User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User number45
(newbie) Thu 12-Jan-12 23:50:21
Print Post

TalkTalk Plus and Static IPs

[link to this post]

A TalkTalk sales guy (well 3 actually) came today and started chatting about their Plus package. We still pay for phone line and broadband seperately (I pay for broadband, parents the phone line) so combining would save us money and although I already get good download speed the guy said I wouldn't suffer any slow downs at peak times so we placed an order.

I've realised however I forgot to ask if TalkTalk offer static IPs which I will need for work. So I went online to check and it seems they don't offer static IPs to residential customers.

Is this the case, when connected I couldn't just contact cust support and request one. Or does TalkTalk just not offer them to residential customers.
Standard User acpsd775
(committed) Fri 13-Jan-12 05:30:36
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk Plus and Static IPs

[re: number45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by number45:
A TalkTalk sales guy (well 3 actually) came today and started chatting about their Plus package. We still pay for phone line and broadband seperately (I pay for broadband, parents the phone line) so combining would save us money and although I already get good download speed the guy said I wouldn't suffer any slow downs at peak times so we placed an order.

I've realised however I forgot to ask if TalkTalk offer static IPs which I will need for work. So I went online to check and it seems they don't offer static IPs to residential customers.

Is this the case, when connected I couldn't just contact cust support and request one. Or does TalkTalk just not offer them to residential customers.

No they dont do them at all now only on there biz packages they removed the option of having one on home packages in the end of 2010

Ash

Sky + TalkTalk
-------------------------------------------------------------
2004: Blueyonder 256k/512k => 2006: Blueyonder 2Meg => 2009 Virgin Media 10Meg => 2009/10 Virgin Media 50Meg => 21/04/2011 sky Unlimited 9732kbps/ 796kbps (still active) => 30/9/11 Virgin Media 100Meg => 17/11/11 Talktalk 11105kbps/1020kbps

PSN: ACPSD775 add me if you like
Standard User number45
(newbie) Fri 13-Jan-12 12:48:38
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk Plus and Static IPs

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

Spoke to the IT guy at the company I'm working for. May not need a static IP after all.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to