User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bilbo8
(committed) Tue 06-Dec-11 10:45:31
Print Post

Talk Talk phone support, worst in UK ISP business ?

[link to this post]

for any company, the 1st point of contact is usually the one which formulates an impression. the combined IQ score of the complete Talk Talk phone support staff must be in single figures. this misfiring, flat tyred, oil leaking and rusty lada riva of an ISP is still employing those who couldnt get a job at mcdonalds to handle phone support. from my past experience, id trust a "you cant get better than a quik fit fitter" to service a bugatti veyron before id let Talk Talk support advise me on how to put an adsl splitter into my phone connection.

talk talk, what a ramshackle of a company continually conning customers every month , worst isp in uk by a long long long way.

Happy anywhere, as long as it ISNT talk talk.
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Dec-11 18:47:16
Print Post

Re: Talk Talk phone support, worst in UK ISP business ?

[re: bilbo8] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bilbo8:
for any company, the 1st point of contact is usually the one which formulates an impression. the combined IQ score of the complete Talk Talk phone support staff must be in single figures. this misfiring, flat tyred, oil leaking and rusty lada riva of an ISP is still employing those who couldnt get a job at mcdonalds to handle phone support. from my past experience, id trust a "you cant get better than a quik fit fitter" to service a bugatti veyron before id let Talk Talk support advise me on how to put an adsl splitter into my phone connection.

talk talk, what a ramshackle of a company continually conning customers every month , worst isp in uk by a long long long way.

And on the other hand - http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/showthread.php...
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Dec-11 19:08:16
Print Post

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jack_Hackett:

That thread seems to agree, it says that forum support is great, phone support banal.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(legend) Tue 06-Dec-11 19:59:31
Print Post

It seems that you are not too impressed!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User bilbo8
(committed) Tue 06-Dec-11 21:41:08
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
In reply to a post by Jack_Hackett:

That thread seems to agree, it says that forum support is great, phone support banal.

and does that make everything ok then ?

telephone support , which is a lot of users 1st port of call, need somebody to show them how to tie their shoelaces ....................thats great, just great.

typical sheepskin coat wearing used carsalesmen that make up talk talk.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 06-Dec-11 23:58:47
Print Post

I dont think it is uniquely a TalkTalk issue.

In the 11 years we have been here, we have seen the pattern time and time again, and the acquisition of Tiscali and its myriad of marketing/retention schemes has resulted in a complicated billing mess where a product for a customer did not match the payment, but Tiscali did not really care as numbers of users mattered more when attempting to sell the business.

Also talk to any ISP, retaining good support staff is very difficult as they can often end up moving elsewhere for better prospects, and employing enough people to answer the phone is not cheap.

TalkTalk could do a lot better, but I bet the management know this.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mixt
(experienced) Wed 07-Dec-11 10:30:49
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Tiscali did not really care as numbers of users mattered more when attempting to sell the business.

Yup, quantity more than quality. Has a big *FAIL* written all over it.
Also talk to any ISP, retaining good support staff is very difficult as they can often end up moving elsewhere for better prospects, and employing enough people to answer the phone is not cheap.

I would imagine the staff turn over in the lower ranks is fairly obscene. Upper management only have themselves to blame, after all, it's them which have more steering power over the running and direction of the company, right? Although, what it really comes down to is keeping the share holders (beneficiaries) happy, so the chief board of directors has to run the company in the way they want, for the benefit of the share holders. That benefit being primarily (from what I can see) making lots of money (profit) keeping the incomings way above the outgoings (apologies, that last part sounds awefully like the ISP-providings, upgradings and mobile-ringdings chap from fone jacker).
TalkTalk could do a lot better, but I bet the management know this.

Yup, I agree. The real issue is that management (or rather the top people above them) just do not care.

I have based a lot of my ISP choices in past years on reviews. But amazingly, the best review you can use is your gut, along with a phone call. Phone them up, speak to them about their products and what they can offer you. If they sound like they do not know what they're talking about, or you get that feeling of being pressured into signing, they are probably not a company you want to do business with. It's as simple as that.

Now on <aaisp.net>
Previous ISPs: Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable), Be* Un Limited, ZeN
Is Linux routing your internet connection?
Need to make BIND geo-aware?
Standard User flippery
(newbie) Wed 07-Dec-11 10:47:33
Print Post

[re: mixt] [link to this post]

Quality of service is normally perceived by personal experience.
My experience with TalkTalk is positive. Linked problem to BT and solved within 24hours. The Customer Support was excellent and gave Step by Step instructions to enable me to give details that could be interpreted by him.
Worst experience I had was with BT where I could no even understand the person on other end of phone.
Standard User bilbo8
(committed) Wed 07-Dec-11 10:49:50
Print Post

[re: mixt] [link to this post]

during my extremely short stay with talk talk i had to deal with "support" many many times. from young ladies who were 100% "whatever" down the phone to guys who were "you do eet like dis, ya know like, its kind of like real teknical.........<hang up> "

talk talk must be actively recruiting lazy disinterested shoe shop teen girls and guys who are more suited to selling carpets at a market and sticking them in phone support.

everything about talk talk makes me want to puke.

Standard User Futaura
(committed) Wed 07-Dec-11 12:12:36
Print Post

during my extremely short stay with talk talk

Say no more. So, you had a bad experience with an ISP... Who hasn't? That's life! Would it not be more healthy for you to forget about it and move on? Surely you must have better things to do than trolling these forums? If not, then I suggest you get some sort of life.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to