Sign up to the TT support forums
Make a new post with the following information and ask advice from the OCEs. They are very helpful. A response will take a day or so as they only work 9-5.
This topic has been created to give you a number of diagnostics checks you can complete yourself along with some vital questions and information we require in order to be able to assist you further. Please note that the Online Community Executives "Green Tops" are unable to offer support in real-time, depending on the volume of posts it may take 1-2 days to get a reply from a member of staff.
We would recommend that you dont "bump" your topic. If there is no reply we would recommend using the "Edit" button to add further info. Each time you "bump" it gets sent to the back of the queue as they work oldest to newest posts first.
Make sure the answers to the questions below are in your first post, this will save alot of time!
1. What exchange are you connected to?
2. How many telephone extension sockets do you have?
3a. Do you have an NTE5 master socket?
3b. If yes to question 3a, have you tried the test socket?
3c. If yes to question 3b, how long for and did you notice an improvement in your connection?
3d. Do you have an iPlate or ADSL faceplate?
4. Is your modem/router connected to your Master Socket?
5. Are you experiencing any problems with your phone service?
6. What modem are you using? (Make & Model)?
7. Have you tested with an alternative modem? (Make & Model)
8. Have you tested with a different microfilter?
9. Are you using a telephone extension lead?
10. What is your modem SNR Margin down and up?
11. What is your bandwidth (Connection or sync speed) down and up?
12. What is your attenuation down and up?
13. Are you experiencing the disconnections at any specific time?
14. Are you currently using Wireless?
15. Do you have an Alarms and/or Sky boxes connected to the telephone line?