User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User quarky
(newbie) Thu 01-Dec-11 21:05:28
Print Post

What a comedy company

[link to this post]

Some extracts from my attempts to get a MAC code from these clowns. Note you need to start at the bottom and this is only a tiny extract. Some highlights include needing to give them my name, address and account code FOUR TIMES so far in the same call and they still don't seem to know what they are doing. Other times, they have told me that my boadband has been cancelled, but when I ask for the termination date, they tell me that it isn't, only to tell next time that it is:

Subject
Please cancel

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Kavita *********) 01/12/2011 09.16 AM
Dear Greg *******,

Thank you for contacting us in relation to your MAC request.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

We are having difficulty in finding your account on our systems. Can you please provide us with your Telephone Number associated with your account or Account Number (this can be located on a recent letter or bill received from us) so we have more information to locate your account.

The account that we are able to locate has been cancelled on the 21st November 2011.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to reply or visit www.help.talktalk.co.uk for more information.

Kind regards,

Kavita *********,
Talk Talk Customer Relations
Customer By Email (Greg *******) 01/12/2011 08.00 AM
My broadband is with Talktalk. Why would BT need to give me a mac code if my broadband is nothing to do with them?

This is ridiculous, please can you pass this to someone who knows what they are doing?

On 1 Dec 2011, at 07:27, "TalkTalk Help" <talktalk_help@mailuk.custhelp.com> wrote:

>
>
>
Response Via Email (Yudhveer *********) 01/12/2011 07.27 AM
Dear Greg *******,

Thank you for contacting us in relation to your MAC request.

Please be advised that I am only able to access an account in your name that was cancelled on the 21st November 2011. This order was placed on the 17th November 2011.

If your phone services are with BT, I would advise you to contact BT on 0800 150 111 and they will be able to assist you.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to reply or visit www.help.talktalk.co.uk for more information.

Kind regards,

Yudhveer *********,
Talk Talk Customer Relations
Customer By Email (Greg *******) 01/12/2011 05.59 AM
My phone is with BT not talktalk. Something which you would know if you bothered to read the emails, or even looked at my account details.

So where is my mac code?

On 1 Dec 2011, at 02:58, "TalkTalk Help" <talktalk_help@mailuk.custhelp.com> wrote:

>
>
>
Response Via Email (Catherine *********) 01/12/2011 02.58 AM
Dear Mr *******,

Thank you for contacting TalkTalk Customer Support regarding the cancellation of your TalkTalk package.

I would like to express my sincere apologies on behalf of TalkTalk for the inconvenience this matter has caused you. I understand that this was not the level of service you were expecting from us. We take your comments on board in a view to improve our services.

The telephone number 0193 XXX 5877 was already cancelled on 21st November 2011. This was registered to a Local loop Unbundling (LLU) which means that internet service provider will have their own equipment installed in your local BT exchange.

If you leave TalkTalk, then both Phone and Broadband will cease at that time.Your best bet would be to contact BT about it, but most non-LLU isp's will not be able to take you on until you have a BT landline.

If you are pertaining to a different account, kindly provide the telephone number or account number associated with it.

I trust this now clarifies the matter.

If you have further queries, please feel free to call our Customer Service on 0870 444 1820. Lines are open from 8am to 8pm, seven days a week. Alternatively, you can contact us on http://help.talktalk.co.uk/app/ask.

Yours sincerely,

Catherine *********
TalkTalk Customer Relations
Customer By Email (Greg *******) 30/11/2011 03.15 PM
Please read the call details. I have given t phone number and account number at least three times already.

On 30 Nov 2011, at 14:50, "TalkTalk Help" <talktalk_help@mailuk.custhelp.com> wrote:

>
>
>
Response Via Email (Nerissa *********) 30/11/2011 02.50 PM
Dear Mr *******,

Thank you for contacting TalkTalk Customer Support concerning the cancellation of your Home Phone and Broadband services.

Our record shows that you placed an order for a Home Phone and Broadband package (TalkTalk Plsu) on or around 17th November 2011. Thereafter, as per your request it was cancelled by our Customer Loyalty Department on 22nd November 2011.

If you have an active Broadband account with us, kindly provide the telephone number or account number associated with it so that we can deal with your Migration Authorisation Code (MAC) request accordingly.

Your patience and understanding regarding this matter is fully appreciated, and I trust that this will be resolved shortly.

If you have further queries, please feel free to call our Customer Service on 0870 444 1820. Lines are open from 8am to 8pm, seven days a week. Alternatively, you can contact us on http://help.talktalk.co.uk/app/ask.

Yours sincerely,

Nerissa *********
Customer By Email (Greg *******) 30/11/2011 01.45 PM
Hello,

Any chance of someone who knows what they are doing, sending me a reply?

