User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User scottie4642
(newbie) Thu 21-Jun-12 11:59:37
Print Post

TalkTalk CUstomer Service

[link to this post]

I recently had a problem for 3 weeks with my TalkTalk Broadband connection which was either very slow or cut off.
After 2 visits from BT Open Reach Engineers, who failed to sort the problem, I had a visit from an Open Reach Engineer, Dave King, who spent 1 1/2 hours working on the problem. This involved climbing up the telegraph pole in pouring rain, making good a bad connection and then coming back to the house to check all was well.
He showed me his monitoring gauge to prove that the fault was fixed. No other engineer had done this!
All the time this was going on I was blaming TalkTalk for their poor service.
Instead it was the poor standard from BT Open Reach which was the problem.
I have now learned that, when an engineer says that the fault is fixed, there is a method for him to prove it.
I wonder how many more instances of TalkTalk being blamed for poor customer Service when it is not their fault?
Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Thu 21-Jun-12 13:17:00
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk CUstomer Service

[re: scottie4642] [link to this post]

The problem is that many customers still use phone support (probably not aware of TT forum) which is quite frankly horrible...the other day i called them (stupid of me i know!) requesting to be put on an interleaving profile. The agent had absolutely no idea what i was talking about so i put the phone down immediately and requested it via their forums where OCE Michelle changed it within 48 hrs. If you look at the TT forums, more often than not, many users experiencing issues have problems with their internal wiring or with their equipment which the OCEs do their best to help with..despite the abuse they sometimes get.

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ 18015/1019 kbps
Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 4S 16gb
ThinkPad X220
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 21-Jun-12 14:44:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by scottie4642:
I wonder how many more instances of TalkTalk being blamed for poor customer Service when it is not their fault?
Talk|Talk poor customer service is a fact but i do honestly believe it has improved greatly over the last few years and the inclusion of the forum made TalkTalk a serviceable product as at long last people don't need to use the phone in most cases .

Still it is budget broadband that i maintain performs well above its price point as there network is actually very good in my area and it does seem people are actually ignoring the massive amount of TalkTalk trolling that a Quick Google will reveal on the internet .

Have been a steady stream of happy customer posting that has been growing , whilst the unhappy posts have been shrinking .
Which is actually being shown in the TalkTalk figures for customers complaints , hopefully now for the most part the very messy Tiscali assimilation is behind them TalkTalk might actually not be the worst ISP in the UK for customer complaints . ( you never know and this is my prediction )

Edited by woweebert (Thu 21-Jun-12 14:47:45)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User professor973
(newbie) Thu 21-Jun-12 14:52:26
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

I can't for the life of me see how an ISP whose only decent support is on a forum can be of the slightest use to those that have lost their broadband.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Thu 21-Jun-12 16:22:22
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by professor973:
I can't for the life of me see how an ISP whose only decent support is on a forum can be of the slightest use to those that have lost their broadband.

That's because in the year 2012 nearly everyone will have some sort of alternative web access should their broadband be down ie smartphones, neighbour's or family member's connecton or in the worst case scenario, your local library. But at the same time let's not forget TT's LLU network seems to be very reliable...in the 18+ months i've been with them, not had a single outage smile

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ 18015/1019 kbps
Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 4S 16gb
ThinkPad X220
Standard User lexden16
(regular) Thu 21-Jun-12 16:43:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by scottie4642:

Some elements of TT's service are wholly within their control. Recently, I transferred my phone rental to another provider. Rather than mess up TT's billing system, I allowed the next monthly rental DD to go through. Three weeks after the phone transfer had taken place, I rang CS asking for an update on my refund? I was told that it was all in hand and as I was due a repayment then I could cancel my DD to avoid any further payments being made. Two weeks later, I was still waiting so I rang CS again to be told (a) repayments are only made when a customer asks for them and (b) a repayment could not be made as I had cancelled my DD. What should have been a simple business process was escalated into a complaint. I eventually got a cheque. I doubt whether I will be short-listing TT again in the near future.
Standard User garryth
(newbie) Thu 21-Jun-12 17:54:14
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

I also had been with talktalk for a good number of years and had no problems with my broadband. Only problem I have had with them was due to moving house, because I would be in temp accomm for 6 weeks this seemed to confuse talktalk and 24hrs later my phone line and broadband was disconnected. Got that sorted out but no matter what if I needed to phone customer service my problems where just getting worse!! in the end I am in South Wales and my new modem is in Scotland at my old address. Gave up after that and went with another provider.
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 21-Jun-12 18:19:39
Print Post

[re: garryth] [link to this post]

I repeat budget broadband with budget support , they wont jump through hoops until somebody makes them .
Its very easy to set TalkTalk support up for a fall , just ask them to do something away from the scripts and automated processes , as both the previous posters have found out .

It is cheap for a reason and that reason is the support , you wont get any arguments from long time TalkTalk customers but long time customers know not to try getting support to move out of there comfort zone and know you confuse support at your own risk .

Every thing is fine till you have a problem .

Edited by woweebert (Thu 21-Jun-12 19:28:37)

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 21-Jun-12 22:06:08
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by professor973:

I glad someone thinks the same as me. baby_frogmella will say the same thing as she said before, about being able to use a smart phone horrid things to use to access forums or you can find someone who know who is on the net.

but then you got to wait for the reply, so that means bothering people again. It is inconvenient, if TT had a decent CS via phone then it would not be a problem. Sadly they are not the only company be it telecom, broadband or anything else that have a pathetic customer service.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 21-Jun-12 22:10:32
Print Post

A mate of mine had over 3 months of hassle with his broadband and phone, because BTOR engineers could not be bothered to do proper checks, He must have had about 10 engineers there over the 3 or so month. Only the last one went up the pole to check things out, in the end he changed over to a different pair at the exchange and all is ok, well most of the time.

Bt network is ageing and and getting worse as the years go by.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to