User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User supfly51
(newbie) Sat 15-Oct-11 10:39:57
Print Post

TalkTalk rep required

[link to this post]

Is there such a thing as someone from TalkTalk that can help because since signing up to talk talk last week ive had issues and have had no joy in getting someone to contact me regarding siging up to the members forum despite sending numerous messages and i had the misfortune of experiencing telephone support -

Please let me know what account info you require from me, i have my router stats :

Mode: ADSL2 PLUS
Type: ANNEX_A

Downstream Upstream
Rate (Kbps): 16899 kbps 816 kbps

SNR Margin (dB): 11.5 12.3
Attenuation (dB): 25.0 13.1
Output Power (dBm): 0.0 11.3

Super Frames: 4643779 4643780
RS Correctable Errors: 41326 65531
RS Uncorrectable Errors: 31 65504

HEC Errors: 675 0
Total Cells: 14748 72547
Data Cells: 1934875 357363
Bit Errors: 0 0

the down speed is erratic to say the least and varies from 300kb up to 14meg on speedtests daily, yes ive done all the checks required inc master socket check etc.

I am a whisker away from cancelling and this is my last attempt at reaching someone.

regards

Jason Jones
Standard User Kaoshan
(committed) Sat 15-Oct-11 10:46:08
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk rep required

[re: supfly51] [link to this post]

Hi Jason

Recommend you join the TT Members Forum as that is where the TT reps hang out. You will find them a lot more helpful than the call centre staff who work to a script.

Go here and register.
Standard User supfly51
(newbie) Sat 15-Oct-11 11:05:00
Print Post

In reply to a post by supfly51:
Is there such a thing as someone from TalkTalk that can help because since signing up to talk talk last week ive had issues and have had no joy in getting someone to contact me regarding siging up to the members forum despite sending numerous messages and i had the misfortune of experiencing telephone support -

Please let me know what account info you require from me, i have my router stats :

Mode: ADSL2 PLUS
Type: ANNEX_A

Downstream Upstream
Rate (Kbps): 16899 kbps 816 kbps

SNR Margin (dB): 11.5 12.3
Attenuation (dB): 25.0 13.1
Output Power (dBm): 0.0 11.3

Super Frames: 4643779 4643780
RS Correctable Errors: 41326 65531
RS Uncorrectable Errors: 31 65504

HEC Errors: 675 0
Total Cells: 14748 72547
Data Cells: 1934875 357363
Bit Errors: 0 0

the down speed is erratic to say the least and varies from 300kb up to 14meg on speedtests daily, yes ive done all the checks required inc master socket check etc.

I am a whisker away from cancelling and this is my last attempt at reaching someone.

regards

Jason Jones

i cannot even sign up to the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The system say my account and telephone numbers do not exist, ive sent numerous messages over the last couple of days using the talktalk online 'contact us' forms to get this resolved and it still hasnt been, 'contact us' Now theres a joke!!!!!!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Futaura
(committed) Sat 15-Oct-11 11:17:45
Print Post

Are these speed tests via a wireless or wired connection? Presumably you are talking about TT's own speed tester? (others will not necessarily be reliable due to their own network congestion)
Standard User supfly51
(newbie) Sat 15-Oct-11 13:54:36
Print Post

[re: Futaura] [link to this post]

They were doen using both, my ps3 is connected via lan but pc is wireless as its on the other side of the room to the router.
I tried the TalkTalk speedtest and it wasnt working
Standard User Futaura
(committed) Sat 15-Oct-11 17:37:08
Print Post

What speed is given under the network connection test on the PS3? Although, this isn't necessarily as accurate as the TT speed tester. I think you first need to rule wireless out as the problem, as just because it is on the other side of the room, doesn't mean it won't be affected by interference. Try changing the wifi channel on the router to see if it helps, and maybe try something like inSSIDer on the PC to check what the wifi traffic is like.
Standard User supfly51
(newbie) Sat 15-Oct-11 17:58:15
Print Post

[re: Futaura] [link to this post]

The speeds vary through different times of the day, basically im getting around 3meg in the morning then up to 14meg in the evening with a disconnect and 300kbs speed two nights ago!

I had no issues like this with IDNET for 3 years so how do i need to go through all of these checks etc. just to rule out what i knew worked perfectly before.
ANd still i havent been contacted by a TalkTalk person, its unbelievable how shoddy they are, they even had the cheek to send me an email requesting a feedback survey from my abysmal telephone dealings with them.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 15-Oct-11 18:13:33
Print Post

1, Does the downstream Rate reported by modem every vary?
2. How long had the modem being running when you posted those stats? Why? Because a lot of errors are showing up.

If you unplug everything from the line and use just the test socket and run the modem for a while do the error stats build up?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User 4M2
(committed) Sat 15-Oct-11 18:29:29
Print Post

Jason,

If you do cancel your TT account and thus full LLU what will happen about your line rental? Will you have to go with a 12 month BT contract in order to be reconnected to their kit for free? Or will TT reconnect you to the BT kit for free if you cancel during the cooling off period?

Heard somewhere that Post Office line rental short term contacts might be one way of doing it for free, but I'm not sure about that...basically TT have you by the "short and curlies" with no easy way out if they don't reconnect to BT kit for free frown

Edited by 4M2 (Sat 15-Oct-11 18:39:45)

Standard User supfly51
(newbie) Sat 15-Oct-11 18:59:52
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
1, Does the downstream Rate reported by modem every vary?
2. How long had the modem being running when you posted those stats? Why? Because a lot of errors are showing up.

If you unplug everything from the line and use just the test socket and run the modem for a while do the error stats build up?

Just checked stats again and the down is still the same, errors are now at 1161.
Router has not been reset at all since starting this thread but running previously say for around 24hrs
I did attempt a talktalk speedtest but it came back with 'there is a problem with your exchange'
Maybe thats the issue, i'll monitor tonight, tomorrow morning and midday to see if anything changes.

I'll have to run the test socket tonight and report my findings
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to