User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User valezio
(regular) Sat 28-Apr-12 10:05:59
Print Post

Broadband gone

[link to this post]

Having been transferred to TalkTalk from Pipex I was a bit nervous as to how the service would be but I was pleasantly surprised once the issues re signing into my account were resolved. However I am definitely not a happy bunny right now. All was working well until I was away from home for a month or two....switched on yesterday for the first time in ages and found a flashing orange light on the router .... No broadband and at times the orange light disappears completely. Have done all the usual checks of my home equipment and all's fine. It was working great when I last used it before my absence so I believe this could be a fault at the exchange unless TalkTalk have changed something and not advised me. Contacted TalkTalk via the website and waiting for their comments. I won't be hanging around, I'm not usually impatient but I may be ready to move on if this isn't resolved sooner rather than later.

Have a good weekend all and take care
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Apr-12 12:42:11
Print Post

Re: Broadband gone

[re: valezio] [link to this post]

If by TT website you mean the members forum you will not get an answer until Monday as the OCE,s do not work weekends, have you answered all the questions in the sticky ?

http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/showthread.php...
Standard User flippery
(newbie) Sat 28-Apr-12 20:29:35
Print Post

[re: valezio] [link to this post]

You are on Talktalk Business 0800 083 3003 . You should be able to leave voicemail.

Have you reset router and logged in again with User Name and Password. Support will ask you to do this,
Found leaving email or Voicemail slow responce. Phone is free and normally answered in reasonable time

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User valezio
(regular) Sun 29-Apr-12 12:26:44
Print Post

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

Thank you for your reply which I appreciate. Yes I have reset the router and re-entered my user name and password. Still no joy. Thank you so much for giving me the relevant phone number, I shall give that a try.

Thank you again,
Take care,
Best wishes,
Val
Standard User valezio
(regular) Sun 29-Apr-12 12:36:25
Print Post

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

Thank you Jack, I'm grateful to you for your reply. I haven't been able to post to the TT members forum, it said I wasn't recognised even though I gave all the correct details. It then told me to fill in a contact form and they would get back to me. However I've not heard back so can't post there at present.

I did in fact report the connection problem via a web form on the TT website and they sent an auto responder saying I should hear in 24hrs (business day), so that should be Monday if I'm lucky.

I am able to read the TT forum posts and did read and answer all the sticky questions. I've carried out all checks etc and feel sure the broadband fault is at the exchange. I noticed also that a few people have reported connection problems.

Thanks again,

Take care and have a good day,

Best wishes,
Val
  Print Thread

Jump to