User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User quarky
(newbie) Wed 23-Nov-11 13:41:44
Print Post

Trying to escape!

[link to this post]

Help!

I was with Freedom2Surf who were fantastic. Then they were taken over by TT. Performance went down, but I was called by someone from TT who told me that if I moved to TT, I would be able to use their network (too) so would get massive speed increases. Despite their reputation, I decided to give them a chance (despite an email from them telling me that they could only offer a 24 month contract, and the 12 month contracts on their website were not actually available).

After two or three more days of of <1mb connection speeds (I was getting ~3.5 with f2s), I decided enough was enough.

Now, I can't shift to a different ISP because the order is still apparently in progress (despite me asking a week ago for them to cancel) and they refuse to give me a MAC code.

Can I shift without a MAC code? Is it a simple question of waiting until TT discontinue my service (my line is still with BT) and then I can sign up with another provider?
Standard User quarky
(newbie) Wed 23-Nov-11 13:58:44
Print Post

Re: Trying to escape!

[re: quarky] [link to this post]

Half an hour on the phone being passed from department to department (and "manager" to "manager"), and still nothing.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 23-Nov-11 14:48:11
Print Post

If you are still paying line rental to BT then you should be able to get a MAC, but if the migration from F2S to TT has not completed then it may be delayed.

Is the issue connection speed based, or throughput based?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User quarky
(newbie) Wed 23-Nov-11 15:38:02
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Throughput. My connection is a rather static 3.7mb, but the actual throughput is much, much lower. About a tenth of that a lot of the time!

Thanks for the info. I have been receiving TT bills for a few months now so it should be complete, I guess they are just being difficult as usual...
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 23-Nov-11 16:11:06
Print Post

Send a private message at

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/showprofile.php?Use...

Have you tried registering on TalkTalks own forums? Generally much better than phone support.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 23-Nov-11 17:17:35
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
If you are still paying line rental to BT then you should be able to get a MAC, but if the migration from F2S to TT has not completed then it may be delayed.

Is the issue connection speed based, or throughput based?
or ignored personally i would give them the 5 working days to give me the requested mac if i had not received it by then i would be reporting them to ofcom for breech of the rules, someone in another post on here waited 2 weeks to get their mac, tt are and always have been a joke when it comes to customer service , But the problem with waiting is that the migration to tt llu could take place ,then the mac process would no longer apply, and would have to get the line back to bt blah blah blah,

Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 23-Nov-11 17:27:25
Print Post

In reply to a post by quarky:
Help!

I was with Freedom2Surf who were fantastic. Then they were taken over by TT. Performance went down, but I was called by someone from TT who told me that if I moved to TT, I would be able to use their network (too) so would get massive speed increases. Despite their reputation, I decided to give them a chance (despite an email from them telling me that they could only offer a 24 month contract, and the 12 month contracts on their website were not actually available).

After two or three more days of of <1mb connection speeds (I was getting ~3.5 with f2s), I decided enough was enough.

Now, I can't shift to a different ISP because the order is still apparently in progress (despite me asking a week ago for them to cancel) and they refuse to give me a MAC code.

Can I shift without a MAC code? Is it a simple question of waiting until TT discontinue my service (my line is still with BT) and then I can sign up with another provider?
A 24 moth contract ,something i would run a mile from ,i would just not go there, as i would stay well clear of Full llu because it ain't covered by the mac process, infact there is no process at all, it's all left up to the customer, the line needs to be re connected to btw this isn't free, before most other isp's are able to provide a service to you, give tt the 5 working days to furnish you with a mac ,if you ain't got it by then contact ofcom as they will be in breech of the rules, ofcom may call or send them an e-mail, they did for me , i had a response within the same day and mac a day later that was with similar isp tiscali

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 23-Nov-11 21:52:38
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

If the phone line is with BT and no agreement made to transfer that to TalkTalk then would be a clear case of slaming if this customer were to end up on full LLU, rather than SMPF

Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 23-Nov-11 22:16:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
If the phone line is with BT and no agreement made to transfer that to TalkTalk then would be a clear case of slaming if this customer were to end up on full LLU, rather than SMPF
It sure would, but they may well claim that the op had requested that initially and then changed his mind at a later date,wouldn't stop them carrying out the migration though, then once on their llu network, the op would be somewhat trapped and would involve some down time transferring back to btw,
I mentioned the full llu because that's the only retail option that tt supply unless they make exceptions for those who are ex f2s customers

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 23-Nov-11 22:36:28
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

A 24 month contract would indicate the OP is with TalkTalk business and not TalkTalk retail , which would also mean the user forum and the ISP representative that post here , would not be available for the OP .

If the OP is under the impression their with TalkTalk retail , they have almost definitely been mis sold .

With TalkTalk , not as bad as some might have you believe
  Print Thread

Jump to