User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User CJT
(committed) Thu 22-Dec-11 22:54:37
Print Post

Talk Talk Minimum Term

[link to this post]

I am posting on behalf of a friend, who would like to get some sort of Net connection.

Her and her fiancÚ are on a tight budget. The currently have only mobiles to use, so would most likely need to make limited use of the landline.

They are on the Hastings Exchange (NDHAS) - http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/NDHAS - I noticed TalkTalk are available, so having a look on the TT site I noticed half price broadband deals and an upfront line rental deal. I would suggest this to her, but I cannot seem to find what the "Minimum Term" is.

It is 12 or 18 months?

Perhaps someone can find the relevent link?

Kind Regards

CJT.

tongue

ON BT Total Broadband .

My Broadband Speed Test

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/986285088.png[/IMG]
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 22-Dec-11 23:07:55
Print Post

Re: Talk Talk Minimum Term - EDITED

[re: CJT] [link to this post]

12, 18 or 24 months!
the minimum period is either twelve (12), eighteen (18) or twenty-four (24) months from the Commencement Date of any such Service, depending on your Tariff Plan. We will confirm what minimum period applies to your Contract during your registration process.
EDIT: I'd chose O2 or Be over TT. They have 1 or 12 month contracts.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Thu 22-Dec-11 23:23:33)

Standard User CJT
(committed) Thu 22-Dec-11 23:31:39
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Do they offer the same cost savings?

Sadly in this case it's about being on a tight budget.

I am aware of the pitfalls of signing up to TT

CJT.

tongue

ON BT Total Broadband .

My Broadband Speed Test

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/986285088.png[/IMG]

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 22-Dec-11 23:44:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by CJT:
Do they offer the same cost savings?

Sadly in this case it's about being on a tight budget.

I am aware of the pitfalls of signing up to TT
BT retail line rental can be had for £10.00 per month with line rental saver(12mths paid in advance single payment) the " unlimited weekend " calling plan is free or there are several other telephony providers, if the line has a dial tone then usually there is no install charge

Be wholesale services are available for a cheaper price than BE retail via Xilo (reseller) and are only a monthly rolling contract no tie ins, and have uk based support, on the negative side there is a activation fee £48.00 inc vat, the above could be a better option as FTTC is scheduled in the new year

Edited by tommy45 (Thu 22-Dec-11 23:46:04)

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 23-Dec-11 01:15:45
Print Post

I'm also confused as to what the minimum contract is now , so would imagine its the deal you enter into at the time of signing up .
When I connected my other line to TalkTalk I got half price for a year and a 12 month contract with free connection .

If you know what TalkTalk is like , I don't need to warn you there a budget ISP with budget support .

I,m in the southeast and my connection is actually very good , with only one day of lag since June last year for £3.25 a month it really is excellent value for money and performs well beyond its price point and better than more highly regarded ISP .
It's just when things go wrong you only really have the members forum and email to sort any problems , as phone support in my experience , is worthless . ( guess I did warn you after all )

Edit: if its a new line being put in I would imagine the 18/24 month contracts would be more normal , as in giving TalkTalk a chance to recoup investment . My deal still seems ridiculously good , even to this day .

With TalkTalk , not as bad as some might have you believe

Edited by woweebert (Fri 23-Dec-11 01:35:05)

Moderator Sadoldman
(moderator) Fri 23-Dec-11 07:57:29
Print Post

Re: Talk Talk Minimum Term

If price is a critical factor have a look at Plusnet. I believe that as it is a Market 3 area broadband can be had for less that £7pm and a monthly contract, so no long term commitment.

As ever though the product needs to meet requirements, but it is the cheapest short contract product I know.

Edit. My out of work Nephew uses Plusnet and I believe has a competitive priced line rental as well. Also have a look at the Quidco casback site, it seems to offer £38 cashback if both BB and line rental are taken, £28 for just BB.

My Nephew has to squeeze every penny from any deal.smile

Sadoldman

Just a tad sad..a wee bit old...wink

don@thinkbroadband.com

Edited by Sadoldman (Fri 23-Dec-11 08:06:21)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to