User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User TalkTalk1969
(newbie) Tue 01-Nov-11 04:43:07
Print Post

LLU and SamKnows Site

[link to this post]

I just checked this site over the weekend and it says i am enabled for the following services.

* BT Wholesale ADSL
* BT Wholesale ADSL Max
* TalkTalk (CPW) LLU

Now this is the first time i have known me to be enabled for Talk Talk LLU, never had that in the past and i am doubting the claims of the site because this is a small Scottish Borders town of under 5000 homes, seems unlikely it would be enabled especially since the last i heard was that work would be carried out on broadband services sometime late 2012.

How accurate is SamKnows and is there any way of finding out if i am on LLU, my postcode is TD8 6JY if that helps.

I'd prefer not to phone Talk Talk, we have the phone with them ( good service ) but they keep calling us twice a day to try and flog broadband to us despite telling them that i have ticked the box on the online site ( i pay online for the phone bill ) that i do not wish to be pestered with sales calls, i said they were breaking the rules and they said they would stop, now they have started again, real annoying, yes i could pick up and ask if i am on LLU but i am too annoyed and would prefer not to, if you ask not to receive sales calls they should not call you.

I hear their LLU service is much superior to the ADSL service and if enabled then i might consider taking it up, if only they would cut out the sales calls twice a day.
Standard User NilSatisOptimum
(member) Tue 01-Nov-11 07:22:12
Print Post

Re: LLU and SamKnows Site

[re: TalkTalk1969] [link to this post]

Its likely it has, you could use their own exchange checker until recently, however look for one of the resellers of Talk Talk, Titan or Adsl 24 etc. If its the Jedburgh exchange you use anything above 1000 homes is exceptable now, well it is in Cymru! As for Sam knows the only critism I have it can a bit slow to update when exchanges go LIVE.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....

Edited by NilSatisOptimum (Tue 01-Nov-11 07:23:16)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 01-Nov-11 07:49:32
Print Post

Another clue would be to use maps.thinkbroadband.com and when you see talktalk results with upstream results above 0.5Mbps you know that will be LLU based.

This actually shows someone has managed to order it and it is working

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SimonCandest
(knowledge is power) Tue 01-Nov-11 12:31:52
Print Post

I live in a small Scottish village - called Dunblane - with around 3000 homes and we have TalkTalk LLU, Sky LLU ( I believe ) and are supposed to be getting FTTC (ha, not holding my breath ) this year.... so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that you do have LLU.

It's well worth it imo.smile

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Flying on TalkTalk

Gib mir die Hand, ich bau dir ein Schloss aus Sand
Irgendwie, irgendwo, irgendwann.
Standard User 4M2
(committed) Tue 01-Nov-11 12:53:54
Print Post

[re: NilSatisOptimum] [link to this post]

NSO,

I think Jack's onto the exchange checker thing, see this thread: http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/talktalk/f/4058924-...
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Tue 01-Nov-11 13:22:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by TalkTalk1969:
is there any way of finding out if i am on LLU, my postcode is TD8 6JY if that helps.
You can see what they offer you on their webpage: http://sales.talktalk.co.uk/product/broadband
In reply to a post by TalkTalk1969:
if you ask not to receive sales calls they should not call you.
You can report them to the TPS: http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html if you have registered with the TPS, even if you are already a customer of TT but they keep calling about anything other than the service you have contracted for.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Tue 01-Nov-11 15:08:42
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Hi TalkTalk1969,

WE are at present expanding the reach of our network and unbundling new exchanges

The Samsknows dat is collated from ISP directly by Sam. As such, although this occasionaly may take some time to update when exchanges are unbundled, if LLU presence is showing then you can be pretty certain it is available. There's only a few very rare circumstances this would not be the case (as advised Samknows collates data direct from the ISP's in question).

If you use the TT avaialbilty checker on the website it will confirm if LLU is avaialbe. However by using the Availabilty checker you agree that TT will call you to follow up on your enquiry (which may be the reason for the recent marketing calls you have received).

If you do not wish to receve marketing calls you can use the TalkTalk Members Forum site and we can request an opt out for you. Alternatively this can be done via My Account. If your alredy opted out we need to investigate this via the Members Forum as to why contact is still being received.

Regards

Mark
TalkTalk Online Community Department

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User 4M2
(committed) Tue 01-Nov-11 15:30:22
Print Post

[re: TALKTALK_SUPPORT] [link to this post]

Mark,

How can somebody stop marketing calls if they have simply used the TT availability checker from the web site, when they are not yet TT users, and can not access the members' forum?

I did it once, a year or so ago, and got a call back from sales offering me a very "attractive" deal. However because the sales person was so keen to make a sale things such as "subject to availability" were conveniently not mentioned. At the time there was limited LLU capacity at the exchange, this could be seen on the TT exchange checker by anybody - apparently this is not accessible to even TT members any more. Incidentally I didn't accept this "wonderful" broadband and phone offer.

Anyway after that I continued to get a few sales calls but fortunately they have now dried up smile
Standard User Abe01
(member) Tue 01-Nov-11 20:46:18
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

A bit of gumf in here but pay attention to the bolded part

CSSExchangeDistrictCode ES

A unique code representing the OpenReach District for this line. See Appendix D for more details for a list of possible district codes and their meaning. Possible values and their meaning: CL - City of London CM - Central Midlands EA - East Anglia EM - East Midlands ES - East Scotland LC - Lancs and Cumbria LN - London North LS - London South LV Liverpool LW - London West MR Manchester MY - Mid Yorks ND - North Downs & Weald NE - North East NI - Northern Ireland NS - North of Scotland SD - South Downs SL - Sheffield & Lincoln SM - South Midlands SS Severnside ST Solent SW - South Wales TH Thameswey WE - West End WM - North &West Midland WN - North Wales WR Westminster WS - West of Scotland WW Westward

EstimatedAnnexMUploadSpeed Unknown

Field describing the estimated upload speed for Annex M Enabled line

EstimatedDownloadSpeed 5900

Field describing the estimated download speed available at this exchange

ExchangeCapacityFlag G

The following flags provide the User a indication to gauge the probability of success in order fulfilment: Red (R) There is no capacity at the specified exchange. If placed, the order will most probably be rejected. Amber (A) There is limited capacity at the specified exchange. Order can be placed with distinct possibility that it will fail. Please reserve tie-pair to avoid possible rejection. Green (G) There is ample capacity at the specified exchange. Order can be placed with confidence.

ExchangeCode ESJED

Identifier of the exchange for the installation

ExchangeName JEDBURGH

Name of the exchange for the installation

ExchangeState Live

The current state of the Exchange. One of the following values [Unplanned, Targeted, Scheduled, Unbundling, Completing, Live, Suspended]

ForecastDate 01/01/0001 00:00:00

The date when the exchange is forecasted to go live

IPTVCapacity NotSet

The following flags provide the User a indication to gauge the probability of success in IPTV order fulfilment: Red (R) There is no capacity at the specified exchange. If placed, the order will most probably be rejected. Amber (A) There is limited capacity at the specified exchange. Order can be placed with distinct possibility that it will fail. Please reserve tie-pair to avoid possible rejection. Green (G) There is ample capacity at the specified exchange. Order can be placed with confidence.

IPTVState Disabled

The current state of the exchange for IPTV. One of the following values - [NotSet, Enabled, Disabled]

LineLength Measure Type - CircuitEstimated;
Length - 2351;
Standard User NilSatisOptimum
(member) Tue 01-Nov-11 20:57:42
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

They must like their title, most moaned about ISP, just imagine, you had signed up to the attractive deal, bang no capacity!

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to