User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bobbledew
(newbie) Fri 28-Oct-11 17:58:03
Print Post

Network Status Updates

[link to this post]

Just wondering how up to date the network status updates are on TT's website??? Since early evening here we've had really poor internet speeds with very high pings.

Usually we get download speeds of 12-13mbps in the evening but it has been around 0.5-2mbps (speedtest.net) with pings of anywhere around 121-241ms. I've done all the usual checks, routers, filters etc. but nothing appear to be amiss there, so I can only imagine it's a Talk Talk problem. Half their site seems to be inaccessible at present and I can't even get their speed tester to load.

BTW my exchange is EADER (Norfolk, East Region), is anyone else experiencing problems today/this evening?

Edited by bobbledew (Fri 28-Oct-11 19:31:29)

Standard User Futaura
(committed) Fri 28-Oct-11 19:03:30
Print Post

Re: Network Status Updates

[re: bobbledew] [link to this post]

Yes. I'm in Norfolk too and am having the exact same problem, as are many others from around the country who have been posting on TTMF. There is nothing wrong your end - it's definitely a TT network issue frown. There is lots of packet loss too, which is prevently webpages from loading correctly - reloading the page will usually bring it up eventually.

The network status pages are certainly not up to date as I write this.

Edited by Futaura (Fri 28-Oct-11 19:05:25)

Standard User bobbledew
(newbie) Fri 28-Oct-11 19:13:42
Print Post

[re: Futaura] [link to this post]

Thanks, thought it was a TT issue, seemed to suddenly drop off around 4pm was listening to Spotify at the time and the tracks seemed to take an age to start, which is when I noticed other browsing problems.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Futaura
(committed) Fri 28-Oct-11 19:21:18
Print Post

Yep - 4pm here too. Was watching/streaming a film on Lovefilm when it dropped out and would no longer play.
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 28-Oct-11 19:31:13
Print Post

[re: Futaura] [link to this post]

Yes, this is a TT network issue.

It is affecting all of their networks (Talk Talk and ex-Tiscali) as well as wholesale services. We suspect re-routing somewhere but it appeared to start at 15:53.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Standard User tommaso46
(learned) Fri 28-Oct-11 20:04:51
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Same here in north-west London. This has been happening for several days now, and is very noticeable in the evenings. It had got so bad this evening that I came in here to post my message and to find out if this problem is widespread - which I see it is.

Download speed here is 0.94 mbps and ping is 121 ms.

Tom in London

Edited by tommaso46 (Fri 28-Oct-11 20:09:59)

Standard User thomaswarne01
(regular) Fri 28-Oct-11 21:32:22
Print Post

[re: tommaso46] [link to this post]

Hey there, it effected my aunts line in cornwall thisevening, page load times where rediculous!, here is a snapshot of her ping, Taltalk ping snapshot - 28.10.2011

Standard User spongebobhims
(learned) Fri 28-Oct-11 21:47:57
Print Post

Hi people,

i to am affected by this but it does not seem to be affecting my ping as much as some others, i am with a reseller of an Opal/TalkTalk Business product so looks to have affected the whole network.

Ping Graph
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/17bcb3a4ab6...
Speedtest
[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1560962347.png[/IMG]
Normal 5.2MB Down 0.85 UP
Pingtest
[IMG]http://www.pingtest.net/result/49475493.png[/IMG]

Standard User gmoorc
(member) Fri 28-Oct-11 21:57:52
Print Post

[re: spongebobhims] [link to this post]

I'm on a similar resold package to yourself but am seeing worse ping without the packet loss.

BQM Link
Standard User spongebobhims
(learned) Fri 28-Oct-11 22:04:25
Print Post

[re: gmoorc] [link to this post]

I was surprised at my ping being so low considering what everybody else is getting, the speed has been almost constant at 3mb tonight normally a rock solid 5.2mb.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to