User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User rorymullan
(newbie) Wed 25-Apr-12 22:49:47
Print Post

Upgrade to unlimited temporarily?

[link to this post]

Hi,

I have recently signed up to talktalk on the 40gb package. It is in a holiday home so the cap isnt a problem as the broadband is only used at the weekends. Is it possible that in the summer months when the internet will be used alot more that I could sign up to the unlimited package for 2 months and then downgrade again when they are up or am I tied into it for a year once upgrading?

Cheers

Rory
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Wed 25-Apr-12 23:00:51
Print Post

Re: Upgrade to unlimited temporarily?

[re: rorymullan] [link to this post]

some one might know 100% but im 95% sure you can switch i signed up for unlimited and then asked to be downgraded to 40GB after 2 moth and they said i could do that no problem if i wanted to but instead did me an offer to just get unlimited at 40gb price (but as i say they said they had no problem changing with no contract change) best bet is phone up and ask first,

Hope this sheds at least a bit of light on the subject

Ash

littlebigone.com FTTC 59744/25360 kbps Bigtv+ IPTV Package + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 5252Kbps/1608Kbps

Edited by acpsd775 (Wed 25-Apr-12 23:06:24)

Standard User Gene_Genie
(newbie) Thu 26-Apr-12 20:26:21
Print Post

Re: Upgrade to unlimited temporarily?

[re: rorymullan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by rorymullan:
Hi,

I have recently signed up to talktalk on the 40gb package. It is in a holiday home so the cap isnt a problem as the broadband is only used at the weekends. Is it possible that in the summer months when the internet will be used alot more that I could sign up to the unlimited package for 2 months and then downgrade again when they are up or am I tied into it for a year once upgrading?

Cheers

Rory

Yes you could do, but why would you want to? There's no need.

TT's FUP allows you to go over the 40GB twice in any 6-month rolling period without charge, so effectively, you could fill yer boots for those 2 months without worrying as long as you know you won't go over again for a while.

See here:
http://help.talktalk.co.uk/app/answers/detail/a_id/1...

Even if you did go over 3 times in 6 months, all that will happen is the download boost (nominally raising you to 80GB limit but actually unlimited) would be added to your account at £5/month and you can remove this after 30 days.

Hope that helps a little.smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to