User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Mxx
(newbie) Sat 09-Jun-12 11:40:25
Print Post

Getting access to Talktalkmembers forum..

[link to this post]

So Since Thursday evening i've been trying to gain access to the talktalkmembers forum however, I seem to be flat out being ignored.
Anyone got a "UK" Landline number which can actually help with this process, it says my account is not active or does not exsist when signing up. Everytime i phoned "customer Support" i Get outside of UK support who have no clue what to do frown

All i want to do is change my line profile

Edited by Mxx (Sat 09-Jun-12 11:40:57)

Standard User lt567
(committed) Sat 09-Jun-12 20:30:38
Print Post

Re: Getting access to Talktalkmembers forum..

[re: Mxx] [link to this post]

When I was on TT, I registered on the forums with the details it asked like telephone number etc. I then went over to the forum sub section relative to the problem I was having and posted in there, I then got a reply from an OCE later on asking to pm her some details to verify I was the account holder. Once verified I then got a reply on my post saying my profile was changed to 6db Fastpath. This was 2 years ago I presume it hasn't changed much on getting verified.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Sat 09-Jun-12 20:47:00
Print Post

Apparenty its normal to have forum sign-up problems (i certainly did!) but just send a message via here and Robert's your mother's brother smile

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ 18015/1019 kbps
Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 4S 16gb
ThinkPad X220

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User omgFTTC
(newbie) Sat 09-Jun-12 22:26:33
Print Post

[re: lt567] [link to this post]

it took me around 5 emails over a couple of days, got exact same message as you, you just have to email them with your acc number and phone number
Standard User Mxx
(learned) Sat 09-Jun-12 23:07:55
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Sent 4-5 "contact us"

I get the error your account is not active or isnt in our database it's quite nice.
Standard User con500
(newbie) Sun 03-Feb-13 13:55:26
Print Post

In reply to a post by Mxx:
Sent 4-5 "contact us"

I get the error your account is not active or isnt in our database it's quite nice.

I also got this message and they continually told me they could not recognize my email adress which was nonsense since it was the same as my TT account.

Eventually after much frustration and many emails, they "Allowed" me to register.
When i finally got to the members area i was flabbergasted at the sheer number of issues peeps were having and the forum is Thee busiest forum i haver ever visited. The speed it moved at was alarming. My post disapeared to page 9 within minutes of posting. That was a week ago and as you may have guessed i have heard nothing back from the forums.

Seems they have just to many members with issues and making it difficult to join the members forums is an attempt to discourage signing up, and in turn keep their numbers down.
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Mon 04-Feb-13 17:50:49
Print Post

[re: con500] [link to this post]

When i finally got to the members area i was flabbergasted at the sheer number of issues peeps were having and the forum is Thee busiest forum i haver ever visited.

I don't get why you were flabbergasted as i imagine you had already visited before signing up and already knew you do not need to be a member to view the forum.

As for being the busiest forum that might be because they have 4.5 million customers.

The speed it moved at was alarming. My post disapeared to page 9 within minutes of posting. That was a week ago and as you may have guessed i have heard nothing back from the forums.

The forum is not real time and the OCE's work from oldest thread first, this means there is always a couple of days between asking and getting an answer (sometimnes longer) bumping your thread also causes problems (see below from the site)

We would recommend that you dont "bump" your topic. If there is no reply we would recommend using the "Edit" button to add further info. Each time you "bump" it gets sent to the back of the queue as they work oldest to newest posts first.

If you are a Twitter user this may be of some use -

TalkTalk ‏ @TalkTalkCare
Official TalkTalk twitter feed. Here to help with any questions about your TalkTalk service. Find us online 9-5 Mon-Fri. Also tweeting @talktalktips.
  Print Thread

Jump to