User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User valezio
(regular) Sun 15-Jan-12 11:33:38
Print Post

Pipex - Talk Talk - cannot access account

[link to this post]

Apologies if this has been posted previously. I was with Pipex for many years and found the service ok, despite ups and downs. Received the letters saying I would be moved over to Talk Talk-then further letters saying the move had been delayed. No final letter from Pipex but can no longer view my bills on the Pipex website and have received emails from Talk Talk letting me know my bill is available to view online(Talk Talk website). However I cannot access my online Billing and having read their forums it seems many Pipex customers are having the same problems. I also am not happy about my service being downgraded to limited download when it was unlimited with Pipex. A few of my charges have gone up also (knew this from Pipex first emails). Generally speaking not happy and this non access for billing is really the last straw now. Just wondering if any other Pipex customers have had success viewing their bills with Talk Talk - and also can anyone tell me how to go about getting my MAC code from Talk Talk. My line will obviously need to go back to BT so it looks like I have a few things to do, not sure what comes first! Any help very gratefully received.
Thank you & best wishes to all
Val
Standard User scolland
(newbie) Sun 15-Jan-12 13:03:02
Print Post

Re: Pipex - Talk Talk - cannot access account

[re: valezio] [link to this post]

I believe that you can now log in to the talktalk website using your Pipex info to get your bills.

Thankfully I am not a Talktalk customer, but I know someone that was a legacy 'Homecall' customer and that is what they are doing.

You need to call talktalk for your mac if that is what you want, and they will offer you deals to stay, even if you decide to stay give them a call and save yourself some money.
Standard User Malwaremike
(member) Sun 15-Jan-12 13:11:01
Print Post

My experience with Pipex/TT is here
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/general/f/3887392-t...

TT was hit with a huge fine for mistreating its ex-Pipex customers. Suggest you log EVERYTHING --- calls, mail etc -- and keep copies for the complaints process which you may well have to crawl through.

Maybe TT has sorted things out, I do hope so. But after my own ordeal I advise you to prepare for the worst. Good luck! smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User valezio
(regular) Sun 15-Jan-12 16:08:24
Print Post

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

Wow, that's scary! Thanks for directing me to it. Really sorry you had such a bad time. I wont be giving anyone any second chances believe me, especially after reading of your terrible experience. Thanks so much for your reply.
Best wishes,
Val
Standard User valezio
(regular) Sun 15-Jan-12 16:11:59
Print Post

[re: scolland] [link to this post]

Thanks for replying. Trouble is when logging into Pipex to view bills etc, you used a username (odd collection of letters set by pipex years ago) and another odd collection of letters and numbers as your password. When going to the Talk Talk website they ask for your email address and password..... ok, fine... I entered the email address they used to write to me to tell me I could view my bill now but they came back with email address not recognised frown Hmmmm!
Have tried all ways of using my old log in info but nothing works.
I did send a note to them via the website but I wont hold out too much hope for a reply......
If I do ask for the mac I wont be tempted to stay... I'm really not happy with the package now and kind of don't trust them one bit.
Thanks again for taking the time to reply,
Best wishes,
Val
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 16-Jan-12 05:49:18
Print Post

Are you on Full LLU (MPF), with TT phone line? If so MACs not applicable.

You need to get line back to a BT line to migrate ADSL.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User flippery
(newbie) Mon 16-Jan-12 16:24:16
Print Post

All Tiscali accounts were placed into Opal now

Talktalkbusiness.co.uk

Go to above web page
Find " Your Account" along top
Go down to "Portal Login" for Pipex
Enter your pipex account and password

Works for me with Nildram.
I was transferred to Unlimited on Opal are you sure you have been downgraded, check bill first
There is a option to upgrade to unlimited.
Unlike some I have no problem with talktalk broadband

Edited by flippery (Mon 16-Jan-12 16:43:43)

Standard User valezio
(regular) Mon 16-Jan-12 19:23:29
Print Post

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

Thanks so much for your reply. I've tried this after reading your post but to no availfrown
I'm not a business customer though. I received a letter from Pipex towards the end of last year stating I would be moved over, then it was delayed, but I did read the details which showed I would be limited and also certain things would be charged extra for. I had the phoneline with Pipex also and presume I now have the Talk Talk line.
Have used the contact us form on the website you sent me anyway, so we'll see what happens next.

Thanks again for your help which I appreciate.

Best wishes,
Val
Standard User flippery
(newbie) Mon 16-Jan-12 20:39:17
Print Post

http://www.talktalkbusiness.co.uk/store/existing-cus...

Hi
Found Pipex customer link above. All customers passed to TalkTalk business, easier for them to handle.You do not need to be a business customer.
May be worth logging in and use forgot password link. If you still get emails from talktalk with invoice link. This should show whether username is valid.
Also freefone for customer support, i found email reply could be slow.

best regards
Standard User valezio
(regular) Mon 16-Jan-12 21:26:01
Print Post

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

Thank you SO much smile You're a miracle worker wink

Found the direct Pipex link from that page and have now been able to log in, mind you not with the email address Talk Talk referred to in their email to me inviting me to view my bill. Pipex allowed you to use alias names for email accounts and that was the one they told me to log in with - didn't work, but the original one from way back when did work smile All is well and I shall see how things go now... will stay put for the time being (after all this hard worksmile

I have been switched from unlimited broadband to limited though - doesn't really matter too much as I'm not doing a great deal online these days but even so, it's a shame to lose the deal I had previously. Also paying more for Caller Display.....may get rid of that.

Thank you again for helping me and thanks to others who also replied and offered help.
All very much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Val x
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to