User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dsample
(newbie) Mon 17-Oct-11 12:43:45
Print Post

LLU RFS but still not available???

[link to this post]

I've just called TalkTalk Business after seeing the news on SamKnows about LLU being RFS on Friday. I've just been told that the exchange cannot be enabled for LLU because "it's served by 2 exchanges". Any idea what that means, and why that would stop them being able to do LLU?

Why would I have been told on Friday that "it's still showing as planned for today, call on Monday and we should be able to help", if there's no chance of it being available? Why would the work have even been planned?

Exchange: EMWARBY (Warboys)
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 17-Oct-11 13:49:59
Print Post

Re: LLU RFS but still not available???

[re: dsample] [link to this post]

SamKnows can be wrong, updating their data appears to take second place to other tasks these days.

Served by 2 exchanges is an odd phrase, and makes no real sense to me.

Reality is probably more like the TalkTalk back office systems just need time to update and reflect the ability to order the service. Often best information can come from talking to one of the resellers, that sell the wholesale services from TalkTalk

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User dsample
(newbie) Mon 17-Oct-11 14:34:41
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I got a response from Neil at SamKnows and his comment was that the data for TalkTalk is about 3 weeks old, and they've been chasing for updated data.

The strangest thing to me is the "2 exchanges" thing... the fact that data is going through another exchange shouldn't necessarily make a difference, and surely if they plan LLU at a site with that kind of connection they would make sure the exchanges up the chain are upgraded as a prerequisite.

When I asked the customer services person for clarification about what it meant, and when I'd therefore be able to get the LLU service she said "it'll never be possible", which, if true, is a cue for me to look for a new house (I'm not going to live in an 8MB max area for longer than necessary).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Myth
(member) Mon 17-Oct-11 15:29:01
Print Post

sounds like a chair/keyboard interface error

In theory, theory and practice are identical.....in practice they aren't!
Standard User dsample
(newbie) Mon 17-Oct-11 16:19:30
Print Post

[re: Myth] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Myth:
sounds like a chair/keyboard interface error

She went away for a good few minutes to talk to someone that would know better, so at least it wasn't just one person being a bit dim.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 18-Oct-11 08:49:36
Print Post

Never buy anything based on future promises

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User dsample
(newbie) Tue 18-Oct-11 09:21:33
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I've been a Nildram/Pipex/TalkTalk subscriber for 8 years, so I'm certainly not buying on future promises, but since I moved into my first house 3 years ago I've had nothing but instability and slowness from my line, none of which has ever been solved, even after months of back-and-forth technical tickets, so I'm quite keen to have the chance of a better experience.

If we'll really "never be able to get LLU" in my village I'll certainly be looking for opportunities to move closer to a better ADSL area, or a cable-covered area.
  Print Thread

Jump to