User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ahmedg
(committed) Sun 04-Mar-12 00:00:28
Print Post

Which router do TT supply

[link to this post]

Due to go live very soon and just wondering what router TT supply?
Standard User baby_frogmella
(committed) Sun 04-Mar-12 10:28:57
Print Post

Re: Which router do TT supply

[re: Ahmedg] [link to this post]

AFAIK it will either be the Huawei HG532 or D-link 2640R (assuming you're on the plus package). I'm afraid the Huawei isn't that good...as soon as i received mine it went straight to the bin and bought a broadcom chip router (most Netgears and the latest Billions are broadcom based). However the Dlink is supposed to be reasonably good so you might get lucky...its pot luck which router you get!

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ 18015/1019 kbps
Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 4S 16gb
ThinkPad X220
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Sun 04-Mar-12 14:56:52
Print Post

In reply to a post by Ahmedg:
Due to go live very soon and just wondering what router TT supply?

If you get the Huawei HG532 and don't get on with it you can get the Dlink 2680 cheap on Ebay, i use one and get great speeds and low pings.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1812879854.png

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/talk-talk-router-d-link-ds...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User HTTP404
(newbie) Sun 04-Mar-12 15:02:59
Print Post

I joined TT about 4 weeks ago on their plus package.

The router they sent was a D-Link 2780.

Very lightweight, very plasticy - but does the job.

Edited by HTTP404 (Sun 04-Mar-12 15:04:32)

Standard User Ahmedg
(committed) Sun 04-Mar-12 19:39:40
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
AFAIK it will either be the Huawei HG532 or D-link 2640R (assuming you're on the plus package). I'm afraid the Huawei isn't that good...as soon as i received mine it went straight to the bin and bought a broadcom chip router (most Netgears and the latest Billions are broadcom based). However the Dlink is supposed to be reasonably good so you might get lucky...its pot luck which router you get!

Yes mate gone for the plus package. moving from bethere to save a few bobs, so if connection is as good as now will be ecstatic.
Standard User Ahmedg
(committed) Sun 04-Mar-12 19:40:57
Print Post

[re: HTTP404] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by HTTP404:
I joined TT about 4 weeks ago on their plus package.

The router they sent was a D-Link 2780.

Very lightweight, very plasticy - but does the job.

How you finding the service?

If worse comes to worse have a old sky netgear thats been flashed so may end up using that and consign the TT to just being a switch.
Standard User HTTP404
(newbie) Sun 04-Mar-12 21:08:43
Print Post

As I said on another thread recently .............

Don't bother with their helpdesk telephone customer services - a waste of time.

Go to their members forums -- http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/
it's monitored by their UK support staff.

Read the bit highlighted in red (to send them your phone and account number), then once you're registered - if you have a problem, just post in the support forums. But also read the sticky's at the top of the broadband support section and include that information in any query you raise - saves a lot of time, and far more productive than BT's usual help - is your pc switched, have you tried rebooting the router etc. etc..

Good Luck.
Standard User Deputy_Dog
(learned) Mon 05-Mar-12 19:52:17
Print Post

If you get another router and can afford it I can't recommend the Billion 7800N enough. I previously had a Netgear DG384GT but recently kept getting drop-outs sometimes every hour. The HG521 that came when I joined TT just over a year ago didn't do much better but this 7800N has been solid since I turned it on and connected 2 days ago. As a bonus my speed and ping has improved a bit to, from an average of between 1.6-2 Mbps to 2.4Mbps and a ping of 16ms. Its a bit pricey at £117 on Amazon but I paid £90 for the DG384GT around 6 years ago when that was considered the best.

I have a NAS drive with Gigabit connection an Ipad2, Android phone and Laptop, Media player (wired) and 4 security IP-cameras (wired).
ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Tue 06-Mar-12 14:26:58
Print Post

hi All,

I can confirm that for PLus the routers supplied are either the Huawei HG532 or the Dlink 2780

For essentials customers the routers supplied are either the HG521 or Dlink 2640R

Cheers

Mark
TalkTalk Online Community Department

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Tue 06-Mar-12 15:24:17
Print Post

ive got the DSL-2780 and i can say its actually a pretty good router wireless is good on it stays cool and it even has USB port for 3G modems on the web panel there's an option to switch to it so good for backup purposes if the ADSL gos down for any reasons

Ash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky 9732kbps/ 796kbps + TalkTalk 11105kbps/1020kbps + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 4157Kbps/1536Kbps
  Print Thread

Jump to