User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Steedy
(newbie) Tue 24-Apr-12 17:59:39
Print Post

Be careful before you sign up for Talktalk fibre

[link to this post]

I've been with TalkTalk for a few years now and they generally give good service.
I registered for the fibre optic service and received an email saying it was ready to go in my area (Bournemouth). So I signed up (renewing my contract for another 18 months in the process) and got a connection date for today.
They sent me the router and confirmation letter and this morning the openreach engineer called saying he would be doing the work in the cabinet and call soon to the house. Much later he called again to say that BT infinity hadnít even switched on the connection in the area and he had no idea when this would happen.
I rang talktalk and am now hoping they will be in touch with an answer within 48 hours as promised.
However, they should not have signed me up nor taken my money if the product wasnít available or ready. I will update this post once I get a reply.
Standard User Ahmedg
(committed) Tue 24-Apr-12 21:48:44
Print Post

Re: Be careful before you sign up for Talktalk fibre

[re: Steedy] [link to this post]

Hardly TT fault if the cabinet was showing as ready and OR took the order and dispatched an engineer.

You would have thought if it was not ready provision at OR would have picked it up earlier.

Does it say for your phone line on the OR/BT fibre check?
Standard User Steedy
(newbie) Wed 02-May-12 17:06:55
Print Post

Re: Be careful before you sign up for Talktalk fibre

[re: Ahmedg] [link to this post]

Just an update on this. Waited another full day only for the engineer to ring again saying I couldn't be connected and to go back to TalkTalk again. I don't really care who is to blame but someone in this chain is.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to