automatically be upgraded once LLu is available in the exchange. ITs presence doesnt denote there is capacity on the equipment to connect you.

However if you join the TalkTalk Members Forum we can look into this for you and provide more assistance, checking if this can be completed and placing orders as necessary.

regards

Mark

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User infra_red
(member) Thu 29-Sep-11 17:06:30
Print Post

[re: TALKTALK_SUPPORT] [link to this post]

From what I've heard for existing TT customers the switch to LLU is not automatic. And that TT will try get as many new customer first before upgrading exisiting ones.
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Thu 29-Sep-11 18:38:51
Print Post

[re: NilSatisOptimum] [link to this post]

I dropped a meg and a bit going from BTw to TT LLU mainly because the TT SNR margin is at 11.5 - 13

ADSL / ADSL2 / ADSL2+ sync speeds are 4832 / 5408 / 5590 with 2.5km line length (not crow flies). Can usually just hang on to 8128 sync with BT and appropriate kit my end.

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Are your kids pirates ? Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, BitTorrent, eMule are all tools of the trade.
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 29-Sep-11 18:43:26
Print Post

[re: infra_red] [link to this post]

I have to actually agree , this is not the first OP we have had posting about this , it does seem TalkTalk is more interested in getting new customers and completely neglect those that are actually already customers .

which is a very poor way of doing things .

To the OP , ring up and ask for your MAC , balls in TalkTalk court then and there are definitely better suppliers for resold BT than TalkTalk but hopefully that's enough to motivate TalkTalk into keeping a customer and putting you on there LLU kit pronto .

Edit:might be better to sign up on the forum and ask for your MAC as telephone support is a nightmare to have to deal with , mind you asking for a MAC should get you put through to retentions , that's hopefully better than dealing with customers first line support .

With TalkTalk , not as bad as some might have you believe

Edited by woweebert (Thu 29-Sep-11 18:49:43)

Standard User NilSatisOptimum
(member) Thu 29-Sep-11 19:58:03
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

My router syncs at 7168 and Profile of 6000, at times it will sync higher and jump up to the next profile and hangs on to it for months then drops but with attenuation of 42 its boxing above its weight, so generally happy with it.

BT I GIVE YOU MY LOVE AND ALL YOU WANT IS MY MONEY.
(newbie) Thu 29-Sep-11 21:03:59
Print Post

[re: TALKTALK_SUPPORT] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TALKTALK_SUPPORT:
Hi morley,

Your line should automatically be upgraded once LLu is available in the exchange. ITs presence doesnt denote there is capacity on the equipment to connect you.

However if you join the TalkTalk Members Forum we can look into this for you and provide more assistance, checking if this can be completed and placing orders as necessary.

regards

Mark

Hi Mark
Are you with talktalk ?
I have a quick question if you are
morleymiles
morleymiles
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to