User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User colin1951uk
(regular) Tue 19-Jun-12 17:20:38
Print Post

Essentials LLU - What's it like?

[link to this post]

Just wondering if there are any Essential LLU package users on here who can tell me what it's like please?

I've been looking at the current 12 month half price offer...but even at the normal price it looks too good to be true.

From what I can make out the Total package gets priority over Essential users and I'm not sure if this is a bad sign. It may all come down to the exchange you use and if it's not flooded with TalkTalk users priority may not be a problem but it does keep nagging at me.

I couldn't care less about the support aspect as I'm savvy enough to get by and anyway looking through TT's Support Forums the people on there seem to get things sorted out pdq if and when the ceiling falls down.

I have spoken to the sales line and they say I can get 16mb tops download with them which is what I would expect but when I get waltzed with what a great money saving company blah blah blah we are I want to put the phone down thank you very much.

So like I say is the service too good to be true before I put my foot in it?

Comments appreciated.

Cheers...Colin
Standard User KINGMUZZAUK
(regular) Tue 19-Jun-12 17:29:34
Print Post

Re: Essentials LLU - What's it like?

[re: colin1951uk] [link to this post]

Got 2 family members on it one on essentials and one on plus package! neither of them have ever had any problems and they been with talktalk for years!

Dont forget to use a cashback site for some extra cash aswell like quidco.com currently its £70 so makes it even cheaper!!
Standard User Fenris
(experienced) Tue 19-Jun-12 17:37:05
Print Post

Well I'm on essentials and can't complain about the speeds I get, whatever protocol it is I'm using. I max the connection out easily. The plus package would be overkill for me, I rarely use the home phone for calls and don't need unlimited* broadband usage.

They tend to keep on top of any serious congestion, so speeds should be okay even if you're on a busier exchange. The 12 month half-price essentials package deal with no limits broadband looks great, I'd definitely go for it!

Virgin>freeserve>BTBroadband>ndo>plusnet>IDNet>ZeN>NEWNET>entanet[ukfsn]>>>>>TalkTalk LLU

Edited by Fenris (Tue 19-Jun-12 17:40:32)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 19-Jun-12 18:16:30
Print Post

Had Plus for 18 months, then wandered to Sky to see what they were like, and can't say much difference between the two. Both work fine for streaming netflix on Battlefield3 gaming.

Biggest moan people have is support, but if you can deal with them via the talktalk member forums its not so bad.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to