My download speed is 4Mbps after a reboot, and at pingtest.net, I get an A, however, after a wee while, these sites struggle to load, and furthermore my ping score pingtest.net increases to above 1000ms/ F
I have my own router. I have tried a Linksys X2000 which I am using right now and I have the same problem with my Netgear DGN2000.
What could be wrong?
This is really frustrating!!
I have tried registering with TT Forums, but it says I don't exist, must be because I ave been transferred from Pipex...
Here are details:
1. What exchange are you connected to? Blantyre
2. How many telephone extension sockets do you have? 1
3a. Do you have an NTE5 master socket? Yes
3b. If yes to question 3a, have you tried the test socket? Yes
3c. If yes to question 3b, how long for and did you notice an improvement in your connection? N/A
3d. Do you have an iPlate or ADSL faceplate? Yes
4. Is your modem/router connected to your Master Socket? Yes
5. Are you experiencing any problems with your phone service? No
6. What modem are you using? (Make & Model)? Cisco Linksys X2000 and Netgear DGN 2000
7. Have you tested with an alternative modem? (Make & Model) Yes, as above, tried both routers
8. Have you tested with a different microfilter? N/A
9. Are you using a telephone extension lead? Yes (But using the short cable provided with router into the master socket faceplate seems to bring up the same problem)
10. What is your modem SNR Margin down and up? (Can't see that??)
11. What is your bandwidth (Connection or sync speed) down and up? (Downstream - 5208kbps) and (Upstream - 985kbps)
12. What is your attenuation down and up? down - 52db and up - 30.4db
13. Are you experiencing the disconnections at any specific time? No
14. Are you currently using Wireless? Yes
15. Do you have an Alarms and/or Sky boxes connected to the telephone line? Yes
This is a really frustrating problem and I would appreciate any help/suggestions
I don't seem to be experiencing any disconnections as such, just very slow internet speeds, which go as low as 0.2Mbps (download)
If this is not sorted soon, I will definitely be moving away from TalkTalk. Phoned their customer support yesterday, was abysmal, the guy, was obviously reading off some troubleshooting guide asking me the same questions, and kept mentioning disconnections and things which I had not stated as being the problem, finally to reach the conclusion that "We cannot troubleshoot with you any further as you are not using one of our supported routers". I then got put through to Customer Services who want me to take out a new 12 month contract before they will supply me with a new free router, and I am not willing to pay for one. The agent emphasises how the contract would be cheaper, but HELL NO, I don't want to get roped into a contract if I have to spend my life rebooting the router!
I cannot find SNR on either router!
Edited by kazaam (Sun 08-Jan-12 23:13:39)