User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Pheonix
(newbie) Thu 10-May-12 18:13:31
Print Post

speed issue

[link to this post]

When I upgraded with TT A year or so ago I was told I would get 'up to' 20mbps and for a while I got about 10 - 12 mbps. Presently I achieve about 5 or 6 on good days. I got better than that on my old plan. When I speak to their advisers I am reminded that i was told that I could expect speeds "up to" 20. They offer all kinds of useless advice about relocating the router and changing the filter etc. Anyway my contract is up next month so I am shopping around among the other providers.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 10-May-12 19:56:26
Print Post

Re: speed issue

[re: Pheonix] [link to this post]

First step is always to look at the router stats, and see how that is connecting.

If the line has really got worse, then changing provider may result in no difference in service. if the problem is congestion on TalkTalk then of course it may get better if your new provider is less congested.

As for relocating the router and changing filter advice, it is not useless, filters can degrade and which socket the router is using can have an impact. For example if you have got a new mobile phone its mains charger may be creating interference, so moving one or the other might improve speeds.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to