User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ahmedg
(committed) Mon 26-Mar-12 18:50:23
Print Post

Dydns Hostname

[link to this post]

Hi any one using DYDNS for a device on the local network?

Can you connect to it by using the hostname as I cannot though internal IP address works.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 26-Mar-12 21:26:03
Print Post

Re: Dydns Hostname

[re: Ahmedg] [link to this post]

What IP address is the dyndns name resolving too?

If it is the public IP address (What the router has been given) then you need to configure port forwarding.

Also even if the dyndns name is resolving properly and port forwarding is setup, it is common for routers to not handle forwarding from the LAN side, i.e. needs someone outside your LAN to verify public visibility of the service

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Ahmedg
(committed) Tue 27-Mar-12 13:01:29
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Its resolving to the public ISP issued IP.

I have PF set up and everything was working hunky dorry with Bethere and could see status on the internal network as well but since moving to TT it will not connect with the hostname. I have tried it with the HG532 and another router that I had lying around and same thing happens

Its royal pain as the TT router is unstable and reboots hence dont know if the IP has changed. Was not an issue with Bethere as a quick reboot always gave the same IP but not TT

Edited by Ahmedg (Tue 27-Mar-12 13:03:25)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 27-Mar-12 20:42:32
Print Post

Your router needs to support NAT Loopback for this to work.

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Standard User Ahmedg
(committed) Tue 27-Mar-12 21:21:03
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Would you know if the sagem 2404 supports this or if the HG 532 can be set up to do this?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 27-Mar-12 21:34:39
Print Post

Probably not http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/archive/index....

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Standard User Deputy_Dog
(learned) Fri 30-Mar-12 00:53:07
Print Post

Unless your router is compatible with Dynamic DNS you have to have software on your PC to update the host of the IP address when the router reboots. Many routers can register with various popular DNS sites and when setup will forward the new IP to the host when the router reboots with an new dynamic IP. The only other alternative is a static IP, but I'm not sure if TT do them.
Standard User Ahmedg
(committed) Sat 31-Mar-12 16:23:00
Print Post

[re: Deputy_Dog] [link to this post]

its not an update issue mate, that works fine. Its as posted by member above about NAT Loopback issue as without knowing it my previous speedtouch did it but not tt modem.
  Print Thread

Jump to