On 29 November 2011 12:14, Greg ******* <*********@gmail.com> wrote:

> Firstly, I have never had telephone services with TalkTalk, so how can
> they be cancelled?
>
> Secondly, I didn't cancel my broadband (as I have said many times
> already), I cancelled the order to shift my broadband to a new contract,
> and to shift my phone.
>
> I really do not understand how I can make this any clearer.
>
> Going back to my original question then, how cancelled my broadband (it
> wasn't me, if so, prove it), and when is the termination date?
>
>
>
>
> On 29 November 2011 11:53, TalkTalk Help <
> talktalk_help@mailuk.custhelp.com> wrote:
>
>> **
>>
>>
>>
>> *>>
>
>
Customer By Email (Greg *******) 29/11/2011 12.16 PM
Firstly, I have never had telephone services with TalkTalk, so how can they
be cancelled?

Secondly, I didn't cancel my broadband (as I have said many times already),
I cancelled the order to shift my broadband to a new contract, and to shift
my phone.

I really do not understand how I can make this any clearer.

Going back to my original question then, how cancelled my broadband (it
wasn't me, if so, prove it), and when is the termination date?

On 29 November 2011 11:53, TalkTalk Help <talktalk_help@mailuk.custhelp.com>wrote:

> **
>
>
>
>
Response Via Email (Catherine*********) 29/11/2011 11.53 AM
Dear Mr *******,

Thank you for contacting TalkTalk Customer Support regarding the cancellation confirmation of your account.

I am sorry to learn that you have transferred your services to a new provider. Upon checking your account, I can confirm that your Broadband and telephone services were cancelled on 21st November 2011.

With regard to your bill; we can confirm that your outstanding balance is £0.00.

On 22nd November 2011, you have notified us that you no longer require landline and Broadband.

I trust this now clarifies the matter.

Yours sincerely,

Catherine *********

[---001:005752:52060---]
Standard User mixt
(experienced) Thu 01-Dec-11 21:27:01
Print Post

Re: What a comedy company

[re: quarky] [link to this post]

Wow! smile

Now on <aaisp.net>
Previous ISPs: Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable), Be* Un Limited, ZeN
Is Linux routing your internet connection?
Need to make BIND geo-aware?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 01-Dec-11 21:37:07
Print Post

[re: quarky] [link to this post]

They should have simply told you that where full LLU is used i.e. phone and broadband both with TalkTalk i.e. on their Essentials or Plus package, then it is impossible to generate a MAC. As they do not exist for full LLU connections.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mixt
(experienced) Thu 01-Dec-11 21:45:33
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I think given this very important first admission:
We are having difficulty in finding your account on our systems.

clearly demonstrates that they would lack the ability to even action your suggestion.

I suppose it's time to go to Ofcom - how many days do ISPs have again when you make a request for a MAC ? 5 days right? If it was me, that's what I would be doing, cause quite frankly, the OP is wasting too much of his precious time dealing with their incompetence.

Now on <aaisp.net>
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 01-Dec-11 21:52:03
Print Post

[re: mixt] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mixt:
how many days do ISPs have again when you make a request for a MAC ? 5 days right?
LLU is outside the MAC rules.

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 01-Dec-11 21:55:43
Print Post

The 5 day rule does not apply as there is no MAC process for full LLU

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mixt
(experienced) Thu 01-Dec-11 21:55:43
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Stunning. So what's the ultimate solution to force the issue? Cancel all direct debits and initiate a complete cease on the phone line and then start from scratch again?

Now on <aaisp.net>
Standard User quarky
(newbie) Thu 01-Dec-11 22:15:37
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
They should have simply told you that where full LLU is used i.e. phone and broadband both with TalkTalk i.e. on their Essentials or Plus package, then it is impossible to generate a MAC. As they do not exist for full LLU connections.

That may be true, but my phone is with BT, not TT... My seven year old daughter was asking about blackholes and even when I talked about gravity distorting time, she seemed less confused than TT when trying to understand that I have a BT line...
Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 01-Dec-11 22:16:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by mixt:
Stunning. So what's the ultimate solution to force the issue? Cancel all direct debits and initiate a complete cease on the phone line and then start from scratch again?

Basically yes, not forgetting to give the required notice period (usually 30days ) or as their per T& S's Formally (in writing) before you do that,

As do don't want a debt collection agency chasing you for a debt that you don't owe several years down the line do you ,(see bbc tv watchdog) for further details,lol

As said the MAC code process does not apply to fully LLU (FMFP)

Or you could move to sky , and remain Fully unbundled from info on another post in these forums this appears to be possible & without loosing your existing telephone number

Standard User quarky
(newbie) Thu 01-Dec-11 22:19:31
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Funnily enough, it is Sky I am moving to, including my phone line, so Sky will provide both. I was wondering that would make a difference, but TT haven't even asked who I am moving to, they are too busy introducing their left hand to their right hand.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to